e.l.f. Cosmetics Cream Eyeshadow (duo): Butter Pecan

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Creme shadows creases on my lids,but I decided to give it a try,this stuff is best as a under brow highlighter and a primer for powder eyeshadows.I got this in Sugar Cookie,it's light gold and light peachy pink.It goes on mostly like a slightly golden and white sheen.To use these shadows alone,they need to be much more pigmented,the basically show up the same even on light skin.Berry Mix is light lilac and dark plum/purple in the pan.The lilac shows up as white but the purple is pretty pigmented and matte.The purple shows up,but it's difficult to get the color nice and even.I'd use this as a base for other purple powder eyeshadow.I did use this as a primer today,and it lasted through 2 hours of dancing and another 2 hours,impressing!This makes the powder shadows brighter and for a primer it works.I think it shows up too little even for a highlighter,but for a primer it's worth the money.Disappointed over the bad color payoff,the light colors all show up the same

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this one and Mocha Swirl duos, but for me, they are just plain useless. They will crease on me, regardless of what I do. I use UDPP under, trying setting them with powder, shadows, nothing works. I do however have pretty oily eyelids and kind of hooded eyes, so I guess that's the reason why while so many others like them, these shadows are just not for me. Colors are nice thought, and shows good on my pale (nw15) skin.

on 7/26/2010 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The two shades in the Butter Pecan cream eyeshadow are very pretty and shimmery. One shade is much lighter than the other (it is a bit pinky - the other is a bit more brown) and can be used as a highlight. I love this product because it can be used in many different ways. You could use it as two eyeshadows, or as primer for other eyeshadows. You could use your finger or an eyeshadow brush to rub it in. As an eyeshadow, it looks very shimmery and natural. As a primer, it makes my eyeshadow darker and helps it stay on longer. I'd suggest using the lighter color as a primer, but both colors work. Overall, it is a really great product and makes for a very pretty and natural look.

on 3/18/2010 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I ordered six of the cream eye-shadows and Butter Pecan is one of the worst. I paid 50 cents during a recent sale, so I am not too disappointed and e.l.f. products are hit and miss. I ordered the powder version of Butter Pecan in hopes that I can salvage the cream version.

Peach is peach and it goes on so wet. Before I applied the shadow to my lids, I swatched this product on my hand. This shade was is so wet and took forever to dry on both my hand and my eyelids. As we know, e.l.f. cream eye shadows are not cream to powder. When I applied this on my eyelids, I used a primer and a matte eyeshadow ~ Peach went on wet and stayed wet. This color faded very quickly on my eyelids, and you could barely see the color at all. The other color is light bronze with the perfect amount of shimmer. It's a very pretty color for my yellow-orange skin tone. This color faded within thirty minutes and was barely noticable on my lids. I applied the shadow with a flat top, dense brush on my eyes.

Out of the six eyeshadow that I received, I like about half of them. When I receive the powder version, I will update my review if it remedies the situation. As of right now, I will continue to purchase the cream shadows again, just not Butter Pecan...

on 2/13/2010 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Like it alot. It pats on nicely, and holds perfectly with loose eyeshadow over (and primer under). Makes the eyeshadows pop. It's not to dry, or to wet, just great. Smells like a Barbiecar or something thou. lol

But, this wont, like most other creamshadows work if u apply a heavy layer and dont prime nor set it with eyeshadow. Thats the highway to creasing.

on 5/22/2009 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I don't really like this as an eyeshadow, but it's a decent base. The colors are in the picture above. It's a pink tan and a mocha brown. They are too greasy to wear alone as eyeshadows plus you can't see them on my skin.