Wet 'n' Wild Mega Protein

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/6/2017 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

One of my favourite mascaras. It looks quite natural at first, only darkening the lashes to look a bit fuller and brighten the eyes, but after a few coats it really helps lengthen lashes and can look quite pretty. It helps my lashes hold a curl and it works especially well on the bottom lashes. Easy to apply and doesn't clump. This mascara gets the job done.

My only gripe is that it smudges easily, which is to be expected since the mascara is not waterproof.

I don't think that the protein thing works, it seems like a sales gimmick.

on 8/3/2016 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

My review is for the waterproof version in Very Black.

It's rare that I am left disappointed by WnW, and this is just one of those dud products. I don't like this mascara at all. It's clumpy and doesn't make my lashes look longer or particularly volumized. I know a lot of people say they get "raccoon eyes" with this mascara, but I didn't experience that. It's pretty hard to get off though. I double cleanse - oil, then face wash - and usually my oil cleansing step will get all my makeup off. But with this, mascara was still coating my lashes, it actually did take my second cleanser to remove everything. So if you don't double cleanse or don't use a separate eye makeup remover, I'm not sure you'll have an easy time getting this mascara to come off.

It's only $1.99 though, so I'm not mad about it, or gonna bother returning it. You really don't have much to lose just to give it a shot. WnW MegaLength mascara is still my HG drugstore mascara - it's lengthens and volumizes beautifully without clumps - and it's only a dollar more than this.

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE WATERPROOF VERSION!
I got this for under two bucks thinking I'd dip back into waterproof mascaras without risking too much. However, I do not recommend it. It was nice and deep black, separated decently and gave the illusion of length and some volume. So not bad... until (and this may be due to the "waterproof" formulation) it smears everywhere! I've never had another mascara get so much on my eyelids after applying. It seems this takes ages to dry so good luck blinking until it does. But it was near impossible to remove the streaks off my eyelids. The formula might make a good eyeliner? Lol. After wearing it out for only a few hours, I was mortified to come home and see I looked like a dang raccoon. I did not rub my eyes and I didn't get particularly oily so although it may not remove completely with water, that does not actually mean anything about it staying where it's meant to. Going to return it and try a different WnW mascara.

It's nothing mind-blowing, but a decent affordable mascara for daily use. It separated my lashes beautifully and didn't clump at all. It has a really runny consistency so first time applying was a bit messy. It also weighed my lashes down, curling my lashes was useless. Nonetheless I'd say this is a nice mascara for more toned down look.

on 4/14/2016 12:03:00 PM

It's affordable, I'm always out for cheap makeup cx so that's a plus for me. The formula is pretty thin, but mine was not watery and it had enough texture to build some pretty nice lashes with. I always curl my lashes before I apply mascara, so that can make a difference in how the product looks when applied. My lashes are not super long, but not stubby either, an average length I guess. This mascara is dark, lengthens well for me, and adds slight volume. I don't feel that it dries my lashes out and it doesn't clump much at all.

on 4/13/2016 2:37:00 PM

My eyes don't react well with this mascara, the slightest wind makes my eyes water.

I took a chance on this mascara because it was so cheap and i'm always looking to spend less. The formula is really thin and almost watery. That is not such a horrible thing except for me this stuff was soo messy. I have decent lengthed lashes and this mascara got all over my lids the second I put it on. Now I have this problem with other mascaras as well and normally I just q-tip my lids to remove it. But this stuff was ALL OVER and because it is waterproof it is a pain in the butt to remove. A q-tip dabbed in water won't make it budge. On the lashes it is ok but only with the use of a curler. With a curler they looked quite nice.

on 3/4/2016 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I like the really thin formula that adds a tiny bit of length and volume,
but I can't use it because it burns my eyes a lot.
Plus, throughout out the day you'll see a lot of fall outs.

on 12/9/2015 12:29:00 AM

for the price I bought a few and I like it better than Maybelline great lash. it stays on better doesn't flake and I think looks natural. I'm not seeing the wet application or clumping at all

on 12/7/2015 1:38:00 AM

Don't like this , much prefer Maybelline to pump up my thin lashes and create volume . This is okay for the price but I would rather want a mascara that does something .

Popular Mascaras