E.L.F. Studio Line Lip Primer & Plumper

E.L.F. Studio Line Lip Primer & Plumper
Studio Line Lip Primer & PlumperStudio Line Lip Primer & Plumper

2.5

Lip Primer: Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Mica, Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Cassia) Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Caprylyl glycol, Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Lip Plumper: Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax),Ozokerite Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Mica, Methylisothiazolinone, Caprylyl glycol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 12/16/2016 10:11:00 AM

As most people on this site are aware, this is a budget brand to say the least. The products are hit and miss, and I personally have had more luck with the loose powders and mineral shadows than anything else. Because it is so cheap, it's easy to justify impulse purchasing at their display. This was one of those. I tried using the primer with lipstick, but it only makes the colour paler, nothing else. Won't use it again unless I'm playing around with make-up and shades at home. The balm is meant to be plumping, which I didn't notice. It gives a bit of a tingling sensation that disappeares in maybe a minute or so. It's mainly been used for times when I didn't happen to be near a proper balm. I wouldn't buy it again or use it outside, but I don't regret giving it a go.

on 12/8/2016 1:00:00 AM

The primer imparts very weird colour to the lips and ruins any lipstick you try to apply over it. A waste of 3$.

on 10/4/2016 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I think someone else mentioned this about the plumper side - but I had the same allergic reaction after using the plumper. I have a plumper by NYC that I love (and tingles) but I have never had my lips turn RED and get outlined in red like I would have burned them/chapped them from licking obsessively. Both my lips starting turning red all the way around the outer edge of my lip - to the point that I thought I'd gotten chapped lips or something?

Very crazy. I've used plumpers, but never had a reaction like this stuff. I'm either returning it or tossing it. My lips got a chapped/burned red outline so much that I couldn't even apply lipstick because it looked like the lipstick was bleeding all out of my lip line!

Crazy stuff.

on 5/2/2016 2:49:00 AM

I am still not sure how I feel about the primer side of this product. AS far as the plumper goes I wasn't prepared for the intense feeling of it. It is cinnamon, which I like because its a favorite smell and flavor of mine, but it burns so bad! I don't really feel like my small lips have even plumped up any.

Honestly perfect, holy grail as far as the primer goes. It helps a lot to make matte lipstick less drying. The plumper is smooth and smells really strongly like cinnamon. It makes a small, subtle difference.

Let me start out by saying this is the first primer I've ever tried. I was really happy with the results, I never reapplied my lipstick and by the end of the day there was still some color. This was after eating, drinking, and putting chapstick over my lip color several times. Sure it faded some after an 8hr work day, but normally I take a sip of coffee and my lipstick is gone, so I was pretty impressed with this product.

I also think it help my lipstick have a smooth even application, and more professional looking finish.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was an impulse buy, and I don't regret trying it out since it was only $3, but allow me to save you $3 - it's just a half step above useless!

The plumper side is lightly moisturizing and has a nice smooth texture & mild cinnamon scent, but does not actually seem to increase blood flow or do anything else to plump the lip. I've tried it several times on bare lips and over other products and can't see or feel any difference at all. It's just a small portion of a decent balm.

If you use the primer at all, I'd use it with an opaque, matte lip color, as its chalky color and texture would overpower anything sheer or glossy. I wore it with a semi-matte lipstick that usually wears off the instant I eat or drink anything, and after a couple hours, when I would usually reapply, I was surprised to find the color was still quite strong - unfortunately I had to reapply anyway because the primer had dried everything out to a flaky, cracked texture! One of the functions of a primer is to smooth out any uneven-ness, this did the opposite.

The low price would only be a bargain if the product did what it claimed to do. Not worth even a couple bucks.

on 12/21/2015 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok I bought this for the lip primer. I didn't expect it to go on colored. It sucks. Looks exactly like concealer slathered all over my lips. I figured it might look OK with my lipstick over it, but nope. It mixed in and looked patchy and lightened the color, but did make my liner go on smoothly. On the other hand, it might actually work as an actual concealer, just haven't tried it yet. The plumper though... Awesome. All plumbers I've ever used have a weird, unpleasant scent. This smells good, like red hots. I like it. It's sheer balm, clear colored, and seems to work a little, my lips do feel plumper. Also, it's got a tingle feeling, as do most lip plumpers, but it doesn't bother me at all. I might buy it again for the plumping balm side, but the primer is crap. I'm not out much money for it, I think I paid $2.

on 11/27/2015 1:08:00 PM

Overall, this is a great product! Although i did not like the primer, im in love with the plumper. I used the primer with elf lipstick and it was clumpy, mixture of colors, ect... I love love love the cinnoman smell to the plumper and it works very well! I highly suggest buying this product, its only 3 dollars!!!!

on 11/21/2015 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i use this product everyday and have already replaced once. like a lot of reviews have said, the plumper is better than the primer; it has a nice cinnamon scent, goes on smooth, and moisturizes a little bit. it also gives my lips a nice rosy color, so i wear it as a balm sometimes when I'm not wearing makeup. the primer's not as nice (i can use it if i lightly pat it on instead of swiping like a normal lipstick, can be nice under opaque lipstick to make it stand out a bit more, definitely not for light/sheer lipstick). i ran out of plumper before i used up the primer and ended up tossing the old tube primer and all. overall, not bad for the price and has a really nice lip balm/plumper.