Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

3.9

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Been using this as a body oil for 3 months now and I’m amazed by the results. I stopped using lotions/creams years ago because they always left a residue and never felt comfortable on my skin no matter how light it was advertised as. I usually use almond oil on my body but I thought I’d give this a try since I have some scarring on my arms (had a nasty breakout after waxing) and I also have stretch marks on my tummy from having two kids. Since using this, my skin feels amazingly smooth and soft. I apply it when my skin is slightly damp after a shower and it absorbs right away, no greasy or sticky residue AT ALL but my skin is so moisturized. There’s been a subtle glow to my skin ever since using this and will be using this unless I come across any issues. The only thing I don’t like is the funky odor of the cocoa butter. It dissipates after 30 min or so but I understand it’s made out of cocoa butter. Something I can deal with

on 1/13/2016 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I tried to follow the trend to include an oil into my skincare routine as I have dry skin. I got this oil in 60ml pump bottle and put in onto my face for 2 days after washing face and afterwards following with cream. I was so devastated of my face when I woke up in the morning and feel a cluster of bumps on my cheek and the other cheek having a bump as well, which are red, super itchy and resemble mosquito bites.
I definitely don't recommend putting it on the face from my experience... Hope I recover soon.

on 6/22/2015 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've tried to jump on the oil bandwagon for a while now but most of the ones I have tried didn't work out for me. Jose Maran Argan Oil clogged my pores and was extremely expensive, the Fresh Seaberry oil gave me a really bazaar rash. My mom who is in her 50s started using this as her moisturizer (she has mature/dry skin). I was slightly hesitant to use it but she told me to give it a go since it's very inexpensive and she loved it herself. I myself have oily/combo skin that is quite sensitive and acne prone. I washed and toned my face like usual and I used a nickel sized amount of my normal moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically different moisturizing gel) and then mixed in one pump of this oil in and rubbed it on my face. I can usually tell right away when my skin dislikes something because I will get itchy and red, after a few minutes I realized that hadn't happened so I went to bed. I loved that it wasn't really greasy or sticky, it didn't leave any residue or stains on my pillow. I woke up the next morning and my skin was SO soft! Softer than usual and just felt plump and had a beautiful glow about it. I continued to use this and around the 2-3 week mark I noticed that a lot of my acne scars and marks had faded about 80%. After about a month of using this product I can say my acne scars have seriously faded, my skin is moisturized and I feel like my skin bounces back from damage a lot easier. When I break out I feel like they heal better and faster. Most of my acne is hormone caused so I didn't expect this to stop my acne and it didn't but it definitely helps the healing process. The smell is also very nice, not too strong. The texture isn't too oily or greasy, it absorbs into the skin very nicely. I haven't been brave enough to use this during the day under my makeup because my skin can be on the oily side but for a night time treat this is ideal! I found my bottle for 5 bucks at Walgreens, far cry from the Josie maran oil which is 96 dollars for half the amount. On top of all that, this oil hasn't clogged my pores or broken me out. No bad reactions whatsoever. I am so happy with this product and pleasantly surprised. This is the only oil that has ever done anything for my skin!

TLDR:
-fast absorbing, non-greasy texture. no residue/stains on pillows or bed sheets.
-great for acne scars, wrickles or dry skin.
-nice smell, not too strong.
-found at walgreens, Walmart, cvs, any drugstore.
-prices vary but usually around the $5-$7 dollar mark.
-also great as a hair treatment!
-no bad reactions and didn't clog my pores.
-great packaging. easy pump bottle.

on 5/29/2015 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

So far I'm really happy with this product, I use it on my face, even around my eyes which are prone to getting very dry with fine lines. It absorbs quickly which is great. If I am wearing either primer or foundation that's for dry skin however (I use Maybelline's dream touch fluid foundation) it can leave me feeling a little greasy at the end of putting all my makeup on but usually a setting powder takes away that feeling and leaves my makeup looking smooth.
It's been great at leaving my typically dry spots feeling wonderful and smooth, and does not cause me to instantaneously break out like other moisturisers tend to. I pair it with Palmers daily facial lotion if I need an instant moisture boost during the winter periods.

on 4/8/2015 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

As much as I love most Palmers products, I'm not hugely impressed with their oil formulations. I use this every other day on my body because it's light and absorbs very easily, but I bought specifically for post-shaving thinking it would be more moisturising. I don't find its enough after shaving legs, but it is pleasant to mix with heavier creams (like nivea) for that purpose, and a decent replacement for body lotion post-shower, especially because it sinks into damp skin beautifully. It's smell is light compared to other products in the line. Can also be used on face which I do occasionally for a moisture boost, but better reserve for night because it can leave facial skin a bit greasy and hard to apply makeup over.

on 3/22/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this product! With the Vitamin E cocoa butter formula from Palmer's, those are two of my favourite skin care products. I love them! This one is moisturizing, not oily, smells perfect and is really hydrating. As far as fading strech marks goes, I haven't seen any improvements but I will continue to use it anyway :)

on 7/2/2014 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I really like this oil! I have tan skin that marks extremely easily so I replaced my facial moisturizer with this about a month (?) ago....I like it because it helps get rid of post acne marks. It does get greasy if you use a lot though. Also: the first week of using this instead of my moisturizer my skin got really flaky but it went back to normal. As of now definitely an HG product!

on 8/27/2012 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I think an important thing to keep in mind when using this product is that very few things will actually diminish the appearance of scars, stretch marks and wrinkles. If there were, then we'd all have perfect skin!
...
That said, this product does help with maintaining the condition of my skin and keeping my back acne marks from getting too terrible. I've been using this product every night for a couple of months on my back, as well as my regular Palmer's lotion on the rest of my body. At first I was expecting it to make my scars go away within weeks, but I realized that would be impossible. However, I kept using the product out of habit and recently noticed that my scars have toned down just a little.
...
For an affordable product, it certainly doesn't hurt my skin. This has not caused my back to break out more, even though it is an oil. I do still get breakouts, but my overall skin is decently smooth. I use this after I take a shower in the evening. I don't know how it would work on skin that hasn't been just washed. It's also great for adding a little bit of a glow to your legs.
...
Overall, I like that this product is affordable and gentle. It doesn't work miracles, but it has improved my skin's texture and appearance better than the acne products I was using before. For a few dollars, that's not bad at all!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I had this sitting around having bought it to see if it would decrease a pretty noticeable scar between my brows since childhood. It did not so I put it away. I used it again out of desperation, but this time on my face. It has been like a miracle cure for some mild scarring on my chin area....from overly enthusiastic micro dermabrasion.. Nothing and I mean nothing had had any affect on that area and I do not skimp on skin care. If only I had found this earlier...like years earlier. The packaging is nothing special, but there is nothing like it anywhere. The ingredients do not look unusual, but this oil is the best. Use a little for results. Even if over applied it will soak in. This is my moisturizer from now on. In the morning I use sunscreen and this oil. In the evening I use an AHA product and this oil. My skin looks great, finally.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is an amazing little product. It has a better price tag than bio-oil and not as heavy feeling.

It works great on my face and body. I use it all the time and gives my skin a long soft feel. It even work well on my combination skin on my face without making it very oily or clog pores.

Even though it's small, it can last for a long while. Definite must have!

Popular Body Skincare Products