Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin
Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive SkinOil-Free Moisture Sensitive SkinOil-Free Moisture Sensitive SkinOil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

3.4

Water , Glycerin , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Petrolatum , Cyclomethicone , Soybean Glycine Soya Stearols , Isopropyl Isostearate , Cetyl Alcohol , PEG-10 Soy Sterol , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-100 Stearate , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Carbomer , Tetrasodium EDTA , Sodium Hydroxide , Diazolidinyl Urea , Ethylparaben , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

on 11/19/2018 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I used to use the generic version from Walmart (Equate) and it never broke me out. After several years of using the generic, I decided to try the actual Neutrogena brand. This sinks in so much better than the generic. The generic used to make me feel oily and like it kinda sat on top of the skin. But I always used it because it was cheap and unfragranced for my sensitive skin. Now I’ll continue to spend the extra dollars getting the brand.

on 10/19/2018 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is an OK product. I've already used the version for combination skin and wanted to see if this one was lighter or heavier, or whether it clogged my pores more. On the issue of pore clogging and resultant blackheads, I have a bone to pick with Neutrogena. The company claims that this moisturizer is oil-free. But it contains a few types of silicones. But silicones are oils. So there's that. And while the silicones and parabens in the moisturizer are great for preventing the skin from losing moisture, they also clog my pores. So my face didn't like this moisturizer any more than the combination skin version. But it's quite good for my neck and layers well under sunscreen. And then I can use more expensive, non-pore-clogging moisturizer on my face and save some $$. So I'll likely repurchase just for using on my neck.

on 9/30/2018 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really thought about trying this but a huge chunk of the main ingredients are all extremely comeodogenic!!!! Just be aware of the ingredients in some of these "sensitive skin" products! Yuck!

ETA: after seeing the review made above about the negative comments regarding the ingredients in this "oil free" moisturizer FOR SENSITIVE SKIN --- please do a COSDNA search on the ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Cyclomethicone, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Sterols , Isopropyl Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-10 Soy Sterol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate - comedogenic rating of 4 for acne
Isopropyl Isostearate - comedogenic rating of 5 for acne
Cetyl Alcohol - comedogenic rating of 2 for acne and irritant level 2

Those are in the top ingredients in this SENSITIVE SKIN product. Comedogenic ratings in the 4 and 5 levels is very high and normally NOT something you'd find in a skin product marketed towards "sensitive skin". No science myths here. Just science.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Very basic, no-frills moisturizer. It's not a miracle product, but it doesn't irritate my skin so I'm satisfied with it. I use it on days where I'd prefer to put something light-weight on my face.

on 3/6/2018 5:23:00 PM

Hmmmm. I have just started using this and recently I have been having a nightmare with skin care. Since coming off of hormonal birth control my skin has become so reactive and i'm super sensitive to hormonal break outs. I used to have dry skin that I could stick any cream on and now it is combination and very fussy.
I bought this cream because I have been using the oil free spf 35 cream in the mornings and I have never had a problem with that so I thought I would give this one a go for night times. Unfortunately it doesn't have any antioxidants or anti aging ingredients. It's just a basic moisturizer. However every expensive retinol, vitamin c, antioxidant cream I buy breaks my skin out a few hours later into cystic acne and I never know where they will pop up. Chin, cheek, I even had 2 on my neck after using one cream. I figured what is the point of younger looking skin if it's covered in hideous and painful red bumps.
I have been using this at night time for the past week after washing my face with the Neutrogena gentle cream face wash (again one of the few cleansers I can tolerate) and my skin is completely fine with it (and it has been *that* time of the month). My pores have shrunk, my skin is clear, it's nicely moisturizing without being too heavy so it makes my face look plump and dewy. My skin looks balanced and happy.
The only issue is it makes my eyes sting for a minute. I do not even use it under my eyes as I use a special eye cream (don't have to worry about cystic acne under eyes!). It's a shame as the fact it makes my eyes sting worries me that it is not very kind to skin after all! However the rest of my fussy face seems completely fine with it so I guess I will keep on with it for now until I figure out what to do.

on 8/14/2017 12:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I have used this hydrating lotion for over a year. I mainly stuck with it because it would not cause break-outs and is lightweight. It also does well under makeup. I'm currently searching for something more hydrating but it is a good value for the price and comes in handy when my skin is reacting to other creams I've been testing out. It's fast absorbing and perfect for a quick morning routine.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've repurchased this 3 times already. This is perfect. I use it twice daily & I use it as my primer & Makeup lays beautiful on top.

on 5/12/2017 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've only been using this moisturiser for a couple of days and there are a few things I have to mention. I have oily/acne prone skin and every moisturiser I have tried from drugstore to high end breaks me out, its very rare to find a moisturiser which does not break me out in small bumps or acne.

It's only been a few days since using this moisturiser and I have maybe 2 new breakouts of white heads which is unusual because I rarely get whiteheads (spots which you can pop straight away and white stuff comes out). I usually only get under the skin bumps. Therefore, I am not 100% sure if it is coming from this moisturiser, but I will update in a few days with continued use.

As for the moisturiser itself, the consistency is very thin and watery, it stings a little with application. I have to say it does feel greasy on my nose and the sides of nose when I wake up and during the day I can literally scrape of the oil and gunk with my nails. However on my cheeks its not greasy.

Overall, I'm not impressed, hopefully with continued use I can see whether it is definitely breaking me out or not.

UPDATE: downgraded to 1 lippie, definitely broke me out, caused my skin to be extremely greasy like I said before, if I scrape my nail on my nose I get oil and gunk underneath my nail. Broke me out on my cheeks and my chin and my forehead. It also broke me out underneath my eye on the thin skin which is insane considering that area of your face is not usually where you would get a breakout! Definitely clogs pores and the 'non comedogenic, claim is hilarious considering the top ingredients are some of the most pore clogging ingredients.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

One of the few moisturisers that doesn't make me break out. It does the job well and is a great price.

i really like this moisturizer, its simple, yet gets the job done. in the winter right now, my skin is slightly dry, esp since i like warmer showers, tbh who doesn't, but after i get out of the shower, my face feels stripped so i apply this. i also use this during the day time before my spf and after other skincare products. i use about 3 pumps for my face and neck, and wait about 5-10 minutes to completely absorb before applying makeup. i still get a bit shiny with this even though it says oil free, but thats just my tzone and also using quite a bit of product. so i take a paper towel and just absorb the extra without taking away the effects