3.4

$3.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

a month ago

This is one of my favourite products from Neutrogena. It has been available for at least two decades and it still a classic I turn to when I want a basic, no-frills moisturiser that will leave skin feeling healthy, nourished and well moisturised! Please be aware this is not an "active" product. By that I mean it contains no active ingredients other than the Soy Sterols. It is a base of mostly glycerin, petrolatum and Soybean Sterols. All three beautifully ingredients that will moisturise you skin beautifully on the cheap. It comes in a clinical looking white bottle that you pump out, I find two pumps to be the perfect amount for face, neck and chest. You can either use this morning or night and before applying your cosmetics. If you must use this in the day, then I recommend using it before sunscreen but just be aware there is an Oil-Free moisture product with SPF 15+ available, but if that is not moisturising enough that you can definitely layer that over this product. A sensitive skin is sensitive in that it will react to almost anything! This includes unnecessary fragrance (synthetic or "essential oils"), too many filler ingredients and too many preservatives. The preservative system in this product is stable and non-irritating. In fact this entire formula is non-irritating hence it's allocation to those with a sensitive skin. Some skins don't require anything other than basic moisturiser ingredients to look and act healthy. This maybe the product you are just looking for. On the other hand this is the perfect moisturiser for those with combination to normal skins who do not want to use a traditional cream, a lotion texture like this absorbs beautifully into the skin without any form of greasiness. I like this as my summer, autumn and spring moisturiser, one that I apply after applying my Niacinamide, Retinol or Vitamin C serums. And ofcourse always before sunscreen if I am layering but I will mostly likely use the actual Oil-Free SPF 15+ product for that. The texture is water light and barely there, I think this can still be too much for those with oily or very oily skins so be careful. But for everyone else this is just perfect. I don't just limit its use to my face, I also use it on my body and hands. Thank you Neutrogena for making a basic, no-frills product for sensitive skin, it is a budget friendly, efficient life saver, this has now become a staple in my cabinet. I highly recommend this product.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlack

EyesGreen

from

7 months ago

This moisturizer is exactly opposite to what it claims..it does block pores as it includes isopropyl isostearate which is a big cause of acne ..moreover after a first application it turned my skin into red allergic skin...it's a big big no to this product from my side

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

10 months ago

I use this in the summertime and fall season. I believe it's a good moisturizer because it has what I look for in a product- it's not heavy and it doesn't look greasy, this is a perfect daytime moisturizer. If I wear makeup, which is not always, I sometimes use this underneath because it sinks in. I sometimes use this at night. This is a very basic moisturizer that gets the job done. I like it better than the other Nuetrogena ones that make so many claims. This doesn't have actives in it and it's not anti-aging (which I don't need currently) but if you are a teenager or your skin just needs simple moisture, this is great for you. I would also say that it's good for someone who doesn't like actives, which myself doesn't. I find that leaving actives out and moisturizing works really well for me and keeps my skin balanced. This also never breaks out, (I have normal skin and I don't break out from any moisturizer, however) but that's because I know how to use products correctly, in the past I didn't and everything was problematic, so if you are not having good results you should definitely readjust your cleansing routine and how you do it which will have the biggest impact on your skin. This product wouldn't be to blame, it's the most gentle and it's ingredients are safe/effective. And if you have dry skin (which I use to and don't anymore) check out Eucerin products, they are most effective for this concern, drugstore-wise. I I also like that this lotion comes with a twist top and it's cute. It fits my needs and it's really great. ;)

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

a year ago

This makes my face burn and looks red all day. Add up the oiliness it gives me that I have to powder up every hour. I will never buy this moisturizer again.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

