Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil
Skin Therapy OilSkin Therapy Oil

4.2

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

on 6/22/2015 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've tried to jump on the oil bandwagon for a while now but most of the ones I have tried didn't work out for me. Jose Maran Argan Oil clogged my pores and was extremely expensive, the Fresh Seaberry oil gave me a really bazaar rash. My mom who is in her 50s started using this as her moisturizer (she has mature/dry skin). I was slightly hesitant to use it but she told me to give it a go since it's very inexpensive and she loved it herself. I myself have oily/combo skin that is quite sensitive and acne prone. I washed and toned my face like usual and I used a nickel sized amount of my normal moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically different moisturizing gel) and then mixed in one pump of this oil in and rubbed it on my face. I can usually tell right away when my skin dislikes something because I will get itchy and red, after a few minutes I realized that hadn't happened so I went to bed. I loved that it wasn't really greasy or sticky, it didn't leave any residue or stains on my pillow. I woke up the next morning and my skin was SO soft! Softer than usual and just felt plump and had a beautiful glow about it. I continued to use this and around the 2-3 week mark I noticed that a lot of my acne scars and marks had faded about 80%. After about a month of using this product I can say my acne scars have seriously faded, my skin is moisturized and I feel like my skin bounces back from damage a lot easier. When I break out I feel like they heal better and faster. Most of my acne is hormone caused so I didn't expect this to stop my acne and it didn't but it definitely helps the healing process. The smell is also very nice, not too strong. The texture isn't too oily or greasy, it absorbs into the skin very nicely. I haven't been brave enough to use this during the day under my makeup because my skin can be on the oily side but for a night time treat this is ideal! I found my bottle for 5 bucks at Walgreens, far cry from the Josie maran oil which is 96 dollars for half the amount. On top of all that, this oil hasn't clogged my pores or broken me out. No bad reactions whatsoever. I am so happy with this product and pleasantly surprised. This is the only oil that has ever done anything for my skin!

TLDR:
-fast absorbing, non-greasy texture. no residue/stains on pillows or bed sheets.
-great for acne scars, wrickles or dry skin.
-nice smell, not too strong.
-found at walgreens, Walmart, cvs, any drugstore.
-prices vary but usually around the $5-$7 dollar mark.
-also great as a hair treatment!
-no bad reactions and didn't clog my pores.
-great packaging. easy pump bottle.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

I love this! I only use it on my face and neck in the morning and at night. It doesnt break my acne prone skin out or make my pores bigger. I'm not sure if the recommended use is for the face but I have really dry/combo skin and this makes my skin so soft I can't stop feeling it after I put it on. It is not greasy at all provided you don't put more then a few drops on. The smell isn't bad (I really like it) unless your one of those extremely sensitive people who likes to complain about everything, i mean really who cares about the smell unless its bad? We're talking product quality and the smell is good and not very strong at all, so get over it. I have the same complaint as everyone- its very messy and they need to improve the packaging. Other than that, this is a great moisturizer and I will be re-buying again and again!

on 6/15/2013 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This stuff is amazing. I had an allergic reaction (contact dermatitis) and my neck broke out into a dry, itchy, red rash. It was so bad that not even makeup would cover it up. After two days of using this product my neck no longer itches and the skin is nearly back to normal. I've been using this product off and on for over three years. It is most definitely a staple. It smooths my skin's texture and fades my hyper pigmentation (my biggest issue) for a more even complexion. I am assuming it would be great for smoothing fine lines but I can't say as didn't have them prior to using this product. I use it mainly on my face and on my legs. I love that it's not greasy and absorbs quickly.

I bought this for $14 at my local BSS, but for the quality of product and the amount you get, I feel that is a very reasonable price. The packaging is great in that it's now available in a pump bottle. This product is definitely a must-have.

on 11/9/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so they updated the packaging of this product and it now has a pump! WONDERFUL.
I bought this on 11/3/2012 and today is 11/9/2012.

Over the summer I started noticing pinkish purple lines (stretch marks) forming on my inner thighs. I was so sad and didn't go swimming all summer because I was embarrassed of the marks and didn't want to bare it all in a swim suit.

When I saw this product - i kinda stumbled upon it while I was looking for sweet almond oil to use on my hair. I think I paid about $9 dollars for it at wal-mart, and thought i'd give it a try because it claims to improve the appearance of: scars, stretch marks, dry damaged skin, uneven skin tone and aging skin. (Which I have all the above.) I have hyper-pigmentation on my face from popping pimples, a few scars here and there, the lines that appeared on my legs, and so on.
For the price I paid ($9) I was not expecting much from this product. I used it 3 times a day for 7 days (since the very first day I bought it.) and I looked down at my inner thighs today while sitting indian style, and WOW - my stretch marks were close to GONE. They were merely just 2 or 3 pink marks, (looked like i had an itch and lightly scratched it.) I also noticed that the scar on my wrist was SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. And only after using this for 7 days. I plan on using up the entire bottle. And to think I listened to people who said "nothing gets rid of stretch marks" and making me think my body was ruined. This stuff gave me my life back!

