Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.3

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

on 5/2/2017 12:18:00 PM

I love Palmers`s body butters, but this oil I`m not crazy about. First off, the scent was really off for me. I know cocoa butter can be a tricky fragrance, but I feel that from all the other brands of cocoa butter body treatments I have tried, Palmer`s is the best. Not with this oil, though. I thought maybe I`d gotten a rancid product that was past its expiration date, but the one I sniffed in Boots was exactly the same. I was hoping to use it often, but it ended up just being my after treatment after waxing my legs. Would not repurchase.

on 12/22/2016 5:28:00 PM

This stuff is just great! I use this on my face several times per week at bedtime, after I've removed my make-up and cleansed my face. This oil is absorbed quite fast, which I like. It doesn't make skin an oily mess. It doesn't cause breakouts. I think it does make my skin look plumper in the morning. All in all a great affordable product and much better than more expensive counterparts I have tested. It's perfect for the Winter months when skin is gets drier than usual. I like the packaging too, quite hygienic.

The one con is the smell. It smells a lot of cocoa butter which I don't really like. But all the benefits outweigh this minor flaw. I will be repurchasing!

When I started shaving my legs in middle school it was awful. I would get severe razor burn so any lotion I put on my legs burned like crazy . What made it worse was the fact I have pale Irish skin and dark coarse hair on my legs so when I did shave it never looked like it. I hated it but I had to do it so I tried the most mild things I could(stuff made for babies and sensitive skin) and they all burned. Johnson and Johnson 24hr moisturizer was the worst. I felt like my legs were on fire for hours. Baby oil worked but it was gross with the heavy oily feeling. The Johnson and Johnson Cocoa Butter and Shea Creamy baby oil was okay but then I couldn't find it
After using the Flash n Go the hair on my legs improved in texture and rate of growth which helped with the razor burn and the black hair showing from under the surface. Since I was no longer embarrassed to the point I hated them I looked for something that would improve their appearance even more. I decided to try Palmers Skin Therapy Oil on a whim and will never use anything else. I have no burning or yucky feeling(which is a win in of itself). It not only moisturizes really well but I think it has improved the look of my legs even more. It feels so luxurious putting it on and with the pump it is not messy. There is not one negative I can think of. I may even break out some shorts or capris soon(something I have not done for 20 years).

on 2/12/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this through amazon to help with some dark spots and skin discoloration on my body and use as a general moisturizer in the summer time when I didn't want to use a heavier lotion. I'll admit I wasn't particularly regular in my application so it was probably used like every day for a few weeks and then sporadically until I ran out. I didn't see much improvement if any for the dark spots. As a moisturizer, it was ok really. It didn't feel too greasy (more like a dry oil) and I thought it absorbed quickly but the feeling of being moisturized didn't last long as I would feel dry the next day (and this is during the summer in an apartment without aircon).

So 2 stars because it wasn't good, but it could of been worse. Even though it was fairly cheap, I wouldn't buy it again. For dark spots, I've had a lot better luck with rose hip seed oil and for a moisturizing oil, I'd probably just go with coconut oil even though it leaves me feeling greasy, if I'm pressed for cash. Long story short, there are definitely better alternatives out there around this same price point if you're looking for moisturizer or something to help with dark spots.

on 12/26/2015 10:19:00 PM

I really like this oil. It's inexpensive and smells nice. I had my eyebrows tattooed and got a terrible rash from the antibiotic cream I was using. I switched to just rubbing this oil on my brows and it healed much faster and minimized the itching. Great for people with eczema and sensitive skin!

on 5/29/2015 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

So far I'm really happy with this product, I use it on my face, even around my eyes which are prone to getting very dry with fine lines. It absorbs quickly which is great. If I am wearing either primer or foundation that's for dry skin however (I use Maybelline's dream touch fluid foundation) it can leave me feeling a little greasy at the end of putting all my makeup on but usually a setting powder takes away that feeling and leaves my makeup looking smooth.
It's been great at leaving my typically dry spots feeling wonderful and smooth, and does not cause me to instantaneously break out like other moisturisers tend to. I pair it with Palmers daily facial lotion if I need an instant moisture boost during the winter periods.

on 1/18/2015 9:43:00 PM

Love this stuff. I get bumpy / dry upper arm skin and I use this before bed. have the one with a pump and it is waaaaay better with a pump than with the other dispenser which is too messy. I buy this again and again and again.

on 12/9/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This oil is the best! I started using it about a month ago and I still have loads left considering I use it everyday;it isn't at all greasy(like bio oil) so you can put it on your face and it soaks in right away and makes your skin feel so soft and hydrated. I haven't used it for stretch marks so I can't comment. The packaging is so great too, it comes with a pump which pumps the exact amount you need to cover your face. it's so cheap, smells nice and overall. Id recommend this to anyone!

on 11/18/2013 6:51:00 AM

Good if used consistently..consistently..consistently..

Feels oily but applies like a dry oil, sinks in nicely and evenly. Not too messy.
I bought mine when it had the useless twist off lid and I see now it's got a pump pack, which is so much more sensible.

Applies nice and light, non greasy feeling and adds a subtle sheen to skin.
Repeated use leaves skin nicely moisturised and balanced.

I have not used this consistently enough to report it's ability to reduce scarring and stretch marks, but I believe most products with some sort of oil base, be it almond oil, vitamin e etc, will help these things with time. It is not a miracle product by any means, at least not IMO.

Good for legs in summer to help lock in fake tan and nice instead of sticky moisturizer in summer. I generally like to let this sink in and dry before I let my skin touch clothes or sheets so I'm not sure if it stains or marks fabric.

Not too bad for the price, it lasts a long time as use only little bit at a time. Might have to pull this out if the drawer and give it some consistent use and see if it helps with stretch marks and scars. I know it does work nicely to boost moisture in the skin generally and feels quite nice to use. I don't like my hands feeling oily, even though it's the dry oil feel, I still need to wash my hands afterwards unless I'm going to bed in which case I just let it sink into my hands, which does make them look nicer I must say.
Packaging is boring, the pump would help but with normal lid is a hassle and tricky as the plastic bottle can tip over with a big opening, it's only plastic so it's not exactly weighted down well. The pump would help and probably would get me using it more often..though I doubt illl repurchse, I will probably just use sweet almond oil instead.

on 8/27/2013 11:15:00 AM

I bought this a week ago after a friend from work told me she had been using it and it had worked wonders on her. I have tried so many different products, some prescribed by doctors, others just over the counter at my local drugstore and I've even ordered products online to get rid of my acne scars and red marks. None of them have worked quite as fast as this one. It's been 6 days of using this two times a day and my skin has smoothed out and the red marks are already fading! I have combination skin and my skin is no longer flaky and not as dry/oily it's evened out so much! I would highly highly recommend this product it's super affordable only like 5 dollars at Shoppers and it's a pump bottle so you can dispense the right amount each time.

Popular Body Skincare Products