Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.5

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

on 12/22/2016 5:28:00 PM

This stuff is just great! I use this on my face several times per week at bedtime, after I've removed my make-up and cleansed my face. This oil is absorbed quite fast, which I like. It doesn't make skin an oily mess. It doesn't cause breakouts. I think it does make my skin look plumper in the morning. All in all a great affordable product and much better than more expensive counterparts I have tested. It's perfect for the Winter months when skin is gets drier than usual. I like the packaging too, quite hygienic.

The one con is the smell. It smells a lot of cocoa butter which I don't really like. But all the benefits outweigh this minor flaw. I will be repurchasing!

on 11/19/2016 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely final step for dry skin. It seals in your moisturizer & is silky without being too oil. This is in large part due to the isopropyl myristate, which is fluid & not oily and also causes blackheads fairly easily. I use a clarisonic in the morning & both AHAs & BHAs twice daily, so I don't have an issue with that, but I wish they would simply leave it completely out. Even if it made the blend oilier, I wouldn't mind since it's a advanced blend of antioxidants in a nice base.

on 5/19/2016 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

WOW is all I can say... I have been using expensive cosmetics for years, because of my sensitive skin. I bought this for my husband because he has psoriasis and this add to his lotions helps heal his red irritated break outs.
I had run out of my moisturizer, so I dampened my hands and put one pump of this skin therapy oil in my palm, rub my hands together and applied to my face...just can't believe I had never tried this before. This is all I use now. I use the bath oil after showers and skin therapy oil doing the day. I apply it to my face at night after I wash my face. The difference in my skin is unbelievable.My skin feels like it did when I was in my 20's...I would recommend this to everyone who wants soft glowing skin...

on 11/18/2014 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Very good moisturizer; locks moisture in if used while skin is damp. It has a light cocoa butter fragrance which I tend to enjoy. I also mix it with body creams/lotions and massage into skin. I found at Ulta for Buy 1, Get 1 50% off. BTW a little goes a long way so def worth the money. The oil absorbs rather quickly on my dryness-prone skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

It was okay but I probably won't buy again. I do not like greasy products and this does not soak into my skin as quickly as I would like.
I did see some improvement after 6 months of use.
So not sure if they are fading on their own or if this is truly working?
I am almost done with my last bottle but who knows when I will actually finish it because I rather not apply this to my skin because I do not like how it feels or it getting on my clothes.
It did leave stains on my light colored night shirts

on 2/1/2014 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this body oil. It has a dry oil feel and a delicious warm sweet smell. I'm actually surprised I like the smell so much as I'm not usually keen on anything 'foody' I don't really like he smell of the traditional cocoa butter lotion but just love this. I find it super easy to use, my bottle has a pump. It spreads and soaks in super quickly and I can pull on my skinny jeans almost immediately. Now whether it reduces the appearance of stretch marks and scars is up for debate. My skin certainly looks better and more toned once I've applied this but that is more to do with the sheen catching the light and the fact that my dehydrated skin is nicely moisturised. I find this hydration lasts longer with this oil than most creams and lotions.

on 8/27/2013 11:15:00 AM

I bought this a week ago after a friend from work told me she had been using it and it had worked wonders on her. I have tried so many different products, some prescribed by doctors, others just over the counter at my local drugstore and I've even ordered products online to get rid of my acne scars and red marks. None of them have worked quite as fast as this one. It's been 6 days of using this two times a day and my skin has smoothed out and the red marks are already fading! I have combination skin and my skin is no longer flaky and not as dry/oily it's evened out so much! I would highly highly recommend this product it's super affordable only like 5 dollars at Shoppers and it's a pump bottle so you can dispense the right amount each time.

on 4/15/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this product! It smells great, it's moisturizing without being greasy, I use it all over after getting out of the pool (I teach swim lessons) and my skin is finally looking and feeling healthy again. I've tried Eucerine and Aquaphor, but they're greasy and heavy and it seems to take forever for them to soak in. With Palmers Skin Therapy Oil, it soaks in nice and quick, feels light on my skin, and isn't greasy at all!

I also love the fact that after only using for about two weeks (only once or twice a day, not three times like the directions recommend) that some of my stretch marks are disappearing! I only had a few somewhat "fresh" stretch marks. When I first started losing weight at the beginning of the year, they started to fade, but were still there, nice and pink. With Palmers, they've gone from pink to just barely pinker than my skin tone, and are smaller.

Keep in mind, this oil will not help old stretch marks go away. The marks need to still be pinkish for it to help, if they're white the oil won't do anything except make your skin super soft (which is totally okay!)

I also use this on my face after many failed attempts with facial moisturizers. This is the only product that has helped balance out my skin and improve my skin tone, to the point where I feel comfortable not wearing make up. This is a MUST TRY product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Mmmmmmm, Mmmmmm! Smells like yummy chocolate, moisturizes moderately and sinks in by the time you are ready to get dressed (if you don't overdo it). I would say it is a lighter oil, not a thick,sticky or overly greasy one. Perfect for warmer weather and it smells heavenly. Warm, sweet chocolate that stays close to the skin and does not linger for long - once the scent disappears there is no "off" oil smell that I have experienced with some other oils. Great before bed -but it can make you crave marshmallows!

on 3/8/2012 1:18:00 PM

I use this on my face most mornings with rosehip oil under my moisturizer. I also combine it with a body moisturizer after each shower and use it all over!

I use a variety of oils, creams, serums, etc. I can't say for sure which one works best over another but I like how this makes my skin feel. You know how nutritionists tell us to eat a variety of foods every day, such as an apple one day and strawberries the next because your body needs variety? I think it makes sense to do the same for our skin. So I use this oil but not everyday (I also use essential oils with jojoba and grape seed oil, Algenist serum, Boots serum, carrot seed oil, and as mentioned, rosehip oil).

I noticed some people here complain it isn't a miracle oil for stretch marks. I just wanted to point out that only a dermatologist can give you fast results and even then fast is sometimes a period of 6 months to a year before you see the improvement you want (depending on severity). That being said, be patient and realize this will help prevent further damage and it will take time to heal.

Popular Body Skincare Products