Lizard Lips- Lipbalm

Lizard Lips- Lipbalm

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Oxybenzone 6%. Inactive Ingredients: Aloe, Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Comfrey, Grape Seed Oil, Lanolin, Natural Flavor, Propylparaben, Sage, Sal Butter, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Vitamin E

on 8/31/2014 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a great lip balm. Moisturizing, not too shiny, has spf.

One more can you ask for?

The skinny: No frilly scent or fancy packaging. Just SUPERB reliable lip moisture and sun protection. Isn't that what really matters?

Don't let the name fool you. You won't get scaly dry lips when you use this. On the contrary, you get kissably moisturized lips plus SPF. I bought this primarily because it does not use petrolatum which seems to cause my lips to chap after repeated use. It uses beeswax and other oils instead. The feel is smooth and not too waxy. It takes only a few swipes for adequate coverage. The vanilla scent is nothing remarkable but not cloying either. I'm glad it does not have mint in it because that irritates my lips too. Just how much do I love Lizard Lips? I break into a cold sweat whenever I think about Healthy Options (our local specialty health food store) running out. Seriously.

on 11/11/2013 8:32:00 PM

Great natural lip balm with SPF. The Smooth Mint flavor is great I the summer while the Original Vanilla is great in the winter. It is also available in Tangerine Dream and Raspberry Cream. The SPF is only 22 but does the job. Good packaging in the stick tube form. I don't think it is available anywhere but online now. Rite Aid quit carrying it a few years ago, and I have never seen it at Big Lots, but I order it direct from Lizard Lips, online. It is a bit pricey, but worth it. I wish it came in a variety that has a natural tint but overall, I highly recommend this lip balm!

On LizardLips.net, you will find the following:
Lizard Lips® SPF 22 natural base lip balm is perfect for every adventure. Unlike most lip balms that just simply cover up your lips, Lizard Lips® protects against sun, wind & cold. Our petroleum-free formula hydrates & Heals with Aloe, Comfrey & Sage; and revives & relieves overexposed, stressed lips with Shea Butter, Sal Butter, Vitamin E & Grape Seed Oil. Don’t just cover up your lips – heal, moisturize and protect them with Lizard Lips®!

First off, I love the names and the cute packaging, I'm a sucker for that. Anyway, most lipbalms leave a white cast on my lips. I still do get a white cast when using this product but that only happens when I've been lax on the lip exfoliation. Overall, this is a lipbalm that tastes like good vanilla, has SPF, and is pretty cheap but delivers a stellar performance, lipbalm wise. Since I've started using this, chapping of my lips have been significantly reduced. Highly recommended!

on 2/19/2012 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best natural lip balm with sunscreen in it. I was not interested at this at first because natural lip balms with sunscreen have a bad rep for leaving a white cast on your lips. But this doesn't. It moisturizes my lips and protects it from the sun. Love this.

This smells great and feels very moisturizing. I got mines at Rite Aid for 2$. And I love how it has spf 22.

Best lipbalm ever! I was suffering from really chapped lips for over two years until I found this amazing product! I have raspberry. Going to keep buying them!

on 9/9/2010 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I miss the old Lizard Lips. This stuff used to be slightly citrusy and leave a nice little tingle on the lips. It was also balmy when you would apply. Now, the formula has changed and it's ok. I have this in vanilla which is nice, yet boring. I havent been able to find the other flavors. So it still glides on smooth and leaves a nice coating, which means less application. It moisturizes decently cause I took this little blue tube to the desert. Dry and 130F with occasional winds. The SPF is great cause I dont have to worry about burned lips. I still miss the old Lizard, but this stuff will just have to do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was on my way to Sunsplash water park this past wkend and I forgot to bring my favorite Jack Black lipbalm w/ spf 25. I am currently taking Accutane, so my lips are not only super duper dry and peely, but very sensitive to sun.

I did not want to fork out a lot of money, since I just recently started a new tube of Jack Black, and I didn't have time to hunt around, so I stopped by Rite Aid on the way to just pick up a Neutrogena one (which I recently saw positive reviews for). My bf spotted Lizard Lips and remembered I had wanted to try it a while back, but was never able to find it. I decided to try it since it was only $2 and I remembered seeing good reviews and getting recommendations for it.

My dry sensitive lips survived the day in the sun, so I can definitely conclude that this is very moisturizing w/ nice sun protection. It feels slick on the lips, and can feel a greasy if you put too much. Love that is supposed to be a natural lipbalm w/ antioxidants, SPF 22, and protection against UVA and UVB. The only reason I did not give it a 5 is b/c it has a slight weird sweet scent/taste that I don't care for. It's nothing unbearable, but I'd prefer something minty. So if you don't mind that, then I would HIGHLY recommend Lizard Lips. I would repurchase this as a back-up lipbalm or for regular use if I learn to get over the scent/taste.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite lip balm! Doesn't dry my lips!