- and as for the hyper-pigmentation i had on my face - its significantly reduced as well. I have switched from high-coverage foundation to tinted moisturizer. My skin has never looked so good.

on 8/27/2013 11:15:00 AM

I bought this a week ago after a friend from work told me she had been using it and it had worked wonders on her. I have tried so many different products, some prescribed by doctors, others just over the counter at my local drugstore and I've even ordered products online to get rid of my acne scars and red marks. None of them have worked quite as fast as this one. It's been 6 days of using this two times a day and my skin has smoothed out and the red marks are already fading! I have combination skin and my skin is no longer flaky and not as dry/oily it's evened out so much! I would highly highly recommend this product it's super affordable only like 5 dollars at Shoppers and it's a pump bottle so you can dispense the right amount each time.

on 8/27/2012 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I think an important thing to keep in mind when using this product is that very few things will actually diminish the appearance of scars, stretch marks and wrinkles. If there were, then we'd all have perfect skin!
...
That said, this product does help with maintaining the condition of my skin and keeping my back acne marks from getting too terrible. I've been using this product every night for a couple of months on my back, as well as my regular Palmer's lotion on the rest of my body. At first I was expecting it to make my scars go away within weeks, but I realized that would be impossible. However, I kept using the product out of habit and recently noticed that my scars have toned down just a little.
...
For an affordable product, it certainly doesn't hurt my skin. This has not caused my back to break out more, even though it is an oil. I do still get breakouts, but my overall skin is decently smooth. I use this after I take a shower in the evening. I don't know how it would work on skin that hasn't been just washed. It's also great for adding a little bit of a glow to your legs.
...
Overall, I like that this product is affordable and gentle. It doesn't work miracles, but it has improved my skin's texture and appearance better than the acne products I was using before. For a few dollars, that's not bad at all!

on 5/19/2016 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

WOW is all I can say... I have been using expensive cosmetics for years, because of my sensitive skin. I bought this for my husband because he has psoriasis and this add to his lotions helps heal his red irritated break outs.
I had run out of my moisturizer, so I dampened my hands and put one pump of this skin therapy oil in my palm, rub my hands together and applied to my face...just can't believe I had never tried this before. This is all I use now. I use the bath oil after showers and skin therapy oil doing the day. I apply it to my face at night after I wash my face. The difference in my skin is unbelievable.My skin feels like it did when I was in my 20's...I would recommend this to everyone who wants soft glowing skin...

on 4/15/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this product! It smells great, it's moisturizing without being greasy, I use it all over after getting out of the pool (I teach swim lessons) and my skin is finally looking and feeling healthy again. I've tried Eucerine and Aquaphor, but they're greasy and heavy and it seems to take forever for them to soak in. With Palmers Skin Therapy Oil, it soaks in nice and quick, feels light on my skin, and isn't greasy at all!

I also love the fact that after only using for about two weeks (only once or twice a day, not three times like the directions recommend) that some of my stretch marks are disappearing! I only had a few somewhat "fresh" stretch marks. When I first started losing weight at the beginning of the year, they started to fade, but were still there, nice and pink. With Palmers, they've gone from pink to just barely pinker than my skin tone, and are smaller.

Keep in mind, this oil will not help old stretch marks go away. The marks need to still be pinkish for it to help, if they're white the oil won't do anything except make your skin super soft (which is totally okay!)

I also use this on my face after many failed attempts with facial moisturizers. This is the only product that has helped balance out my skin and improve my skin tone, to the point where I feel comfortable not wearing make up. This is a MUST TRY product!

on 6/9/2011 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I use this as an anti-stretchmark oil to avoid getting them now that I'm pregnant. I'm 7 months pregnant now, and not a single stripe has appeared (yet...). I'm on my 3rd bottle now, I alternate with Weleda pregnancy oil, which I think works fine but smells AWFUL! Packaging is flimsy indeed, but as I hardly take it anywhere it doesn't matter to me. The scent is pretty strong, but it fades quickly, so also no probs for me :). Have and will re-buy!
EDIT: no stretchmarks!! My daughter is born now so I made it ;)!

EDIT 2015: I am pregnant again, and I'm using this again, in both the normal as the rosehip version :). I haven't even bothered with buying the Weleda one. Hopefully I will make it through without getting a single stretch mark again :)

on 12/10/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this before bed time on a clean face and damp skin while massaging it all over face and neck it works amazing, once it dries off I use night cream over it. Skin looks amazing and glows next day

Popular Body Skincare Products