e.l.f. Cream Eyeshadow (duo): Butter Pecan

2.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/22/2012 6:25:00 PM

I actually quite like this. Two gorgeous shimmery shades with a little sparkle. The darker colour is stunning in the crease and adds depth to the eyes. The lighter colour is not very pigmented though and could be possibly used to enhance the tear duct/ highlight the brow bone? I like it though, I want more colours.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm giving this a three just for now because I'm reviewing this based on initial impressions. I've seen this cream shadow for the longest time but somehow, a voice inside of me kept telling me to lay off with the ELF cream products because having hooded eyes, they're sure to crease in no time. But for some reason, I always swatch them on my hand everytime I come across the ELF counter. So today I finally gave in a bought this particular color since among all of the ones they had, this one reminded me the most of my favorite MAC paint pots, Rubenesque and Indianwood. I know that this costs way, way, way cheaper than the two paint pots, so comparing them with the higher end products won't do them justice. I keep this two in one product inside my bag despite the fact that when I applied this on my lids with a cream shadow brush, it creased in no time. I have yet to apply this with a base or use this as a base for my powder shadows but I'm crossing my fingers that it works on me, especially since I really love the colors on my skintone. If not, I've heard that this also works as a really good blush-highlight-contour duo, which would be great as well.

EDIT:
I just wore these shadows from 9am-6pm today topped with powder shadows but without any primer. I would say I give it props since it made my shadows last longer and more pigmented, however, it did have minimal creasing, which can be eliminated with a bit of touch up. I'm sure it'll perform well when I layer it with primer next time!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this one and Mocha Swirl duos, but for me, they are just plain useless. They will crease on me, regardless of what I do. I use UDPP under, trying setting them with powder, shadows, nothing works. I do however have pretty oily eyelids and kind of hooded eyes, so I guess that's the reason why while so many others like them, these shadows are just not for me. Colors are nice thought, and shows good on my pale (nw15) skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I LOVE THESE DUOS! Ok but let me start by saying that i have normal to dry lids so i think that people with oilier lids may not like these but 4 me, i luv em! I have all available shades and this one may be my fav. It has two shades, 1 lighter shade, some say a mac rubenesque paint pot dupe, more in color than texture, its a pinky gold tone, absolutely gorgeous. The other shade being a milk chocolate brown. I love these duos. How i use em is applyin my elf eyelid or mineral primer than swipe my finger into pinky gold & apply a very thin layer of this onto lid area. If u apply too much it will def. Crease on you and ur shadow will disappear sooner than later. Then i take a teeny bit of the brown shade and tap on my outer v area and blend into crease slightly to start to build up a darker tone. I then go onto do my eye makeup with powder shadows. This way, my shadows pop and stand out and stay on for a long time. I also use the brown shade on lid and blend into crease, i do this 4 when i want to wear a darker color, this helps my dark powder shadows stand out and stay longer. Im telling u, for $1, these are amazing 4 me. The lighter shades make awesome brow h/ls and can be used as cream h/l on cheekbones, nose cupid bow and brow. They have many diff shades and make a diff in my cheaper shadows, theyre esp great 4 mineral or loose shadows. I got them all and def will repurchase all of them, 4 sure! Can be used as bases, on their own or as cream highlighters on the face! Great 4 me, i just wish theyd come out with new colors, but i love the ones they have! I love e.l.f.!

on 7/26/2010 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The two shades in the Butter Pecan cream eyeshadow are very pretty and shimmery. One shade is much lighter than the other (it is a bit pinky - the other is a bit more brown) and can be used as a highlight. I love this product because it can be used in many different ways. You could use it as two eyeshadows, or as primer for other eyeshadows. You could use your finger or an eyeshadow brush to rub it in. As an eyeshadow, it looks very shimmery and natural. As a primer, it makes my eyeshadow darker and helps it stay on longer. I'd suggest using the lighter color as a primer, but both colors work. Overall, it is a really great product and makes for a very pretty and natural look.

on 5/30/2010 3:47:00 AM

I seriously don't like these ELF duo eyeshadow cream. It doensn't even work as a cream, its more like grease bases that don't work ==". DON"T BUY THIS WHATEVER YOU DO! DONT" WASTE YOUR MONEY. This color is pretty plain too, with a nude color and a basic brown.

on 3/18/2010 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I ordered six of the cream eye-shadows and Butter Pecan is one of the worst. I paid 50 cents during a recent sale, so I am not too disappointed and e.l.f. products are hit and miss. I ordered the powder version of Butter Pecan in hopes that I can salvage the cream version.

Peach is peach and it goes on so wet. Before I applied the shadow to my lids, I swatched this product on my hand. This shade was is so wet and took forever to dry on both my hand and my eyelids. As we know, e.l.f. cream eye shadows are not cream to powder. When I applied this on my eyelids, I used a primer and a matte eyeshadow ~ Peach went on wet and stayed wet. This color faded very quickly on my eyelids, and you could barely see the color at all. The other color is light bronze with the perfect amount of shimmer. It's a very pretty color for my yellow-orange skin tone. This color faded within thirty minutes and was barely noticable on my lids. I applied the shadow with a flat top, dense brush on my eyes.

Out of the six eyeshadow that I received, I like about half of them. When I receive the powder version, I will update my review if it remedies the situation. As of right now, I will continue to purchase the cream shadows again, just not Butter Pecan...

on 5/22/2009 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I don't really like this as an eyeshadow, but it's a decent base. The colors are in the picture above. It's a pink tan and a mocha brown. They are too greasy to wear alone as eyeshadows plus you can't see them on my skin.