L'Oreal Pure Zone Skin Relief Oil-free Moisturizer

No Image

3.0

on 12/28/2010 5:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This haven't been either good or bad for my skin. It's moisturising mu face fairly good, but the greasier part are still all bit greasy and the dryer parts continue to be a bit dry. I don't think it have increased my breakout rate but still it really don't haven't done anything to help it. It feels like an average moisturiser, neither good nor bad.

on 12/7/2009 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

been using this for almost 10 years.
for a guy, this is the best 1 stop moisturizer, mattifier after washing my face!
too bad it's discontinued.

the new anti-greasing moisturizer that replaced this is pure shite. it's more like a re-greaser.

I have very fair skin that's both uneven in colour and texture, so a bit of an oily t-zone and a little dry everywhere else. L'Oréal products have worked quite well for me in the past (love their Happyderm cleansing foam), so I gave this a try. It went on very smoothly, and I did feel it tightening up my skin, however, my complexion became pretty washed out and dry-looking. Putting on on top of it foundation was no problem, but when I concealed my under-eye circles my (fairly oily) concealer came out so flakey I just took the whole thing off straight away.

I guess this is a product you can use when you have oily skin that's not very sensitive. In that case it may even be a winner. But when you have any other type of skin, whether it's dry, mixed, mature or oily and sensitive, I wouldn't bother. I now use it on blemishes before I conceal them, which works very well, but when I'm not breaking out, I always use my Olay Complete. It's got an SPF 15 and some vitamines, it's cheaper, works better under makeup, feels very, very nice and it gives my skin a healthy glow. Will not buy again, but still three lippies because I suspect it works great on oily, acne-prone skin, which is, after all, its target audience.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This product has been discontinued. I was able to buy this on clearance for cheaper. Its an okay moisturiser if you have oily or combo skin. Because i have dry skin it irritated and stung my cheeks and i stopped using it. But ive found another use for it! I now use it for random pimples/breakouts and every now and then i'll use it for oily patches on my face - especially my nose. Mattifies oily areas and eliminates my pimples pretty quickly! Love the pump bottle packaging. Not bad at all :)

on 11/18/2008 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Is the worst moisturiser!!! it doesnt moisturise. Yes it does have BHA acid in it which is good for blemish prone skin, but not in this product! I would not recommend it for blemish prone skin. It can get rid of blemishes but it leave skin dry and irritated. you can get rid of blemishes while leaving skin with an even skin tone and looking fresh and beautiful. This ruins the appearance of skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is very hard to find, 1 of the reasons why I stopped using it. It's a very light moisturizer, so I would only use it for the summer time. It does not help mattify the skin. It does dry to a matte finish. But doesn't control oil that comes later in the day. I might repurchase just for lack of knowing of a better summer moisturizer, but it's a very difficult product to find. So I think I will move on.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this stuff. In the winter I put this on my face everyday before I go outside and it works great keeping my skin from getting dry from the cold. No overbearing scent, no ridiculously high price. The Downside: It's really hard to find since it's been discontinued. Will repurchase!<3

on 12/17/2007 4:04:00 AM

It helps to keep my oily skin matt. Absorbs quickly. Good product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

doesnt help much with any minor break outs that i do get. does make my skin very matte which i love. i use it under my make up. doesnt moisturize well. i got it on clearance and i wouldnt pay full price for it. i wouldnt buy it again either... not strong enough for break outs..

on 10/17/2007 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm on about my...15-20th repurchase. I've been using this for about 5 or 6 years, and it's my absolute favorite. It's perfect for my oily, acne prone skin. I don't know why it's getting such poor reviews.
UPDATE: This has been discontinued :( I went to a few stores and bought all of them on the shelves I could, and ended up with 7. Hopefully by the time I'm done with them I will have found another HG moisturizer.