I’ve purchased this moisturizer four times. It’s a basic formula but my skin is very finicky and quite dry and it never irritates me or breaks me out. There is vertically no scent which is great. My skin is sensitive and often turns red from other moisturizers but I’ve never had a bad reaction to this Neutrogena product. That’s the good news. While it does moisturize my skin, it doesn’t last as long as I’d like and I have to reapply it liberally and frequently. It’s very inexpensive and I only get it when it’s on sale or when there is a special offer so the price isn’t a problem. It’s soothing on my dry complexion but it doesn’t improve the texture long term. Ideally I’d like something that actually improves the flakiness and tightness I frequently experience. And something that adds more radiance to my complexion. Until I find a better performing product,I’ll keep this in my rotation.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

I love this product. I used to use the generic version from Walmart (Equate) and it never broke me out. After several years of using the generic, I decided to try the actual Neutrogena brand. This sinks in so much better than the generic. The generic used to make me feel oily and like it kinda sat on top of the skin. But I always used it because it was cheap and unfragranced for my sensitive skin. Now I’ll continue to spend the extra dollars getting the brand.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3.0
from

a year ago

This is an OK product. I've already used the version for combination skin and wanted to see if this one was lighter or heavier, or whether it clogged my pores more. On the issue of pore clogging and resultant blackheads, I have a bone to pick with Neutrogena. The company claims that this moisturizer is oil-free. But it contains a few types of silicones. But silicones are oils. So there's that. And while the silicones and parabens in the moisturizer are great for preventing the skin from losing moisture, they also clog my pores. So my face didn't like this moisturizer any more than the combination skin version. But it's quite good for my neck and layers well under sunscreen. And then I can use more expensive, non-pore-clogging moisturizer on my face and save some $$. So I'll likely repurchase just for using on my neck.

About reviewer (393 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I really thought about trying this but a huge chunk of the main ingredients are all extremely comeodogenic!!!! Just be aware of the ingredients in some of these "sensitive skin" products! Yuck! ETA: after seeing the review made above about the negative comments regarding the ingredients in this "oil free" moisturizer FOR SENSITIVE SKIN --- please do a COSDNA search on the ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Cyclomethicone, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Sterols , Isopropyl Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-10 Soy Sterol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. Ethylhexyl Palmitate - comedogenic rating of 4 for acne Isopropyl Isostearate - comedogenic rating of 5 for acne Cetyl Alcohol - comedogenic rating of 2 for acne and irritant level 2 Those are in the top ingredients in this SENSITIVE SKIN product. Comedogenic ratings in the 4 and 5 levels is very high and normally NOT something you'd find in a skin product marketed towards "sensitive skin". No science myths here. Just science.

About reviewer (435 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Very basic, no-frills moisturizer. It's not a miracle product, but it doesn't irritate my skin so I'm satisfied with it. I use it on days where I'd prefer to put something light-weight on my face.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Other, Medium

2 years ago

Hmmmm. I have just started using this and recently I have been having a nightmare with skin care. Since coming off of hormonal birth control my skin has become so reactive and i'm super sensitive to hormonal break outs. I used to have dry skin that I could stick any cream on and now it is combination and very fussy. I bought this cream because I have been using the oil free spf 35 cream in the mornings and I have never had a problem with that so I thought I would give this one a go for night times. Unfortunately it doesn't have any antioxidants or anti aging ingredients. It's just a basic moisturizer. However every expensive retinol, vitamin c, antioxidant cream I buy breaks my skin out a few hours later into cystic acne and I never know where they will pop up. Chin, cheek, I even had 2 on my neck after using one cream. I figured what is the point of younger looking skin if it's covered in hideous and painful red bumps. I have been using this at night time for the past week after washing my face with the Neutrogena gentle cream face wash (again one of the few cleansers I can tolerate) and my skin is completely fine with it (and it has been *that* time of the month). My pores have shrunk, my skin is clear, it's nicely moisturizing without being too heavy so it makes my face look plump and dewy. My skin looks balanced and happy. The only issue is it makes my eyes sting for a minute. I do not even use it under my eyes as I use a special eye cream (don't have to worry about cystic acne under eyes!). It's a shame as the fact it makes my eyes sting worries me that it is not very kind to skin after all! However the rest of my fussy face seems completely fine with it so I guess I will keep on with it for now until I figure out what to do.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43