Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Filtered by hair type : Other
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

3.6

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

on 4/18/2016 11:56:00 PM

I tried the new paraben-free/"good stuff inside" oil and strangely, it dried my skin. I even layered it with my usual lotion but the result was awful. I also don't like Palmer's heavy fragrance. It smells/feels like a layer of cloying grease. And again, parched nasty skin.
Can't recommend. Nope.

on 12/9/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This oil is the best! I started using it about a month ago and I still have loads left considering I use it everyday;it isn't at all greasy(like bio oil) so you can put it on your face and it soaks in right away and makes your skin feel so soft and hydrated. I haven't used it for stretch marks so I can't comment. The packaging is so great too, it comes with a pump which pumps the exact amount you need to cover your face. it's so cheap, smells nice and overall. Id recommend this to anyone!

on 11/9/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so they updated the packaging of this product and it now has a pump! WONDERFUL.
I bought this on 11/3/2012 and today is 11/9/2012.

Over the summer I started noticing pinkish purple lines (stretch marks) forming on my inner thighs. I was so sad and didn't go swimming all summer because I was embarrassed of the marks and didn't want to bare it all in a swim suit.

When I saw this product - i kinda stumbled upon it while I was looking for sweet almond oil to use on my hair. I think I paid about $9 dollars for it at wal-mart, and thought i'd give it a try because it claims to improve the appearance of: scars, stretch marks, dry damaged skin, uneven skin tone and aging skin. (Which I have all the above.) I have hyper-pigmentation on my face from popping pimples, a few scars here and there, the lines that appeared on my legs, and so on.
For the price I paid ($9) I was not expecting much from this product. I used it 3 times a day for 7 days (since the very first day I bought it.) and I looked down at my inner thighs today while sitting indian style, and WOW - my stretch marks were close to GONE. They were merely just 2 or 3 pink marks, (looked like i had an itch and lightly scratched it.) I also noticed that the scar on my wrist was SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. And only after using this for 7 days. I plan on using up the entire bottle. And to think I listened to people who said "nothing gets rid of stretch marks" and making me think my body was ruined. This stuff gave me my life back!

- and as for the hyper-pigmentation i had on my face - its significantly reduced as well. I have switched from high-coverage foundation to tinted moisturizer. My skin has never looked so good.

Palmer's created a winning formulation of light oils, vitamin E, rose seed, and two benign penetration enhancers. Great for scars and stretchmarks, I am using it on my c-section scar and it feels more supple and less ropey with only a few days use.
The packaging could be greatly improved however. I like the way Weleda handles their oils with a dark glass dropper and a sturdy cap. I'm sure the packaging would add to the price, which is moderate considering the amount of sesame oil and E.
The fragrance is another issue. Knowing how light and natural the fragrances of these ingredients are, it baffles me why they are trying to cover then up with a cheap, artificial baby powder scent such as this.
Nonetheless, I have enjoyed the improvements in my skin that this oil has helped me achieve. I use a few drops over damp skin when exiting the shower. I add to EVOO and massage into my face then remove with a steamy hot towel. It is wonderful!!
More than likely, next time I will purchase plain sesame oil, vitamin E oil, cocoa butter, rose hip oil, and some isopropyl myristate to make my own scent-free version and I will omit the dimethicone, canola and the fragrance. If I don't have the time then I will purchase this again.
Edit: I took off stars because I feel there are just too many additives and not enough cocoa butter in this formulation. Not buying again.

on 11/16/2010 4:19:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

Originally bought this oil for my old acne scars, but ended up using it for my whole body.
I love the smell and how moisturizing it is. It has worked to soften my skin, as well as even out the tone. Works great on stretch marks also!

Sometimes I pour a little bit into my bath with Epsom salt.
So relaxing...

on 8/9/2010 10:55:00 PM

My version has Vitamin E in it.

Its a nice oil but, like all oils, it leaves a greasy residue which can come off on clothes and what not -You really need to wait for this to absorb.

pleasant coco smell, that is not overpowering.

I use this infrequently as I'm very patient, but when I do my skin does feel better (less itchy, softer, less dry).

I've tried this oil in the bathtub and like it.

I would buy again. I feel this is good to have around.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I received a sample of this today and tried it and i love it!

Its absorbs into my skin very quickly and my skin feels so smooth... I'll be getting from the store soon, can't wait... and i'll be adding to this review thereafter.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a great oil. It can be absorbed very easily, and is very fine and watery for oil. What I hate though is the dreadful cookie-ish smell. I feel like i have not washed my hands after eating. And yes, the bottle is horrible. You can't avoid making a mess everytime you use it. Great product, better presentation needed.

Popular Body Skincare Products