Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.2

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Been using this as a body oil for 3 months now and I’m amazed by the results. I stopped using lotions/creams years ago because they always left a residue and never felt comfortable on my skin no matter how light it was advertised as. I usually use almond oil on my body but I thought I’d give this a try since I have some scarring on my arms (had a nasty breakout after waxing) and I also have stretch marks on my tummy from having two kids. Since using this, my skin feels amazingly smooth and soft. I apply it when my skin is slightly damp after a shower and it absorbs right away, no greasy or sticky residue AT ALL but my skin is so moisturized. There’s been a subtle glow to my skin ever since using this and will be using this unless I come across any issues. The only thing I don’t like is the funky odor of the cocoa butter. It dissipates after 30 min or so but I understand it’s made out of cocoa butter. Something I can deal with

I love this body oil! The only reason I didn’t give it 5/5 is because of the scent, I can’t stand the way it smells but I let it go because the oil itself performs so well. I use this all over after my shower, before I have toweled off. I then pat dry so as not to remove all the oil I’ve just applied. My skin DRINKS this stuff up, it is so smooth and shines from within afterwards. I will continue to use this over my Jergen’s wet shower moisturizer (which used to be my holy grail!) This. Stuff. Works!

on 10/28/2018 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this 1-2 x a day for about 4 months now, umm holy WOW, this oil is amaze balls. I use this directly on my skin (at night)after toning, let it absorb for about 20 minutes, then proceed with the next step in my routine, wow, this has made my 49(just turned yesterday🤪) year old skin look ahhhmazing. I will sometimes add a few drops to my moisturizer in the morning and let it absorb well before applying primer. The bottle states that 93% of users have seen a difference in scars, stretch marks, dry damaged skin, uneven skin tone, and aging skin. I don't have any scars or uneven skin tone except darkness under my eyes, but it has dramatically smoothed the lines around my mouth that are small but they bug me, and just given my skin and overall clarity and freshness, as if I had an expensive peel or laser, and people have complimented me.. I can't say enough about this product, I definitely recommend.

on 5/17/2018 11:58:00 AM

I was using bio oil to relieve itch on my body but this was cheaper. I tried both the rose hip and cocoa version and love both. They absorb into the skin, relieve itch, light and smell so nice especially the cocoa one. Cheap and good packaging. Mineral oil like baby oils don’t work well for me, but for some strange reason this did not cause itch for me. I tried it on the face and it is too rich and causes acne. Strictly on the body for me .

I love this oil. I brought it for about $12, which is pretty cheap for a facial oil. At first I didn't really like it compared to a rose hip oil I had been using. I've now run out of that so I thought i would give this a go. I've been using it for about 5 days, I put it on with the moisturizer in the morning and with my night cream at night and tonight I loved my face! My scarring and redness is looking a lot better, my skin is super soft and it looks so glowy and healthy. I absolutely love it. I don't like the smell so much but I really am enjoying this so far.

on 2/22/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My mom first showed me this oil, and it's a lifesaver. Literally. I'll explain. It's great for healing hyperpigmentation, scars, calluses, etc. It's safe to use on open wounds. It's a miracle for damaged skin- scar tissue, calluses, hyperpigmentation. It breaks up scar tissue like nothing else ever has for me. And I have dermatillomania, so I have some serious scar tissue- everywhere from my cheeks to my ankles to my back. My scar tissue is deep under the surface and broken up, so even dermatologists say there's not much hope in it going away completely. And it hasn't, but using this oil anywhere on my body where there are marks left from picking. I use it once a day, or every other day since I'm not perfect, for a couple weeks to a month and the scars fade significantly. I find the best result when I use this during or after a hot shower. It's not great if you have acne prone skin- after all, you're literally slathering your skin in oil. When I use it on acne-prone areas I usually break out. But it's worth it to speed up healing. That's what this is the best at. I use other products for daily moisturizing. My go-to routine of aloe+hydrocortisone cream+blister bandages is best for closing open wounds, blisters, and lesions caused by my derma. But I've always struggled with not reopening the remaining mark. I'm way more likely to get an infection when I reopen an existing lesion rather than causing a new one. In the past, I've gotten bloodstream staph infections twice, a topical antibiotic-resistant MRSA infection once, and countless other, less dangerous infections that required doctors visits, urgent care, antibiotics, steroids, lancing, excision, etc. But I haven't gotten an infection requiring a doctor's visit in almost two years. If anything my derma has worsened in that time, but this oil keeps me safe. So that's why I love Palmer's. I'm also prone to nummular eczema, and this oil is a great preventative tool for my eczema, which is triggered by dry skin. Whenever I have a particularly rough, tight, scaly patch of skin, I put this on the area twice a day (along with using vaseline/aquaphor on the area throughout the day to protect it from dehydration) until it's smooth again. Usually takes 3-4 days, at most a week. My only complaint is the smell. It's not bad, but the fragrance is too strong for me. I've gotten used to it, but it's definitely an acquired smell. Palmers is THE BEST oil out there for damaged skin because it works fast, can be used on open wound (like blisters, raw skin under a scab, or a popped pimple), and it never leaves you feeling greasy- it absorbs into your skin right away instead of sitting on the top.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for 4 days only but the results are amazing. By the second day of using it, my bumpy face became smooth and supple. I'm just hoping that it'll get rid of my post acne marks.

UPDATE: After 2 weeks of using this i noticed that I've been getting closed comedones on my cheeks. Since then I've stopped using it.

on 5/15/2017 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Today's mark one month I've using this therapy oil. My skin is acne prone type, at first I was afraid to give it a try since it was oil based but if you never try you'll never know and yeah it was doing good to my skin texture. It started when I'm running out of moisturiser and my previous moisturiser was pricey so I'm giving this a try. Honestly I'm loving this cause it makes my skin feeling softer. It also help repairing my skin and makes my makeup looks flawlessly. I don't have any problem with the scent and the packaging since it using a dispenser pump so I could control how much pump I would want. Plus, it wasn't greasy when I put this on my face unlike Bio Oil. I woke up feeling fresh and moisture. But I haven't seen this giving me a great result on my post acne marks. I'm hoping it will give in another months. Overall, if you not suffer from any problematic skin, definitely recommended this to you!!!

on 5/14/2017 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I had really high hopes for this as it said that it gets rid of scars & uneven skin tone, which was what I was after. I absolutely hated the scent, but I thought that if this really works the smell could be bearable. I've only used it three times and I noticed that I have a few bumps forming on my skin :( After working so hard to make my face clear over the past few months only to see new pimples really upset me. I will not be using this again.

on 5/2/2017 12:18:00 PM

I love Palmers`s body butters, but this oil I`m not crazy about. First off, the scent was really off for me. I know cocoa butter can be a tricky fragrance, but I feel that from all the other brands of cocoa butter body treatments I have tried, Palmer`s is the best. Not with this oil, though. I thought maybe I`d gotten a rancid product that was past its expiration date, but the one I sniffed in Boots was exactly the same. I was hoping to use it often, but it ended up just being my after treatment after waxing my legs. Would not repurchase.

Popular Body Skincare Products