Wet 'n' Wild Mega Protein

image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE WATERPROOF VERSION!
I got this for under two bucks thinking I'd dip back into waterproof mascaras without risking too much. However, I do not recommend it. It was nice and deep black, separated decently and gave the illusion of length and some volume. So not bad... until (and this may be due to the "waterproof" formulation) it smears everywhere! I've never had another mascara get so much on my eyelids after applying. It seems this takes ages to dry so good luck blinking until it does. But it was near impossible to remove the streaks off my eyelids. The formula might make a good eyeliner? Lol. After wearing it out for only a few hours, I was mortified to come home and see I looked like a dang raccoon. I did not rub my eyes and I didn't get particularly oily so although it may not remove completely with water, that does not actually mean anything about it staying where it's meant to. Going to return it and try a different WnW mascara.

It's nothing mind-blowing, but a decent affordable mascara for daily use. It separated my lashes beautifully and didn't clump at all. It has a really runny consistency so first time applying was a bit messy. It also weighed my lashes down, curling my lashes was useless. Nonetheless I'd say this is a nice mascara for more toned down look.

To Read all 92 Reviews, Login or Join

It's affordable, I'm always out for cheap makeup cx so that's a plus for me. The formula is pretty thin, but mine was not watery and it had enough texture to build some pretty nice lashes with. I always curl my lashes before I apply mascara, so that can make a difference in how the product looks when applied. My lashes are not super long, but not stubby either, an average length I guess. This mascara is dark, lengthens well for me, and adds slight volume. I don't feel that it dries my lashes out and it doesn't clump much at all.

on 4/13/2016 2:37:00 PM

My eyes don't react well with this mascara, the slightest wind makes my eyes water.

I took a chance on this mascara because it was so cheap and i'm always looking to spend less. The formula is really thin and almost watery. That is not such a horrible thing except for me this stuff was soo messy. I have decent lengthed lashes and this mascara got all over my lids the second I put it on. Now I have this problem with other mascaras as well and normally I just q-tip my lids to remove it. But this stuff was ALL OVER and because it is waterproof it is a pain in the butt to remove. A q-tip dabbed in water won't make it budge. On the lashes it is ok but only with the use of a curler. With a curler they looked quite nice.

on 3/4/2016 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I like the really thin formula that adds a tiny bit of length and volume,
but I can't use it because it burns my eyes a lot.
Plus, throughout out the day you'll see a lot of fall outs.

on 12/9/2015 12:29:00 AM

for the price I bought a few and I like it better than Maybelline great lash. it stays on better doesn't flake and I think looks natural. I'm not seeing the wet application or clumping at all

on 12/7/2015 1:38:00 AM

I was disappointed in this product. This mascara does not apply smoothly , slightly lengthens and thickens . The effect is too subtle .

on 10/14/2015 11:12:00 PM

Exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a mascara to wear just around the house or at the gym (basically, when I'm not wearing any other makeup) because I have light brown eyelashes. I was looking for one that was a no-brainer to apply (clump, crumble, mess free), had decent pigment and maybe would even help condition lashes.

This sweet find of a mascara has "nourishing" protein. Whatever, doubt that will actually do anything to nourish the lashes but hey, why not? Maybe it does a little and that's cool. Especially for $1.89! The brush is a widely spaced swirl bristle brush, very similar to the classic Great Lash brush, and works great to quickly and evenly coat all the lashes without any clumps or mess. No comb needed. Pigmentation is good; a nice, natural looking black. Overall it's just a "my lashes but better" look, adding minimal length or volume but boosting my bare-faced look just enough to be minimally presentable and make my eyes still look awake.

Easy to wash off (I did not get the waterproof version), no irritation, no smudging, no melting. No fuss, no muss and did I mention it's $1.89?! The bright green tube is fine by me too. This one is a big winner if you want a natural but nice lash look in 10 seconds or less! (Keep on going past if you're looking for major volume/false lash/etc. looks though!)

Edit, 6 weeks later: I've had a lot of lash fallout since I started using this mascara. It may be a coincidence, or it may be the "protein" effect. Either way, I'm discontinuing use and bumping down the overall rating. It's a good basic mascara but not worth going eyelid bald over.

So far -I like it . I generally do a natural minimal makeup look and this works nicely to darken and uplift my lashes . My lashes are fairly long and for the most part slightly upcurling so I'm not searching for much change from a product. The military exchange had it for $1.67 and I had a coupon for a $1 off so my tube was about $ .67! Yes I think I would buy it again.
The brush is a pretty standard mascara wand , medium black color, doesn't seem to smudge or flake (even after Sunday afternoon naps) , and comes off just fine with my Mary Kay bi phase makeup remover.