Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.2

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

I love this oil. I brought it for about $12, which is pretty cheap for a facial oil. At first I didn't really like it compared to a rose hip oil I had been using. I've now run out of that so I thought i would give this a go. I've been using it for about 5 days, I put it on with the moisturizer in the morning and with my night cream at night and tonight I loved my face! My scarring and redness is looking a lot better, my skin is super soft and it looks so glowy and healthy. I absolutely love it. I don't like the smell so much but I really am enjoying this so far.

on 2/22/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My mom first showed me this oil, and it's a lifesaver. Literally. I'll explain. It's great for healing hyperpigmentation, scars, calluses, etc. It's safe to use on open wounds. It's a miracle for damaged skin- scar tissue, calluses, hyperpigmentation. It breaks up scar tissue like nothing else ever has for me. And I have dermatillomania, so I have some serious scar tissue- everywhere from my cheeks to my ankles to my back. My scar tissue is deep under the surface and broken up, so even dermatologists say there's not much hope in it going away completely. And it hasn't, but using this oil anywhere on my body where there are marks left from picking. I use it once a day, or every other day since I'm not perfect, for a couple weeks to a month and the scars fade significantly. I find the best result when I use this during or after a hot shower. It's not great if you have acne prone skin- after all, you're literally slathering your skin in oil. When I use it on acne-prone areas I usually break out. But it's worth it to speed up healing. That's what this is the best at. I use other products for daily moisturizing. My go-to routine of aloe+hydrocortisone cream+blister bandages is best for closing open wounds, blisters, and lesions caused by my derma. But I've always struggled with not reopening the remaining mark. I'm way more likely to get an infection when I reopen an existing lesion rather than causing a new one. In the past, I've gotten bloodstream staph infections twice, a topical antibiotic-resistant MRSA infection once, and countless other, less dangerous infections that required doctors visits, urgent care, antibiotics, steroids, lancing, excision, etc. But I haven't gotten an infection requiring a doctor's visit in almost two years. If anything my derma has worsened in that time, but this oil keeps me safe. So that's why I love Palmer's. I'm also prone to nummular eczema, and this oil is a great preventative tool for my eczema, which is triggered by dry skin. Whenever I have a particularly rough, tight, scaly patch of skin, I put this on the area twice a day (along with using vaseline/aquaphor on the area throughout the day to protect it from dehydration) until it's smooth again. Usually takes 3-4 days, at most a week. My only complaint is the smell. It's not bad, but the fragrance is too strong for me. I've gotten used to it, but it's definitely an acquired smell. Palmers is THE BEST oil out there for damaged skin because it works fast, can be used on open wound (like blisters, raw skin under a scab, or a popped pimple), and it never leaves you feeling greasy- it absorbs into your skin right away instead of sitting on the top.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I really love this oil. I've been using is for a few months now and my skin has improved tremendously. I suffer from dry, sensitive skin and this oil helps to keep my face soft and moisturized. It doesn't do well with discolorations but it's great as a moisturizer and I love the way my skin feels after using it and it's not greasy. The smell is amazing! (I love the coca butter scent) Was pretty pricey for me but I haven't found anything better as yet that will keep my face soft and sleek the way this does.

on 1/13/2016 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I tried to follow the trend to include an oil into my skincare routine as I have dry skin. I got this oil in 60ml pump bottle and put in onto my face for 2 days after washing face and afterwards following with cream. I was so devastated of my face when I woke up in the morning and feel a cluster of bumps on my cheek and the other cheek having a bump as well, which are red, super itchy and resemble mosquito bites.
I definitely don't recommend putting it on the face from my experience... Hope I recover soon.

on 4/8/2015 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

As much as I love most Palmers products, I'm not hugely impressed with their oil formulations. I use this every other day on my body because it's light and absorbs very easily, but I bought specifically for post-shaving thinking it would be more moisturising. I don't find its enough after shaving legs, but it is pleasant to mix with heavier creams (like nivea) for that purpose, and a decent replacement for body lotion post-shower, especially because it sinks into damp skin beautifully. It's smell is light compared to other products in the line. Can also be used on face which I do occasionally for a moisture boost, but better reserve for night because it can leave facial skin a bit greasy and hard to apply makeup over.

on 3/22/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this product! With the Vitamin E cocoa butter formula from Palmer's, those are two of my favourite skin care products. I love them! This one is moisturizing, not oily, smells perfect and is really hydrating. As far as fading strech marks goes, I haven't seen any improvements but I will continue to use it anyway :)

Great product! Inexpensive, beautifully moisturizing, NOT OILY. Absorbs quickly, so it can be used during the day. Love it.

on 11/18/2014 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Very good moisturizer; locks moisture in if used while skin is damp. It has a light cocoa butter fragrance which I tend to enjoy. I also mix it with body creams/lotions and massage into skin. I found at Ulta for Buy 1, Get 1 50% off. BTW a little goes a long way so def worth the money. The oil absorbs rather quickly on my dryness-prone skin.

on 4/15/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this product! It smells great, it's moisturizing without being greasy, I use it all over after getting out of the pool (I teach swim lessons) and my skin is finally looking and feeling healthy again. I've tried Eucerine and Aquaphor, but they're greasy and heavy and it seems to take forever for them to soak in. With Palmers Skin Therapy Oil, it soaks in nice and quick, feels light on my skin, and isn't greasy at all!

I also love the fact that after only using for about two weeks (only once or twice a day, not three times like the directions recommend) that some of my stretch marks are disappearing! I only had a few somewhat "fresh" stretch marks. When I first started losing weight at the beginning of the year, they started to fade, but were still there, nice and pink. With Palmers, they've gone from pink to just barely pinker than my skin tone, and are smaller.

Keep in mind, this oil will not help old stretch marks go away. The marks need to still be pinkish for it to help, if they're white the oil won't do anything except make your skin super soft (which is totally okay!)

I also use this on my face after many failed attempts with facial moisturizers. This is the only product that has helped balance out my skin and improve my skin tone, to the point where I feel comfortable not wearing make up. This is a MUST TRY product!

on 3/7/2013 11:14:00 PM

I'm not too crazy about the smell. It doesn't smell 'delicious' like chocolate to me at all, instead I find the smell rather wired and too strong. Also my bf doesn't like the smell as well.

I've been using the product on and off for about one month and haven't seen any visible result yet. I don't think I will buy it again. However, if I do see the result I may only use it on the small marked area on my skin to avoid the smell.

Popular Body Skincare Products