Wet 'n' Wild Mega Protein

Mega ProteinWet n Wild megaprotein mascara Mega ProteinMega Protein

3.0

on 12/2/2017 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I’ve repurchased this mascara over and over again. The formula is very wet, which I prefer because I like to be able to build it up while it’s drying. I prefer not to use mascara on the lower lash line because it can smudge and I think it makes my eyes look smaller. This is easy to remove, I don’t feel like I have to pull at my lashes to get it off. The tube lasts me between 3-4 months depending on how often I wear makeup or how many other mascaras I have in rotation. For only $2 I have been happy with this product for a long time!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This smudges easily, and flakes a bit. I do love how this makes my lashes look though. This is worth a shot for the price, but I don't see myself wearing it, because I constantly feel the need check and see if it has smudged

on 5/9/2017 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

On a recent trip, I ran out of Mascara, and ran into a Rite Aid to grab something. This was on sale, and I am very pleasantly surprised. I am of the Maybelline Full and Soft school. and this is the same sort of thing. No clumps, minimal to no flaking on application. If you aren't interested in a big, dramatic lash look,you may want to try this out.

on 4/13/2017 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I purchased the WATERPROOF version. It's flaked and smudged before I even leave the house. Which makes me think if I got caught in the rain, it would run. Great price, decent packing, poor product.

on 8/3/2016 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

My review is for the waterproof version in Very Black.

It's rare that I am left disappointed by WnW, and this is just one of those dud products. I don't like this mascara at all. It's clumpy and doesn't make my lashes look longer or particularly volumized. I know a lot of people say they get "raccoon eyes" with this mascara, but I didn't experience that. It's pretty hard to get off though. I double cleanse - oil, then face wash - and usually my oil cleansing step will get all my makeup off. But with this, mascara was still coating my lashes, it actually did take my second cleanser to remove everything. So if you don't double cleanse or don't use a separate eye makeup remover, I'm not sure you'll have an easy time getting this mascara to come off.

It's only $1.99 though, so I'm not mad about it, or gonna bother returning it. You really don't have much to lose just to give it a shot. WnW MegaLength mascara is still my HG drugstore mascara - it's lengthens and volumizes beautifully without clumps - and it's only a dollar more than this.

on 1/6/2017 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

One of my favourite mascaras. It looks quite natural at first, only darkening the lashes to look a bit fuller and brighten the eyes, but after a few coats it really helps lengthen lashes and can look quite pretty. It helps my lashes hold a curl and it works especially well on the bottom lashes. Easy to apply and doesn't clump. This mascara gets the job done.

My only gripe is that it smudges easily, which is to be expected since the mascara is not waterproof.

I don't think that the protein thing works, it seems like a sales gimmick.

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE WATERPROOF VERSION!
I got this for under two bucks thinking I'd dip back into waterproof mascaras without risking too much. However, I do not recommend it. It was nice and deep black, separated decently and gave the illusion of length and some volume. So not bad... until (and this may be due to the "waterproof" formulation) it smears everywhere! I've never had another mascara get so much on my eyelids after applying. It seems this takes ages to dry so good luck blinking until it does. But it was near impossible to remove the streaks off my eyelids. The formula might make a good eyeliner? Lol. After wearing it out for only a few hours, I was mortified to come home and see I looked like a dang raccoon. I did not rub my eyes and I didn't get particularly oily so although it may not remove completely with water, that does not actually mean anything about it staying where it's meant to. Going to return it and try a different WnW mascara.

It's nothing mind-blowing, but a decent affordable mascara for daily use. It separated my lashes beautifully and didn't clump at all. It has a really runny consistency so first time applying was a bit messy. It also weighed my lashes down, curling my lashes was useless. Nonetheless I'd say this is a nice mascara for more toned down look.

on 4/14/2016 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

It's affordable, I'm always out for cheap makeup cx so that's a plus for me. The formula is pretty thin, but mine was not watery and it had enough texture to build some pretty nice lashes with. I always curl my lashes before I apply mascara, so that can make a difference in how the product looks when applied. My lashes are not super long, but not stubby either, an average length I guess. This mascara is dark, lengthens well for me, and adds slight volume. I don't feel that it dries my lashes out and it doesn't clump much at all.

on 4/13/2016 2:37:00 PM

My eyes don't react well with this mascara, the slightest wind makes my eyes water.