E.L.F. Studio Line Lip Primer & Plumper

E.L.F. Studio Line Lip Primer & Plumper

2.6

Lip Primer: Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Mica, Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Cassia) Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Caprylyl glycol, Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Lip Plumper: Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax),Ozokerite Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Mica, Methylisothiazolinone, Caprylyl glycol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 5/2/2016 2:49:00 AM

I am still not sure how I feel about the primer side of this product. AS far as the plumper goes I wasn't prepared for the intense feeling of it. It is cinnamon, which I like because its a favorite smell and flavor of mine, but it burns so bad! I don't really feel like my small lips have even plumped up any.

Honestly perfect, holy grail as far as the primer goes. It helps a lot to make matte lipstick less drying. The plumper is smooth and smells really strongly like cinnamon. It makes a small, subtle difference.

To Read all 94 Reviews, Login or Join

Let me start out by saying this is the first primer I've ever tried. I was really happy with the results, I never reapplied my lipstick and by the end of the day there was still some color. This was after eating, drinking, and putting chapstick over my lip color several times. Sure it faded some after an 8hr work day, but normally I take a sip of coffee and my lipstick is gone, so I was pretty impressed with this product.

I also think it help my lipstick have a smooth even application, and more professional looking finish.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was an impulse buy, and I don't regret trying it out since it was only $3, but allow me to save you $3 - it's just a half step above useless!

The plumper side is lightly moisturizing and has a nice smooth texture & mild cinnamon scent, but does not actually seem to increase blood flow or do anything else to plump the lip. I've tried it several times on bare lips and over other products and can't see or feel any difference at all. It's just a small portion of a decent balm.

If you use the primer at all, I'd use it with an opaque, matte lip color, as its chalky color and texture would overpower anything sheer or glossy. I wore it with a semi-matte lipstick that usually wears off the instant I eat or drink anything, and after a couple hours, when I would usually reapply, I was surprised to find the color was still quite strong - unfortunately I had to reapply anyway because the primer had dried everything out to a flaky, cracked texture! One of the functions of a primer is to smooth out any uneven-ness, this did the opposite.

The low price would only be a bargain if the product did what it claimed to do. Not worth even a couple bucks.

on 12/21/2015 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok I bought this for the lip primer. I didn't expect it to go on colored. It sucks. Looks exactly like concealer slathered all over my lips. I figured it might look OK with my lipstick over it, but nope. It mixed in and looked patchy and lightened the color, but did make my liner go on smoothly. On the other hand, it might actually work as an actual concealer, just haven't tried it yet. The plumper though... Awesome. All plumbers I've ever used have a weird, unpleasant scent. This smells good, like red hots. I like it. It's sheer balm, clear colored, and seems to work a little, my lips do feel plumper. Also, it's got a tingle feeling, as do most lip plumpers, but it doesn't bother me at all. I might buy it again for the plumping balm side, but the primer is crap. I'm not out much money for it, I think I paid $2.

on 11/27/2015 1:08:00 PM

Overall, this is a great product! Although i did not like the primer, im in love with the plumper. I used the primer with elf lipstick and it was clumpy, mixture of colors, ect... I love love love the cinnoman smell to the plumper and it works very well! I highly suggest buying this product, its only 3 dollars!!!!

on 11/21/2015 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i use this product everyday and have already replaced once. like a lot of reviews have said, the plumper is better than the primer; it has a nice cinnamon scent, goes on smooth, and moisturizes a little bit. it also gives my lips a nice rosy color, so i wear it as a balm sometimes when I'm not wearing makeup. the primer's not as nice (i can use it if i lightly pat it on instead of swiping like a normal lipstick, can be nice under opaque lipstick to make it stand out a bit more, definitely not for light/sheer lipstick). i ran out of plumper before i used up the primer and ended up tossing the old tube primer and all. overall, not bad for the price and has a really nice lip balm/plumper.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Totally a disappointment from ELF. The plumper is nice but doesnt last long and the primer is an opaque pale yellow that doesnt work well with any lipstick I have. I hold ELF to higher standards than this. Total crap product

on 10/26/2015 3:04:00 PM

Ehhh, no. It's a 2-sided lipstick (mini bullets) -- the plumper is a standard clear balm with something that smells a lot like cinnamon, and the primer is a creamy texture in a ghastly pale mustard color.

I was primarily interested in the primer, but it's got a couple of problems, first and foremost the color. If the lipstick you're wearing over it isn't really really opaque, the primer will badly affect the end result. (I mean, really. When was the last time you tried a lippie and said, "This would be the perfect color, if only it leaned more towards a pale mustard"?) The texture is also pretty awful--it grabs onto any unevenness on your lips and highlights the problem.

Even at the low price of $3, it's a total waste of money.

on 9/13/2015 3:02:00 PM

I never use the primer side because its terrible but the plumper side is great! The plumper makes my lips tingle and really soft too. It only tingles for a couple of minutes and when it stops, I see a big difference in my lips. They actually get more plumped and gives me a bit more of a pout. I have really small lips and I find that this makes them stand out a bit more. I wish you could only buy the plumper because the primer is just a waste. It makes your lips like a chalky white so when you apply your lipstick it changes its colour. You can see the primer underneath your lipstick because it goes into the little creases in your lips. It just looks really unattractive. This product is still totally worth buying because the plumper is great :)