La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF 30 AC Fluid Extreme

La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF 30 AC Fluid Extreme

3.5

INGREDIENTS FROM THE BOX: Aqua/Water, Isododecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Alcohol Dentat., Cyclohexasiloxane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Octocrylene, Titanium Dioxide, Isocetyl Stearate, Glycerin, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Propylene Glycol, Silica, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine (Tinosorb S), Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dodecene, Drometrizole Trisiloxane (Mexoryl XL), Ethylhexyl Triazone, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Maltodextrin, Phenoxyethanol, Poloxamer 407, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Propylene Carbonate, Terephthalylidene Dicamphor Sulfonic Acid, Tocopherol, Triethanolamine.

on 3/15/2019 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So to keep a long story short I do have very sensitive skin and I normally have a reaction to products that have any type of SPF in them. Hence I stay away from putting any type of sunscreen on my face unless I go on vacation to a sunny place. Obviously I know it’s not ideal, but I’ve rather got clear skin and considering my age I haven’t got that many wrinkles nor age spots anyway. Anyway I do love this brand since I’ve been using their retinol cream for years, which is excellent and it has never given me any break-outs ever. Might have actually help preventing me getting those wrinkles and age spots to be honest with you. But this cream is just not living up to the hype. Since I was going on a safari holiday to Africa I was looking for something that would keep my skin hydrated as well as matte. Oily looking skin might be ok on a beach holiday but otherwise you always want to reach for that blotching powder or trying to find a mattifying sunscreen. Hence I found this one as well as the Vichy Mattifying Dry Touch SPF 50. Not having much time to try them both out. I put them both on at the same time, one half of my face Vichy, the other half LRP and the differences are remarkable. LRP gives you a very white cast, while Vichy (I’ll post a review later) doesn’t. Also LRP tend to settle in to your fine lines, you’ll find those annoying white lines as with Vichy noting at all. LRP does start balling up as well so I can’t see this one being used as a makeup base. Finally I did have a few new breakouts on the LRP side of my face but none on the Vichy side... So the conclusion is unless you have very tolerant young pale skin this sunscreen is probably not for you.

With my combination skin and rosacea, finding a good sunscreen that doesn't make my face sting and doesn't increase the shine is a constant search. And to make things worse, manufacturers keep changing their formulas. This sunscreen used to be one of the best for my skin, but it has now changed. I give it three stars because it didn't sting, and that's always a plus. And it does sink in quite quickly and doesn't leave a white cast (but then, I am very pale). The problem is that it does not control the oily patches on my nose and cheeks very well! I use Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation, and after two hours I found the oil had broken through both my sunscreen and foundation, so had to start blotting like mad. Other sunscreens last about four hours before the oil becomes a problem, so I won't be repurchasing this. It would probably be fine for someone with a dryer type of skin.

Did not really love this product. Was quit greasy + left white cast and thats rare for me cause i have light skin.

on 12/7/2015 12:08:00 PM

At first, I was a bit hesitant about buying this. (I have combo skin but a very shiny t zone) and wondered if it would make my shiny nose shinier. However, it does not. It is a very liquid/milk like texture and does leave a matte finish - which I was pleased about! It initially feels like it makes you look a bit white, but then it sinks in which is fine.

In some other reviews, I had read that people got breakouts. I have not had any breakouts (Touch wood)....but I do also double cleanse in the evenings.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A bit greasy - but a lot less than a lot of other suncsreens for the face

on 1/8/2015 1:31:00 AM

I would try it again! Listen to my story: it has changed formula within the past year or so : / have used this religiously as my primary moisturizer (after serum) for the past decade, with brilliant results. Within the past year, I have been developing rashes & strange dry spots. Went to dermatologist. She suggested my symptoms were related to new LrP I resisted. Changed my diet. Stopped all facial products except the sunblock. Finally stopped my beloved LaRoche Posay. And my skin is better. Breaks my heart.

on 11/28/2014 8:08:00 PM

This brand was recommended by Dr Amy Wechsler in her book The Mind-Beauty Connection, so I decided to try it. I can't see what makes it so great, and sunscreens that are half the price (e.g. Neutrogena) do as good a job. This made my face look white as a ghost, so for that reason I can't use it as my everyday face shield. Overpriced in my opinion.

on 9/27/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Background skin info: pale (n10-15 in mac terms, freckles), clog-prone, dehydrated, oily skin.
This ss has a thin, silicon-ey texture; it never sets on my skin, just leaves a greasy-looking layer, that seems to slide off very easily. It also dehydrated my skin severely; when I tried to layer it over a light moisturizer (LRP toleriane ultra), the ss balled up and could not be applied evenly. I tried to make it work for about 2 months, on and off; now, to finish it up (it does seem to offer decent protection, despite the formula's downfalls) I'm using it for my neck/hands.

on 7/25/2013 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Got recommended this at the pharmacy because I have very sensitive skin. My skin reacted badly to it, it's super drying and it makes my skin itch in an alarming way. Besides it really didn't absorb so there's white patches all over.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

LRP Anthelios AC 30 Extreme Fluid was my go to everyday sunscreen for years (I use Anthelios XL 50+ for outdoor activities). The SPF 30 version was matte, not too whitening, and had good UVA/UVB protection with its SPF30 PPD19 rating.

However today that's all changed after I received my refill order. There's been a huge change in its formula as the sunscreen now makes my face look too white and chalky. They changed the formula of this sunscreen so it now has what they call call Mexoplex which is Mexoryl SX, Mexoryl XL, and Tinosorb S. I can appreciate if they improved the sunscreen protection in it but I can't go around looking like a ghost either. I'll try to use it with some tint to see if that helps. Needless to say I won't be buying this again. There goes my holy grail sunscreen.

Additional info: I'm in the USA, I purchased this sunscreen from pharmamundi in July 2013.