wet n wild MegaProtein Mascara

wet n wild MegaProtein Mascara
MegaProtein MascaraWet n Wild megaprotein mascara MegaProtein MascaraMegaProtein Mascara

3.0

on 10/10/2018 12:34:00 PM

Let me first say that I am not an avid mascara wearer. Although my eyelashes are blonde, my makeup is almost always so dark you cannot see my lashes anyways. When applying this product, it goes on perfectly fine, but I will say the wand is not shaped the way I would want it to be. Quite often my lashes clump together and I have to separate them with my fingernails. After applying, the formula spots everything it touches. Luckily, as I have said before, my eye makeup is dark enough it isn't too obvious.The formula seems to never dry down, leaving my lashes feeling sticky all day. That said, this product stays on my lashes all day.

Pros:
cheap
vegan
longwear

Cons:
sticky
wand doesn't perfectly function
very wet formula
easy to smear and dot

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim during a recent trip to Walmart and so far I haven't had any problems with it. It stays on pretty well and after wearing it all day I can't see any super obvious smudging. It's definitely not my favourite mascara and it doesn't seem to live up to what it promised, but it's still very good if you like a more natural look to your lashes. I will still be using it on minimal makeup days, but I can't see myself repurchasing anytime soon.

good for nothing. smells like yeast. it wasn't waterproof, to be fair, but it smudges within seconds. i wanted to give wet n wild a chance but this is not good for anything.

on 12/2/2017 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I’ve repurchased this mascara over and over again. The formula is very wet, which I prefer because I like to be able to build it up while it’s drying. I prefer not to use mascara on the lower lash line because it can smudge and I think it makes my eyes look smaller. This is easy to remove, I don’t feel like I have to pull at my lashes to get it off. The tube lasts me between 3-4 months depending on how often I wear makeup or how many other mascaras I have in rotation. For only $2 I have been happy with this product for a long time!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This smudges easily, and flakes a bit. I do love how this makes my lashes look though. This is worth a shot for the price, but I don't see myself wearing it, because I constantly feel the need check and see if it has smudged

on 5/9/2017 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

On a recent trip, I ran out of Mascara, and ran into a Rite Aid to grab something. This was on sale, and I am very pleasantly surprised. I am of the Maybelline Full and Soft school. and this is the same sort of thing. No clumps, minimal to no flaking on application. If you aren't interested in a big, dramatic lash look,you may want to try this out.

on 4/13/2017 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I purchased the WATERPROOF version. It's flaked and smudged before I even leave the house. Which makes me think if I got caught in the rain, it would run. Great price, decent packing, poor product.

on 1/6/2017 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

One of my favourite mascaras. It looks quite natural at first, only darkening the lashes to look a bit fuller and brighten the eyes, but after a few coats it really helps lengthen lashes and can look quite pretty. It helps my lashes hold a curl and it works especially well on the bottom lashes. Easy to apply and doesn't clump. This mascara gets the job done.

My only gripe is that it smudges easily, which is to be expected since the mascara is not waterproof.

I don't think that the protein thing works, it seems like a sales gimmick.

on 8/3/2016 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

My review is for the waterproof version in Very Black.

It's rare that I am left disappointed by WnW, and this is just one of those dud products. I don't like this mascara at all. It's clumpy and doesn't make my lashes look longer or particularly volumized. I know a lot of people say they get "raccoon eyes" with this mascara, but I didn't experience that. It's pretty hard to get off though. I double cleanse - oil, then face wash - and usually my oil cleansing step will get all my makeup off. But with this, mascara was still coating my lashes, it actually did take my second cleanser to remove everything. So if you don't double cleanse or don't use a separate eye makeup remover, I'm not sure you'll have an easy time getting this mascara to come off.

It's only $1.99 though, so I'm not mad about it, or gonna bother returning it. You really don't have much to lose just to give it a shot. WnW MegaLength mascara is still my HG drugstore mascara - it's lengthens and volumizes beautifully without clumps - and it's only a dollar more than this.

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE WATERPROOF VERSION!
I got this for under two bucks thinking I'd dip back into waterproof mascaras without risking too much. However, I do not recommend it. It was nice and deep black, separated decently and gave the illusion of length and some volume. So not bad... until (and this may be due to the "waterproof" formulation) it smears everywhere! I've never had another mascara get so much on my eyelids after applying. It seems this takes ages to dry so good luck blinking until it does. But it was near impossible to remove the streaks off my eyelids. The formula might make a good eyeliner? Lol. After wearing it out for only a few hours, I was mortified to come home and see I looked like a dang raccoon. I did not rub my eyes and I didn't get particularly oily so although it may not remove completely with water, that does not actually mean anything about it staying where it's meant to. Going to return it and try a different WnW mascara.