E.L.F. Cream Eyeshadow (duo): Butter Pecan

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this one and Mocha Swirl duos, but for me, they are just plain useless. They will crease on me, regardless of what I do. I use UDPP under, trying setting them with powder, shadows, nothing works. I do however have pretty oily eyelids and kind of hooded eyes, so I guess that's the reason why while so many others like them, these shadows are just not for me. Colors are nice thought, and shows good on my pale (nw15) skin.

Their worst product. This has the texture of vaseline and stays that way on your lid. The color as any elf product is darker then the website, but thats sometimes ok. Butter pecan is much darker then the picture so check swatches! It looks like peanut butter
Whats not ok is the color it goes on as. It is barely tinted! Think of those cheap tinted chapstick you buy at the drugstore. Thats the color they have.
Wearing them as a base for other shadows make my eyes look cakey, wrinkly and old.
E.L.F. have some good products but don't buy their cream shadows.

on 5/30/2010 3:47:00 AM

I seriously don't like these ELF duo eyeshadow cream. It doensn't even work as a cream, its more like grease bases that don't work ==". DON"T BUY THIS WHATEVER YOU DO! DONT" WASTE YOUR MONEY. This color is pretty plain too, with a nude color and a basic brown.

on 3/18/2010 2:48:00 AM

I ordered six of the cream eye-shadows and Butter Pecan is one of the worst. I paid 50 cents during a recent sale, so I am not too disappointed and e.l.f. products are hit and miss. I ordered the powder version of Butter Pecan in hopes that I can salvage the cream version.

Peach is peach and it goes on so wet. Before I applied the shadow to my lids, I swatched this product on my hand. This shade was is so wet and took forever to dry on both my hand and my eyelids. As we know, e.l.f. cream eye shadows are not cream to powder. When I applied this on my eyelids, I used a primer and a matte eyeshadow ~ Peach went on wet and stayed wet. This color faded very quickly on my eyelids, and you could barely see the color at all. The other color is light bronze with the perfect amount of shimmer. It's a very pretty color for my yellow-orange skin tone. This color faded within thirty minutes and was barely noticable on my lids. I applied the shadow with a flat top, dense brush on my eyes.

Out of the six eyeshadow that I received, I like about half of them. When I receive the powder version, I will update my review if it remedies the situation. As of right now, I will continue to purchase the cream shadows again, just not Butter Pecan...

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Creme shadows creases on my lids,but I decided to give it a try,this stuff is best as a under brow highlighter and a primer for powder eyeshadows.I got this in Sugar Cookie,it's light gold and light peachy pink.It goes on mostly like a slightly golden and white sheen.To use these shadows alone,they need to be much more pigmented,the basically show up the same even on light skin.Berry Mix is light lilac and dark plum/purple in the pan.The lilac shows up as white but the purple is pretty pigmented and matte.The purple shows up,but it's difficult to get the color nice and even.I'd use this as a base for other purple powder eyeshadow.I did use this as a primer today,and it lasted through 2 hours of dancing and another 2 hours,impressing!This makes the powder shadows brighter and for a primer it works.I think it shows up too little even for a highlighter,but for a primer it's worth the money.Disappointed over the bad color payoff,the light colors all show up the same

on 4/29/2011 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is too greasy and slippery on my lids, and I used it over a primer, It slid off my eyelids the moment I put it on. I ended up dusting a powder eyeshadow over it, bummer! Anyway, I recently tried the studio version of the cream eyeshadows, Now those are move bang for your 3 bucks!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I am torn on this item. I tried using it by itself because the color was amazing! I do not have the product anymore because I gave it to my mother so I can't describe it. I have yellow undertones and it is very difficult to match my skin color because I am half caucasian and half asian. After about 15 minutes I looked into the mirror and found the colors to be stuck in my crease, which made me look like a 10 year old playing with their mom's makeup. I would like to try it as a base in the future.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of e.l.f.'s nicer cream eyeshadow duos, what they all have in common is that they crease, sometimes even with a primer (although using even the one dollar e.l.f. primer seems to improve its lasting power). It's a lot creamier than e.l.f.'s cream eyeshadow from the studio line but this one stays creamy even after it's applied on the lids which probably makes it crease faster. It's still nice to use under eyeshadows. The two colors are a brown and a brownish orange, both pretty useful for everyday wear. I don't think I would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm giving this a three just for now because I'm reviewing this based on initial impressions. I've seen this cream shadow for the longest time but somehow, a voice inside of me kept telling me to lay off with the ELF cream products because having hooded eyes, they're sure to crease in no time. But for some reason, I always swatch them on my hand everytime I come across the ELF counter. So today I finally gave in a bought this particular color since among all of the ones they had, this one reminded me the most of my favorite MAC paint pots, Rubenesque and Indianwood. I know that this costs way, way, way cheaper than the two paint pots, so comparing them with the higher end products won't do them justice. I keep this two in one product inside my bag despite the fact that when I applied this on my lids with a cream shadow brush, it creased in no time. I have yet to apply this with a base or use this as a base for my powder shadows but I'm crossing my fingers that it works on me, especially since I really love the colors on my skintone. If not, I've heard that this also works as a really good blush-highlight-contour duo, which would be great as well.

EDIT:
I just wore these shadows from 9am-6pm today topped with powder shadows but without any primer. I would say I give it props since it made my shadows last longer and more pigmented, however, it did have minimal creasing, which can be eliminated with a bit of touch up. I'm sure it'll perform well when I layer it with primer next time!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This was not good. It creased and the peachy color looked orange on my skin. Not buying this again.