Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.2

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

on 4/18/2016 11:56:00 PM

I tried the new paraben-free/"good stuff inside" oil and strangely, it dried my skin. I even layered it with my usual lotion but the result was awful. I also don't like Palmer's heavy fragrance. It smells/feels like a layer of cloying grease. And again, parched nasty skin.
Can't recommend. Nope.

on 1/13/2016 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I tried to follow the trend to include an oil into my skincare routine as I have dry skin. I got this oil in 60ml pump bottle and put in onto my face for 2 days after washing face and afterwards following with cream. I was so devastated of my face when I woke up in the morning and feel a cluster of bumps on my cheek and the other cheek having a bump as well, which are red, super itchy and resemble mosquito bites.
I definitely don't recommend putting it on the face from my experience... Hope I recover soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for 4 days only but the results are amazing. By the second day of using it, my bumpy face became smooth and supple. I'm just hoping that it'll get rid of my post acne marks.

UPDATE: After 2 weeks of using this i noticed that I've been getting closed comedones on my cheeks. Since then I've stopped using it.

on 5/14/2017 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I had really high hopes for this as it said that it gets rid of scars & uneven skin tone, which was what I was after. I absolutely hated the scent, but I thought that if this really works the smell could be bearable. I've only used it three times and I noticed that I have a few bumps forming on my skin :( After working so hard to make my face clear over the past few months only to see new pimples really upset me. I will not be using this again.

on 2/12/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this through amazon to help with some dark spots and skin discoloration on my body and use as a general moisturizer in the summer time when I didn't want to use a heavier lotion. I'll admit I wasn't particularly regular in my application so it was probably used like every day for a few weeks and then sporadically until I ran out. I didn't see much improvement if any for the dark spots. As a moisturizer, it was ok really. It didn't feel too greasy (more like a dry oil) and I thought it absorbed quickly but the feeling of being moisturized didn't last long as I would feel dry the next day (and this is during the summer in an apartment without aircon).

So 2 stars because it wasn't good, but it could of been worse. Even though it was fairly cheap, I wouldn't buy it again. For dark spots, I've had a lot better luck with rose hip seed oil and for a moisturizing oil, I'd probably just go with coconut oil even though it leaves me feeling greasy, if I'm pressed for cash. Long story short, there are definitely better alternatives out there around this same price point if you're looking for moisturizer or something to help with dark spots.

on 3/7/2013 11:14:00 PM

I'm not too crazy about the smell. It doesn't smell 'delicious' like chocolate to me at all, instead I find the smell rather wired and too strong. Also my bf doesn't like the smell as well.

I've been using the product on and off for about one month and haven't seen any visible result yet. I don't think I will buy it again. However, if I do see the result I may only use it on the small marked area on my skin to avoid the smell.

Palmer's created a winning formulation of light oils, vitamin E, rose seed, and two benign penetration enhancers. Great for scars and stretchmarks, I am using it on my c-section scar and it feels more supple and less ropey with only a few days use.
The packaging could be greatly improved however. I like the way Weleda handles their oils with a dark glass dropper and a sturdy cap. I'm sure the packaging would add to the price, which is moderate considering the amount of sesame oil and E.
The fragrance is another issue. Knowing how light and natural the fragrances of these ingredients are, it baffles me why they are trying to cover then up with a cheap, artificial baby powder scent such as this.
Nonetheless, I have enjoyed the improvements in my skin that this oil has helped me achieve. I use a few drops over damp skin when exiting the shower. I add to EVOO and massage into my face then remove with a steamy hot towel. It is wonderful!!
More than likely, next time I will purchase plain sesame oil, vitamin E oil, cocoa butter, rose hip oil, and some isopropyl myristate to make my own scent-free version and I will omit the dimethicone, canola and the fragrance. If I don't have the time then I will purchase this again.
Edit: I took off stars because I feel there are just too many additives and not enough cocoa butter in this formulation. Not buying again.

on 5/2/2017 12:18:00 PM

I love Palmers`s body butters, but this oil I`m not crazy about. First off, the scent was really off for me. I know cocoa butter can be a tricky fragrance, but I feel that from all the other brands of cocoa butter body treatments I have tried, Palmer`s is the best. Not with this oil, though. I thought maybe I`d gotten a rancid product that was past its expiration date, but the one I sniffed in Boots was exactly the same. I was hoping to use it often, but it ended up just being my after treatment after waxing my legs. Would not repurchase.

on 4/8/2015 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

As much as I love most Palmers products, I'm not hugely impressed with their oil formulations. I use this every other day on my body because it's light and absorbs very easily, but I bought specifically for post-shaving thinking it would be more moisturising. I don't find its enough after shaving legs, but it is pleasant to mix with heavier creams (like nivea) for that purpose, and a decent replacement for body lotion post-shower, especially because it sinks into damp skin beautifully. It's smell is light compared to other products in the line. Can also be used on face which I do occasionally for a moisture boost, but better reserve for night because it can leave facial skin a bit greasy and hard to apply makeup over.

on 3/22/2015 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

decent moisture, but stretchmarks arent effected. they are caused far beneath the skins surface.
"Applying topical products such as plant oils or cocoa butter, Mederma (which didn't show results on scars beyond plain Vaseline,) or any skin-care product promising to prevent, reduce or eliminate stretch marks doesn't work, and there is no research showing otherwise."
"The depth of stretch marks —far below the skin's surface—and the extreme strain, stress, and trauma needed to break down the skin's support structure, is damage beyond the reparative or preventative capability of any moisturizer or oil."
beyond the claims palmers made for that use, if you like the scent, you likely like the oil.

Popular Body Skincare Products