2.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

OVERALL: DO NOT RECOMMEND I was looking for a drugstore dupe of my favorite high end mascara (I swear by Chanel inimitable). This one was nice in some respects but overall I WONT REPURCHASE because it gave me raccoon eyes and went all over my eye, smudging upon application. Probably one of the worst mascaras I've tried PROS - Price; affordable - I like the wand - Nicely separated the lashes (didn't clump) CONS - