Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.1

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

on 5/2/2017 12:18:00 PM

I love Palmers`s body butters, but this oil I`m not crazy about. First off, the scent was really off for me. I know cocoa butter can be a tricky fragrance, but I feel that from all the other brands of cocoa butter body treatments I have tried, Palmer`s is the best. Not with this oil, though. I thought maybe I`d gotten a rancid product that was past its expiration date, but the one I sniffed in Boots was exactly the same. I was hoping to use it often, but it ended up just being my after treatment after waxing my legs. Would not repurchase.

When I started shaving my legs in middle school it was awful. I would get severe razor burn so any lotion I put on my legs burned like crazy . What made it worse was the fact I have pale Irish skin and dark coarse hair on my legs so when I did shave it never looked like it. I hated it but I had to do it so I tried the most mild things I could(stuff made for babies and sensitive skin) and they all burned. Johnson and Johnson 24hr moisturizer was the worst. I felt like my legs were on fire for hours. Baby oil worked but it was gross with the heavy oily feeling. The Johnson and Johnson Cocoa Butter and Shea Creamy baby oil was okay but then I couldn't find it
After using the Flash n Go the hair on my legs improved in texture and rate of growth which helped with the razor burn and the black hair showing from under the surface. Since I was no longer embarrassed to the point I hated them I looked for something that would improve their appearance even more. I decided to try Palmers Skin Therapy Oil on a whim and will never use anything else. I have no burning or yucky feeling(which is a win in of itself). It not only moisturizes really well but I think it has improved the look of my legs even more. It feels so luxurious putting it on and with the pump it is not messy. There is not one negative I can think of. I may even break out some shorts or capris soon(something I have not done for 20 years).

on 6/22/2015 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've tried to jump on the oil bandwagon for a while now but most of the ones I have tried didn't work out for me. Jose Maran Argan Oil clogged my pores and was extremely expensive, the Fresh Seaberry oil gave me a really bazaar rash. My mom who is in her 50s started using this as her moisturizer (she has mature/dry skin). I was slightly hesitant to use it but she told me to give it a go since it's very inexpensive and she loved it herself. I myself have oily/combo skin that is quite sensitive and acne prone. I washed and toned my face like usual and I used a nickel sized amount of my normal moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically different moisturizing gel) and then mixed in one pump of this oil in and rubbed it on my face. I can usually tell right away when my skin dislikes something because I will get itchy and red, after a few minutes I realized that hadn't happened so I went to bed. I loved that it wasn't really greasy or sticky, it didn't leave any residue or stains on my pillow. I woke up the next morning and my skin was SO soft! Softer than usual and just felt plump and had a beautiful glow about it. I continued to use this and around the 2-3 week mark I noticed that a lot of my acne scars and marks had faded about 80%. After about a month of using this product I can say my acne scars have seriously faded, my skin is moisturized and I feel like my skin bounces back from damage a lot easier. When I break out I feel like they heal better and faster. Most of my acne is hormone caused so I didn't expect this to stop my acne and it didn't but it definitely helps the healing process. The smell is also very nice, not too strong. The texture isn't too oily or greasy, it absorbs into the skin very nicely. I haven't been brave enough to use this during the day under my makeup because my skin can be on the oily side but for a night time treat this is ideal! I found my bottle for 5 bucks at Walgreens, far cry from the Josie maran oil which is 96 dollars for half the amount. On top of all that, this oil hasn't clogged my pores or broken me out. No bad reactions whatsoever. I am so happy with this product and pleasantly surprised. This is the only oil that has ever done anything for my skin!

TLDR:
-fast absorbing, non-greasy texture. no residue/stains on pillows or bed sheets.
-great for acne scars, wrickles or dry skin.
-nice smell, not too strong.
-found at walgreens, Walmart, cvs, any drugstore.
-prices vary but usually around the $5-$7 dollar mark.
-also great as a hair treatment!
-no bad reactions and didn't clog my pores.
-great packaging. easy pump bottle.

on 4/8/2015 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

As much as I love most Palmers products, I'm not hugely impressed with their oil formulations. I use this every other day on my body because it's light and absorbs very easily, but I bought specifically for post-shaving thinking it would be more moisturising. I don't find its enough after shaving legs, but it is pleasant to mix with heavier creams (like nivea) for that purpose, and a decent replacement for body lotion post-shower, especially because it sinks into damp skin beautifully. It's smell is light compared to other products in the line. Can also be used on face which I do occasionally for a moisture boost, but better reserve for night because it can leave facial skin a bit greasy and hard to apply makeup over.

on 3/22/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this product! With the Vitamin E cocoa butter formula from Palmer's, those are two of my favourite skin care products. I love them! This one is moisturizing, not oily, smells perfect and is really hydrating. As far as fading strech marks goes, I haven't seen any improvements but I will continue to use it anyway :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I swear by this. It really DOES WORK. You have to be patient and use for more than a month or less for results, every individual is different depending for what you are using it for. Nothing will help over night no matter if they claim to do so, patience is virtue remember. I fell off my bike and had a huge scab on face and afterwards peeled off and left a pink big mark on my left cheek, it was a nightmare having to deal with this can you imagine? One say you have beautiful skin and next you have a scar ? I tried everything and I mean everything from lasers (which is so bad for your skin) to chemical peels and microdermbrasions and recently retinol.. I could never be assertive with anyone or look them in the eye and felt so ugly and like a monster.. It's been a year and the redness went away with time but have mild red discolorations and I have had this palmers skin therapy oil for 3 months and used it once due to me being impatient I decided to give it another go and it's been a week and has tone up my scar! I exfoliate once a week and apply this and does a great job with toning and evening out skin tone and scars (not deep dented ones) I am very satisfied and will continue to use for more results :) if only I have put this on my face a year ago it would have saved me from my night mat and embarrassment. Also I started having pimples that become scars and that's never happened to me but applying this has help majorly fade my acne scars.. You must give a try and not expect results in a week or two maybe for some you might but you must be patient and all the waiting will be pay off! I will keep an update on how my scar is looking a month from now! :D so pleased. Something that works finally.

