Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.1

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

on 5/14/2017 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I had really high hopes for this as it said that it gets rid of scars & uneven skin tone, which was what I was after. I absolutely hated the scent, but I thought that if this really works the smell could be bearable. I've only used it three times and I noticed that I have a few bumps forming on my skin :( After working so hard to make my face clear over the past few months only to see new pimples really upset me. I will not be using this again.

on 2/12/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this through amazon to help with some dark spots and skin discoloration on my body and use as a general moisturizer in the summer time when I didn't want to use a heavier lotion. I'll admit I wasn't particularly regular in my application so it was probably used like every day for a few weeks and then sporadically until I ran out. I didn't see much improvement if any for the dark spots. As a moisturizer, it was ok really. It didn't feel too greasy (more like a dry oil) and I thought it absorbed quickly but the feeling of being moisturized didn't last long as I would feel dry the next day (and this is during the summer in an apartment without aircon).

So 2 stars because it wasn't good, but it could of been worse. Even though it was fairly cheap, I wouldn't buy it again. For dark spots, I've had a lot better luck with rose hip seed oil and for a moisturizing oil, I'd probably just go with coconut oil even though it leaves me feeling greasy, if I'm pressed for cash. Long story short, there are definitely better alternatives out there around this same price point if you're looking for moisturizer or something to help with dark spots.

on 6/22/2015 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've tried to jump on the oil bandwagon for a while now but most of the ones I have tried didn't work out for me. Jose Maran Argan Oil clogged my pores and was extremely expensive, the Fresh Seaberry oil gave me a really bazaar rash. My mom who is in her 50s started using this as her moisturizer (she has mature/dry skin). I was slightly hesitant to use it but she told me to give it a go since it's very inexpensive and she loved it herself. I myself have oily/combo skin that is quite sensitive and acne prone. I washed and toned my face like usual and I used a nickel sized amount of my normal moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically different moisturizing gel) and then mixed in one pump of this oil in and rubbed it on my face. I can usually tell right away when my skin dislikes something because I will get itchy and red, after a few minutes I realized that hadn't happened so I went to bed. I loved that it wasn't really greasy or sticky, it didn't leave any residue or stains on my pillow. I woke up the next morning and my skin was SO soft! Softer than usual and just felt plump and had a beautiful glow about it. I continued to use this and around the 2-3 week mark I noticed that a lot of my acne scars and marks had faded about 80%. After about a month of using this product I can say my acne scars have seriously faded, my skin is moisturized and I feel like my skin bounces back from damage a lot easier. When I break out I feel like they heal better and faster. Most of my acne is hormone caused so I didn't expect this to stop my acne and it didn't but it definitely helps the healing process. The smell is also very nice, not too strong. The texture isn't too oily or greasy, it absorbs into the skin very nicely. I haven't been brave enough to use this during the day under my makeup because my skin can be on the oily side but for a night time treat this is ideal! I found my bottle for 5 bucks at Walgreens, far cry from the Josie maran oil which is 96 dollars for half the amount. On top of all that, this oil hasn't clogged my pores or broken me out. No bad reactions whatsoever. I am so happy with this product and pleasantly surprised. This is the only oil that has ever done anything for my skin!

TLDR:
-fast absorbing, non-greasy texture. no residue/stains on pillows or bed sheets.
-great for acne scars, wrickles or dry skin.
-nice smell, not too strong.
-found at walgreens, Walmart, cvs, any drugstore.
-prices vary but usually around the $5-$7 dollar mark.
-also great as a hair treatment!
-no bad reactions and didn't clog my pores.
-great packaging. easy pump bottle.

on 7/2/2014 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I really like this oil! I have tan skin that marks extremely easily so I replaced my facial moisturizer with this about a month (?) ago....I like it because it helps get rid of post acne marks. It does get greasy if you use a lot though. Also: the first week of using this instead of my moisturizer my skin got really flaky but it went back to normal. As of now definitely an HG product!

on 12/9/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This oil is the best! I started using it about a month ago and I still have loads left considering I use it everyday;it isn't at all greasy(like bio oil) so you can put it on your face and it soaks in right away and makes your skin feel so soft and hydrated. I haven't used it for stretch marks so I can't comment. The packaging is so great too, it comes with a pump which pumps the exact amount you need to cover your face. it's so cheap, smells nice and overall. Id recommend this to anyone!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It's not greasy suitable to use even during summer.

on 2/21/2013 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't like the scent but I love the fact that it lightens my pimple scars. It's not too greasy. I use it every morning after shower and every night before going to bed.

on 8/27/2012 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I think an important thing to keep in mind when using this product is that very few things will actually diminish the appearance of scars, stretch marks and wrinkles. If there were, then we'd all have perfect skin!
...
That said, this product does help with maintaining the condition of my skin and keeping my back acne marks from getting too terrible. I've been using this product every night for a couple of months on my back, as well as my regular Palmer's lotion on the rest of my body. At first I was expecting it to make my scars go away within weeks, but I realized that would be impossible. However, I kept using the product out of habit and recently noticed that my scars have toned down just a little.
...
For an affordable product, it certainly doesn't hurt my skin. This has not caused my back to break out more, even though it is an oil. I do still get breakouts, but my overall skin is decently smooth. I use this after I take a shower in the evening. I don't know how it would work on skin that hasn't been just washed. It's also great for adding a little bit of a glow to your legs.
...
Overall, I like that this product is affordable and gentle. It doesn't work miracles, but it has improved my skin's texture and appearance better than the acne products I was using before. For a few dollars, that's not bad at all!

on 8/3/2011 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For those of you who are considering this for stretch marks--IT WORKS! I have tried all the different Palmer's stretch mark products (the body butter, the lotion, and the oil which specifically say "for stretch marks on them," regular cocoa butter doesn't really work) and they all work well! This one is very easily absorbed so don't worry about feeling greasy, and it has a nice soothing smell. It's very moisturizing, and I have been seeing my stretch marks fade! You do have to apply it regularly. I think it says 2-3 times a day. I did that for a while, and now I just do once a day, which is still working. My stretch marks were on my inner thighs and hips, and they were deep red and purple. They're fading to a light brown, and eventually silvery nude! Mind you, the actual "dent"-like lines will still be there, because the damage has already been done, but the look of them gets a lot better! I would recommend this or any of the other stretch mark products for those looking to fade their stretch marks. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me!

on 5/31/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Iíve always been one of those peopleís that reads a whole of reviews before buying a product but never bothered to leave feedback in return but with this product I just had to.

THIS IS A MIRACLE OIL.

I have only be using it for 3 weeks and already seeing results. I apply the oil 3 times daily without spending too much time rubbing it in because the oil soaks up quiet quick. Its help fade my burn scar from 1 year ago, my stretch marks are starting look less noticeable and my pigmentation spots on my back and stomach are also blending back to its natural colour. I have struggled and letís not forget spent a lot of money trying to rid myself of these 3 issues for quiet sometime and then I stumbled upon this wonder item and have to share it with the world. Not only has it helped me with my issues my skin also looks really radiant and glowing.

Iím not too sure about putting the oil on my face as Iíve always been told to keep oils away and the product could do with better packaging as you start noticing oil marks from where you have put the bottle down but I have to say for $15, you have to give this a go! The smell is not the nicest but they also have the product with rose hip which I will definitely try next time.

I will definitely be back to give an updated :)

Popular Body Skincare Products