Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.7

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

I love this oil. I brought it for about $12, which is pretty cheap for a facial oil. At first I didn't really like it compared to a rose hip oil I had been using. I've now run out of that so I thought i would give this a go. I've been using it for about 5 days, I put it on with the moisturizer in the morning and with my night cream at night and tonight I loved my face! My scarring and redness is looking a lot better, my skin is super soft and it looks so glowy and healthy. I absolutely love it. I don't like the smell so much but I really am enjoying this so far.

on 2/22/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My mom first showed me this oil, and it's a lifesaver. Literally. I'll explain. It's great for healing hyperpigmentation, scars, calluses, etc. It's safe to use on open wounds. It's a miracle for damaged skin- scar tissue, calluses, hyperpigmentation. It breaks up scar tissue like nothing else ever has for me. And I have dermatillomania, so I have some serious scar tissue- everywhere from my cheeks to my ankles to my back. My scar tissue is deep under the surface and broken up, so even dermatologists say there's not much hope in it going away completely. And it hasn't, but using this oil anywhere on my body where there are marks left from picking. I use it once a day, or every other day since I'm not perfect, for a couple weeks to a month and the scars fade significantly. I find the best result when I use this during or after a hot shower. It's not great if you have acne prone skin- after all, you're literally slathering your skin in oil. When I use it on acne-prone areas I usually break out. But it's worth it to speed up healing. That's what this is the best at. I use other products for daily moisturizing. My go-to routine of aloe+hydrocortisone cream+blister bandages is best for closing open wounds, blisters, and lesions caused by my derma. But I've always struggled with not reopening the remaining mark. I'm way more likely to get an infection when I reopen an existing lesion rather than causing a new one. In the past, I've gotten bloodstream staph infections twice, a topical antibiotic-resistant MRSA infection once, and countless other, less dangerous infections that required doctors visits, urgent care, antibiotics, steroids, lancing, excision, etc. But I haven't gotten an infection requiring a doctor's visit in almost two years. If anything my derma has worsened in that time, but this oil keeps me safe. So that's why I love Palmer's. I'm also prone to nummular eczema, and this oil is a great preventative tool for my eczema, which is triggered by dry skin. Whenever I have a particularly rough, tight, scaly patch of skin, I put this on the area twice a day (along with using vaseline/aquaphor on the area throughout the day to protect it from dehydration) until it's smooth again. Usually takes 3-4 days, at most a week. My only complaint is the smell. It's not bad, but the fragrance is too strong for me. I've gotten used to it, but it's definitely an acquired smell. Palmers is THE BEST oil out there for damaged skin because it works fast, can be used on open wound (like blisters, raw skin under a scab, or a popped pimple), and it never leaves you feeling greasy- it absorbs into your skin right away instead of sitting on the top.

on 11/19/2016 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely final step for dry skin. It seals in your moisturizer & is silky without being too oil. This is in large part due to the isopropyl myristate, which is fluid & not oily and also causes blackheads fairly easily. I use a clarisonic in the morning & both AHAs & BHAs twice daily, so I don't have an issue with that, but I wish they would simply leave it completely out. Even if it made the blend oilier, I wouldn't mind since it's a advanced blend of antioxidants in a nice base.

on 5/19/2016 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

WOW is all I can say... I have been using expensive cosmetics for years, because of my sensitive skin. I bought this for my husband because he has psoriasis and this add to his lotions helps heal his red irritated break outs.
I had run out of my moisturizer, so I dampened my hands and put one pump of this skin therapy oil in my palm, rub my hands together and applied to my face...just can't believe I had never tried this before. This is all I use now. I use the bath oil after showers and skin therapy oil doing the day. I apply it to my face at night after I wash my face. The difference in my skin is unbelievable.My skin feels like it did when I was in my 20's...I would recommend this to everyone who wants soft glowing skin...

on 5/29/2015 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

So far I'm really happy with this product, I use it on my face, even around my eyes which are prone to getting very dry with fine lines. It absorbs quickly which is great. If I am wearing either primer or foundation that's for dry skin however (I use Maybelline's dream touch fluid foundation) it can leave me feeling a little greasy at the end of putting all my makeup on but usually a setting powder takes away that feeling and leaves my makeup looking smooth.
It's been great at leaving my typically dry spots feeling wonderful and smooth, and does not cause me to instantaneously break out like other moisturisers tend to. I pair it with Palmers daily facial lotion if I need an instant moisture boost during the winter periods.

on 1/18/2015 9:43:00 PM

Love this stuff. I get bumpy / dry upper arm skin and I use this before bed. have the one with a pump and it is waaaaay better with a pump than with the other dispenser which is too messy. I buy this again and again and again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product! Smells nice, smooth feeling, doesn't feel thick on the skin. Only con is that it doesn't absorb as quickly as the reviews said it did..but overall great product!

on 8/27/2013 11:15:00 AM

I bought this a week ago after a friend from work told me she had been using it and it had worked wonders on her. I have tried so many different products, some prescribed by doctors, others just over the counter at my local drugstore and I've even ordered products online to get rid of my acne scars and red marks. None of them have worked quite as fast as this one. It's been 6 days of using this two times a day and my skin has smoothed out and the red marks are already fading! I have combination skin and my skin is no longer flaky and not as dry/oily it's evened out so much! I would highly highly recommend this product it's super affordable only like 5 dollars at Shoppers and it's a pump bottle so you can dispense the right amount each time.

on 11/9/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so they updated the packaging of this product and it now has a pump! WONDERFUL.
I bought this on 11/3/2012 and today is 11/9/2012.

Over the summer I started noticing pinkish purple lines (stretch marks) forming on my inner thighs. I was so sad and didn't go swimming all summer because I was embarrassed of the marks and didn't want to bare it all in a swim suit.

When I saw this product - i kinda stumbled upon it while I was looking for sweet almond oil to use on my hair. I think I paid about $9 dollars for it at wal-mart, and thought i'd give it a try because it claims to improve the appearance of: scars, stretch marks, dry damaged skin, uneven skin tone and aging skin. (Which I have all the above.) I have hyper-pigmentation on my face from popping pimples, a few scars here and there, the lines that appeared on my legs, and so on.
For the price I paid ($9) I was not expecting much from this product. I used it 3 times a day for 7 days (since the very first day I bought it.) and I looked down at my inner thighs today while sitting indian style, and WOW - my stretch marks were close to GONE. They were merely just 2 or 3 pink marks, (looked like i had an itch and lightly scratched it.) I also noticed that the scar on my wrist was SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. And only after using this for 7 days. I plan on using up the entire bottle. And to think I listened to people who said "nothing gets rid of stretch marks" and making me think my body was ruined. This stuff gave me my life back!

- and as for the hyper-pigmentation i had on my face - its significantly reduced as well. I have switched from high-coverage foundation to tinted moisturizer. My skin has never looked so good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this oil! I must confess that I just bought it to use as a body oil, i.e. to moisturise so I can't comment on its ability to reduce scars or stretch-marks etc. My favourite thing about it is that it's so light. It sinks in within minutes leaving my skin oh so soft without any oily residue. I have tried numerous brands of body oil; Weleda, Neal's Yard, Burt's Bees and Nuxe to name a few and all of them have left a greasy sheen on the skin. I don't like the overpowering, fake cocoa fragrance that Palmer's puts in all of its products but I was pleasantly suprised because it isn't as strong in this oil. The packaging is also pretty flimsy (I wouldn't trust it not to leak) and unattractive but I have solved both of those by decanting it into a pretty spray bottle. For the price, I can't complain as it's half the price of many of the body oils that I have tried. I will definitely repurchase.

Popular Body Skincare Products