UPDATE!!!: hey guys, Nicole here again. Well it's been a while but I must say that after a year of using it, my skin is a lottttttt different that 2013. Haha it's 2016 and I have my beautiful skin back after a long journey with products that don't work I am finally happy again and never thought I would be again. I am more confident and keep eye contact with friends and family. :) overall.. exfoliating, and adding moisturizer with any palmers cocoa butter can help.. I think leaving your skin alone in time it will fade drastically than you messing with it. It is painful to go through this phase of scars but taking care of your skin comes first. Drinking lots of water, exfoliation, moisturizing and of course 15 minutes of sun is important even though you might think it can darken it, it is more likely to help than cause more damage. If planning to be in the sun for more than 20 minutes I recommend sun screen. Anyways best of luck to you girls with self esteem issues and going through what I did but remember to be patient and let time do the rest. Be consistent and with moderation, exfoliate twice a week and wash your face every morning and night, always moisturizer with something that's good fort adding scars like cocoa butter and get some 15 min sun. Hope this helps, good luck ;)

on 11/18/2013 6:51:00 AM

Good if used consistently..consistently..consistently..

Feels oily but applies like a dry oil, sinks in nicely and evenly. Not too messy.
I bought mine when it had the useless twist off lid and I see now it's got a pump pack, which is so much more sensible.

Applies nice and light, non greasy feeling and adds a subtle sheen to skin.
Repeated use leaves skin nicely moisturised and balanced.

I have not used this consistently enough to report it's ability to reduce scarring and stretch marks, but I believe most products with some sort of oil base, be it almond oil, vitamin e etc, will help these things with time. It is not a miracle product by any means, at least not IMO.

Good for legs in summer to help lock in fake tan and nice instead of sticky moisturizer in summer. I generally like to let this sink in and dry before I let my skin touch clothes or sheets so I'm not sure if it stains or marks fabric.

Not too bad for the price, it lasts a long time as use only little bit at a time. Might have to pull this out if the drawer and give it some consistent use and see if it helps with stretch marks and scars. I know it does work nicely to boost moisture in the skin generally and feels quite nice to use. I don't like my hands feeling oily, even though it's the dry oil feel, I still need to wash my hands afterwards unless I'm going to bed in which case I just let it sink into my hands, which does make them look nicer I must say.
Packaging is boring, the pump would help but with normal lid is a hassle and tricky as the plastic bottle can tip over with a big opening, it's only plastic so it's not exactly weighted down well. The pump would help and probably would get me using it more often..though I doubt illl repurchse, I will probably just use sweet almond oil instead.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Mmmmmmm, Mmmmmm! Smells like yummy chocolate, moisturizes moderately and sinks in by the time you are ready to get dressed (if you don't overdo it). I would say it is a lighter oil, not a thick,sticky or overly greasy one. Perfect for warmer weather and it smells heavenly. Warm, sweet chocolate that stays close to the skin and does not linger for long - once the scent disappears there is no "off" oil smell that I have experienced with some other oils. Great before bed -but it can make you crave marshmallows!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I had this sitting around having bought it to see if it would decrease a pretty noticeable scar between my brows since childhood. It did not so I put it away. I used it again out of desperation, but this time on my face. It has been like a miracle cure for some mild scarring on my chin area....from overly enthusiastic micro dermabrasion.. Nothing and I mean nothing had had any affect on that area and I do not skimp on skin care. If only I had found this earlier...like years earlier. The packaging is nothing special, but there is nothing like it anywhere. The ingredients do not look unusual, but this oil is the best. Use a little for results. Even if over applied it will soak in. This is my moisturizer from now on. In the morning I use sunscreen and this oil. In the evening I use an AHA product and this oil. My skin looks great, finally.

Palmer's created a winning formulation of light oils, vitamin E, rose seed, and two benign penetration enhancers. Great for scars and stretchmarks, I am using it on my c-section scar and it feels more supple and less ropey with only a few days use.
The packaging could be greatly improved however. I like the way Weleda handles their oils with a dark glass dropper and a sturdy cap. I'm sure the packaging would add to the price, which is moderate considering the amount of sesame oil and E.
The fragrance is another issue. Knowing how light and natural the fragrances of these ingredients are, it baffles me why they are trying to cover then up with a cheap, artificial baby powder scent such as this.
Nonetheless, I have enjoyed the improvements in my skin that this oil has helped me achieve. I use a few drops over damp skin when exiting the shower. I add to EVOO and massage into my face then remove with a steamy hot towel. It is wonderful!!
More than likely, next time I will purchase plain sesame oil, vitamin E oil, cocoa butter, rose hip oil, and some isopropyl myristate to make my own scent-free version and I will omit the dimethicone, canola and the fragrance. If I don't have the time then I will purchase this again.
Edit: I took off stars because I feel there are just too many additives and not enough cocoa butter in this formulation. Not buying again.

Popular Body Skincare Products