Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.2

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

on 5/17/2018 11:58:00 AM

I was using bio oil to relieve itch on my body but this was cheaper. I tried both the rose hip and cocoa version and love both. They absorb into the skin, relieve itch, light and smell so nice especially the cocoa one. Cheap and good packaging. Mineral oil like baby oils don’t work well for me, but for some strange reason this did not cause itch for me. I tried it on the face and it is too rich and causes acne. Strictly on the body for me .

I love this oil. I brought it for about $12, which is pretty cheap for a facial oil. At first I didn't really like it compared to a rose hip oil I had been using. I've now run out of that so I thought i would give this a go. I've been using it for about 5 days, I put it on with the moisturizer in the morning and with my night cream at night and tonight I loved my face! My scarring and redness is looking a lot better, my skin is super soft and it looks so glowy and healthy. I absolutely love it. I don't like the smell so much but I really am enjoying this so far.

on 2/22/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My mom first showed me this oil, and it's a lifesaver. Literally. I'll explain. It's great for healing hyperpigmentation, scars, calluses, etc. It's safe to use on open wounds. It's a miracle for damaged skin- scar tissue, calluses, hyperpigmentation. It breaks up scar tissue like nothing else ever has for me. And I have dermatillomania, so I have some serious scar tissue- everywhere from my cheeks to my ankles to my back. My scar tissue is deep under the surface and broken up, so even dermatologists say there's not much hope in it going away completely. And it hasn't, but using this oil anywhere on my body where there are marks left from picking. I use it once a day, or every other day since I'm not perfect, for a couple weeks to a month and the scars fade significantly. I find the best result when I use this during or after a hot shower. It's not great if you have acne prone skin- after all, you're literally slathering your skin in oil. When I use it on acne-prone areas I usually break out. But it's worth it to speed up healing. That's what this is the best at. I use other products for daily moisturizing. My go-to routine of aloe+hydrocortisone cream+blister bandages is best for closing open wounds, blisters, and lesions caused by my derma. But I've always struggled with not reopening the remaining mark. I'm way more likely to get an infection when I reopen an existing lesion rather than causing a new one. In the past, I've gotten bloodstream staph infections twice, a topical antibiotic-resistant MRSA infection once, and countless other, less dangerous infections that required doctors visits, urgent care, antibiotics, steroids, lancing, excision, etc. But I haven't gotten an infection requiring a doctor's visit in almost two years. If anything my derma has worsened in that time, but this oil keeps me safe. So that's why I love Palmer's. I'm also prone to nummular eczema, and this oil is a great preventative tool for my eczema, which is triggered by dry skin. Whenever I have a particularly rough, tight, scaly patch of skin, I put this on the area twice a day (along with using vaseline/aquaphor on the area throughout the day to protect it from dehydration) until it's smooth again. Usually takes 3-4 days, at most a week. My only complaint is the smell. It's not bad, but the fragrance is too strong for me. I've gotten used to it, but it's definitely an acquired smell. Palmers is THE BEST oil out there for damaged skin because it works fast, can be used on open wound (like blisters, raw skin under a scab, or a popped pimple), and it never leaves you feeling greasy- it absorbs into your skin right away instead of sitting on the top.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for 4 days only but the results are amazing. By the second day of using it, my bumpy face became smooth and supple. I'm just hoping that it'll get rid of my post acne marks.

UPDATE: After 2 weeks of using this i noticed that I've been getting closed comedones on my cheeks. Since then I've stopped using it.

on 5/15/2017 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Today's mark one month I've using this therapy oil. My skin is acne prone type, at first I was afraid to give it a try since it was oil based but if you never try you'll never know and yeah it was doing good to my skin texture. It started when I'm running out of moisturiser and my previous moisturiser was pricey so I'm giving this a try. Honestly I'm loving this cause it makes my skin feeling softer. It also help repairing my skin and makes my makeup looks flawlessly. I don't have any problem with the scent and the packaging since it using a dispenser pump so I could control how much pump I would want. Plus, it wasn't greasy when I put this on my face unlike Bio Oil. I woke up feeling fresh and moisture. But I haven't seen this giving me a great result on my post acne marks. I'm hoping it will give in another months. Overall, if you not suffer from any problematic skin, definitely recommended this to you!!!

on 5/14/2017 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I had really high hopes for this as it said that it gets rid of scars & uneven skin tone, which was what I was after. I absolutely hated the scent, but I thought that if this really works the smell could be bearable. I've only used it three times and I noticed that I have a few bumps forming on my skin :( After working so hard to make my face clear over the past few months only to see new pimples really upset me. I will not be using this again.

on 5/2/2017 12:18:00 PM

I love Palmers`s body butters, but this oil I`m not crazy about. First off, the scent was really off for me. I know cocoa butter can be a tricky fragrance, but I feel that from all the other brands of cocoa butter body treatments I have tried, Palmer`s is the best. Not with this oil, though. I thought maybe I`d gotten a rancid product that was past its expiration date, but the one I sniffed in Boots was exactly the same. I was hoping to use it often, but it ended up just being my after treatment after waxing my legs. Would not repurchase.

on 12/22/2016 5:28:00 PM

This stuff is just great! I use this on my face several times per week at bedtime, after I've removed my make-up and cleansed my face. This oil is absorbed quite fast, which I like. It doesn't make skin an oily mess. It doesn't cause breakouts. I think it does make my skin look plumper in the morning. All in all a great affordable product and much better than more expensive counterparts I have tested. It's perfect for the Winter months when skin is gets drier than usual. I like the packaging too, quite hygienic.

The one con is the smell. It smells a lot of cocoa butter which I don't really like. But all the benefits outweigh this minor flaw. I will be repurchasing!

on 11/19/2016 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely final step for dry skin. It seals in your moisturizer & is silky without being too oil. This is in large part due to the isopropyl myristate, which is fluid & not oily and also causes blackheads fairly easily. I use a clarisonic in the morning & both AHAs & BHAs twice daily, so I don't have an issue with that, but I wish they would simply leave it completely out. Even if it made the blend oilier, I wouldn't mind since it's a advanced blend of antioxidants in a nice base.

on 5/19/2016 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

WOW is all I can say... I have been using expensive cosmetics for years, because of my sensitive skin. I bought this for my husband because he has psoriasis and this add to his lotions helps heal his red irritated break outs.
I had run out of my moisturizer, so I dampened my hands and put one pump of this skin therapy oil in my palm, rub my hands together and applied to my face...just can't believe I had never tried this before. This is all I use now. I use the bath oil after showers and skin therapy oil doing the day. I apply it to my face at night after I wash my face. The difference in my skin is unbelievable.My skin feels like it did when I was in my 20's...I would recommend this to everyone who wants soft glowing skin...

Popular Body Skincare Products