Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.3

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for 4 days only but the results are amazing. By the second day of using it, my bumpy face became smooth and supple. I'm just hoping that it'll get rid of my post acne marks.

UPDATE: After 2 weeks of using this i noticed that I've been getting closed comedones on my cheeks. Since then I've stopped using it.

on 5/15/2017 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Today's mark one month I've using this therapy oil. My skin is acne prone type, at first I was afraid to give it a try since it was oil based but if you never try you'll never know and yeah it was doing good to my skin texture. It started when I'm running out of moisturiser and my previous moisturiser was pricey so I'm giving this a try. Honestly I'm loving this cause it makes my skin feeling softer. It also help repairing my skin and makes my makeup looks flawlessly. I don't have any problem with the scent and the packaging since it using a dispenser pump so I could control how much pump I would want. Plus, it wasn't greasy when I put this on my face unlike Bio Oil. I woke up feeling fresh and moisture. But I haven't seen this giving me a great result on my post acne marks. I'm hoping it will give in another months. Overall, if you not suffer from any problematic skin, definitely recommended this to you!!!

on 6/19/2013 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried a sample of this oil and at first was repelled by how strong the smell was, then, after half an hour I realised I really, really liked the fragrance in the oil (It's the same fragrance as the lotion, only stronger). I was looking to purchase some but found it to be quite expensive from Boots and I don't trust these online sellers. When the perfumes I have now run out I might not buy another perfume and actually buy this instead and use it as a perfume.
I've read that the smell wears off, but I don't remember that happening, I found it to be lovely. I normally find Palmer's lotion to smell a bit cheap and not as rich as genuine cocoa-butter but this oil was gorgeous. Would definitely buy a bottle of it!

on 3/30/2013 4:04:00 AM

I'm 20, have been using the cocoa-butter scented oil on my face, and have definitely seen an improvement in skin tone and feel. I have pretty dry skin that was previously littered with hyper-pigmentation, acne scars, had a generally dull quality, was slightly flaky and occasionally oily due to my skin trying to make up for its dryness. After two months of using this oil daily, my skin's soft, evened out/brighter, no scars, MUCH less acne-prone, not flaky, not overly oily because it's well moisturised, and though its done nothing for my pores (which it doesn't claim to anyway), my face is otherwise pretty much 'fixed' :)
For the rest of my body I tend to stick with the regular Palmer's body oil, because it seems like such a waste to use the much smaller and specialised therapy oil on non-problem areas when the body oil would have the same effect.
The smell isn't overwhelmingly strong, and is an interesting chocolatey scent (which I don't mind, but I can see how some people might find it unbearable). In any case, though it absorbs within a few minutes, the scent does linger, so if you're worried about the smell, maybe try the rosehip scented version, which is reputedly a lot nicer smelling than the original.
I use about three drops for my whole face -every night after washing my face- and have barely made it through a third of the bottle, so I think it'll last a while. I do agree with previous reviewers that it's not the most ideal packaging (flip-top cap for a bottle of oil),but it personally hasn't been a huge issue; my bottle sits on my vanity so I haven't had any real leakage problems or anything.
A fairly priced product that does what it says.
Will repurchase again, probably. Maybe the rosehip version next time!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product is great. It's a fast absorbing oil which soaks up nicely and leaves my skin soft even the day after. The price is lovely, it feels like one of those 'bargain luxury\ products because it is quite lovely, considering the price. The only problems I find with it is that the packaging leaks sometimes or then Im just such a careless user who's bashed it so many times somewhere, who know! Also the smell can be quite strong to some people, if you have a sensitive nose and don't like products with strong fragrances, then this might not be the product for you, a perfect daily moisturiser! Would purchase this again, I use it daily during evenings after a shower before I go to bed! Great Product!

on 3/8/2012 1:18:00 PM

I use this on my face most mornings with rosehip oil under my moisturizer. I also combine it with a body moisturizer after each shower and use it all over!

I use a variety of oils, creams, serums, etc. I can't say for sure which one works best over another but I like how this makes my skin feel. You know how nutritionists tell us to eat a variety of foods every day, such as an apple one day and strawberries the next because your body needs variety? I think it makes sense to do the same for our skin. So I use this oil but not everyday (I also use essential oils with jojoba and grape seed oil, Algenist serum, Boots serum, carrot seed oil, and as mentioned, rosehip oil).

I noticed some people here complain it isn't a miracle oil for stretch marks. I just wanted to point out that only a dermatologist can give you fast results and even then fast is sometimes a period of 6 months to a year before you see the improvement you want (depending on severity). That being said, be patient and realize this will help prevent further damage and it will take time to heal.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I started to get stretch marks around my hip area, my thighs, and my butt since my sophomore year in high school. I always used to be self conscious about wearing anything that showed my legs, or hip areas. Now I can say that this is no longer a factor in my life. I bought this oil three weeks ago, and the stretch marks on my hips are almost gone. It's not visible any more and I can barely see them. The areas on my butt are almost completely gone. The ones on my thighs are taking so time, but I can tell when I'm done with this bottle, it will not be there any longer. I'm so happy I found this products =).

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I had this sitting around having bought it to see if it would decrease a pretty noticeable scar between my brows since childhood. It did not so I put it away. I used it again out of desperation, but this time on my face. It has been like a miracle cure for some mild scarring on my chin area....from overly enthusiastic micro dermabrasion.. Nothing and I mean nothing had had any affect on that area and I do not skimp on skin care. If only I had found this earlier...like years earlier. The packaging is nothing special, but there is nothing like it anywhere. The ingredients do not look unusual, but this oil is the best. Use a little for results. Even if over applied it will soak in. This is my moisturizer from now on. In the morning I use sunscreen and this oil. In the evening I use an AHA product and this oil. My skin looks great, finally.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is an amazing little product. It has a better price tag than bio-oil and not as heavy feeling.

It works great on my face and body. I use it all the time and gives my skin a long soft feel. It even work well on my combination skin on my face without making it very oily or clog pores.

Even though it's small, it can last for a long while. Definite must have!

on 4/15/2010 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

1. absorbs quickly, thus no greasy or sticky feeling after applying.
2. it says you can apply on your face too, but i do not recommend ppl with oily/ acne prone skin to do so, ( esp if you are living in hot and humid area) its too oily for my face and oil seeds came out.

Popular Body Skincare Products