Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.4

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

on 2/22/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My mom first showed me this oil, and it's a lifesaver. Literally. I'll explain. It's great for healing hyperpigmentation, scars, calluses, etc. It's safe to use on open wounds. It's a miracle for damaged skin- scar tissue, calluses, hyperpigmentation. It breaks up scar tissue like nothing else ever has for me. And I have dermatillomania, so I have some serious scar tissue- everywhere from my cheeks to my ankles to my back. My scar tissue is deep under the surface and broken up, so even dermatologists say there's not much hope in it going away completely. And it hasn't, but using this oil anywhere on my body where there are marks left from picking. I use it once a day, or every other day since I'm not perfect, for a couple weeks to a month and the scars fade significantly. I find the best result when I use this during or after a hot shower. It's not great if you have acne prone skin- after all, you're literally slathering your skin in oil. When I use it on acne-prone areas I usually break out. But it's worth it to speed up healing. That's what this is the best at. I use other products for daily moisturizing. My go-to routine of aloe+hydrocortisone cream+blister bandages is best for closing open wounds, blisters, and lesions caused by my derma. But I've always struggled with not reopening the remaining mark. I'm way more likely to get an infection when I reopen an existing lesion rather than causing a new one. In the past, I've gotten bloodstream staph infections twice, a topical antibiotic-resistant MRSA infection once, and countless other, less dangerous infections that required doctors visits, urgent care, antibiotics, steroids, lancing, excision, etc. But I haven't gotten an infection requiring a doctor's visit in almost two years. If anything my derma has worsened in that time, but this oil keeps me safe. So that's why I love Palmer's. I'm also prone to nummular eczema, and this oil is a great preventative tool for my eczema, which is triggered by dry skin. Whenever I have a particularly rough, tight, scaly patch of skin, I put this on the area twice a day (along with using vaseline/aquaphor on the area throughout the day to protect it from dehydration) until it's smooth again. Usually takes 3-4 days, at most a week. My only complaint is the smell. It's not bad, but the fragrance is too strong for me. I've gotten used to it, but it's definitely an acquired smell. Palmers is THE BEST oil out there for damaged skin because it works fast, can be used on open wound (like blisters, raw skin under a scab, or a popped pimple), and it never leaves you feeling greasy- it absorbs into your skin right away instead of sitting on the top.

on 12/22/2016 5:28:00 PM

This stuff is just great! I use this on my face several times per week at bedtime, after I've removed my make-up and cleansed my face. This oil is absorbed quite fast, which I like. It doesn't make skin an oily mess. It doesn't cause breakouts. I think it does make my skin look plumper in the morning. All in all a great affordable product and much better than more expensive counterparts I have tested. It's perfect for the Winter months when skin is gets drier than usual. I like the packaging too, quite hygienic.

The one con is the smell. It smells a lot of cocoa butter which I don't really like. But all the benefits outweigh this minor flaw. I will be repurchasing!

on 4/8/2015 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

As much as I love most Palmers products, I'm not hugely impressed with their oil formulations. I use this every other day on my body because it's light and absorbs very easily, but I bought specifically for post-shaving thinking it would be more moisturising. I don't find its enough after shaving legs, but it is pleasant to mix with heavier creams (like nivea) for that purpose, and a decent replacement for body lotion post-shower, especially because it sinks into damp skin beautifully. It's smell is light compared to other products in the line. Can also be used on face which I do occasionally for a moisture boost, but better reserve for night because it can leave facial skin a bit greasy and hard to apply makeup over.

on 12/10/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this before bed time on a clean face and damp skin while massaging it all over face and neck it works amazing, once it dries off I use night cream over it. Skin looks amazing and glows next day

on 11/18/2014 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Very good moisturizer; locks moisture in if used while skin is damp. It has a light cocoa butter fragrance which I tend to enjoy. I also mix it with body creams/lotions and massage into skin. I found at Ulta for Buy 1, Get 1 50% off. BTW a little goes a long way so def worth the money. The oil absorbs rather quickly on my dryness-prone skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

It was okay but I probably won't buy again. I do not like greasy products and this does not soak into my skin as quickly as I would like.
I did see some improvement after 6 months of use.
So not sure if they are fading on their own or if this is truly working?
I am almost done with my last bottle but who knows when I will actually finish it because I rather not apply this to my skin because I do not like how it feels or it getting on my clothes.
It did leave stains on my light colored night shirts

on 2/1/2014 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this body oil. It has a dry oil feel and a delicious warm sweet smell. I'm actually surprised I like the smell so much as I'm not usually keen on anything 'foody' I don't really like he smell of the traditional cocoa butter lotion but just love this. I find it super easy to use, my bottle has a pump. It spreads and soaks in super quickly and I can pull on my skinny jeans almost immediately. Now whether it reduces the appearance of stretch marks and scars is up for debate. My skin certainly looks better and more toned once I've applied this but that is more to do with the sheen catching the light and the fact that my dehydrated skin is nicely moisturised. I find this hydration lasts longer with this oil than most creams and lotions.

on 6/15/2013 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This stuff is amazing. I had an allergic reaction (contact dermatitis) and my neck broke out into a dry, itchy, red rash. It was so bad that not even makeup would cover it up. After two days of using this product my neck no longer itches and the skin is nearly back to normal. I've been using this product off and on for over three years. It is most definitely a staple. It smooths my skin's texture and fades my hyper pigmentation (my biggest issue) for a more even complexion. I am assuming it would be great for smoothing fine lines but I can't say as didn't have them prior to using this product. I use it mainly on my face and on my legs. I love that it's not greasy and absorbs quickly.

I bought this for $14 at my local BSS, but for the quality of product and the amount you get, I feel that is a very reasonable price. The packaging is great in that it's now available in a pump bottle. This product is definitely a must-have.

on 8/1/2012 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS and how it feels on the skin. Definitely tones down the color of my scars....hoping that it will all disappear soon however. Not too greasily or oily and moisturizes your skin. The only downside is that it leaks and the bottle will be oily after use. Take note when traveling.

on 12/6/2011 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this oil! I use it on my face twice a day right before I apply my moisturizer and it leaves my face so soft and hydrated. I have super dry skin especially now that its winter and this really helps! I would def recommend.

Popular Body Skincare Products