Rimmel Lasting Finish Kiss & Stay Lipgloss in Hot Flash

No Image

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/20/2010 11:10:00 PM

I have always used long-lasting lip color for work because I can't be bothered. The brands I've used over the years never last the entire day. My latest was Almay in 'honey' (a muted bronze). They have a limited selection of rather boring colors, but I liked that the gloss and color are in the same tube. And honey is my perfect neutral.

The Rimmel is far better in so many ways. 'Hot Flash' is a brighter orange/bronze with more life, but still appropriate for work. And a fun color for summer. The glosses for Rimmel all have a tint that complements the base color and they have a bit of understated shimmer. (Almay glosses are all the same transparent shine.) The tinted gloss of 'Hot Flash' is a beigy color that mutes the orange tones perfectly. I also have 'Red Alert' which has a cooler toned gloss/shimmer. It is my perfect red. Finally. And best of all the Rimmel lasts all day!

I went out the next day and bought a second 'Hot Flash' for my mom who loves this kind of product for work too....

Overall I have been really impressed with Rimmels products. Up-to-the-minute colors and trends. And great quality for the price.

I have Kiss & Stay in this color and also in #200 Enduring Love. I had previously sworn to myself that I would never again use another 2-step lipcolor after constantly misplacing one or the other of the tubes, enduring the thick, cakey feel of the color base, let alone the horrible granular chunks and messy look when some of them started to wear off. This product is none of that. I like to apply step 1 with just a few little dabs on my lips and quickly smooth it out with a fingertip to create a nice thin sheer-color base, it ends up almost like a stain because of its thin consistency. It does dry a bit sticky, but it's not meant to be worn alone. Finished with the gloss, it creates a smooth, full and luminous look. I love the thickly smooth texture of the gloss topcoat and find it lasts a good while. I find the glitter to be flattering since it is very fine and subtle but also sparkly and shimmery when the light hits it just right. The lasting power is reasonable and it wears away smoothly as well. It did not seem to be drying at all. Overall I am surprised and impressed with this lipgloss and would definitely recommend and repurchase.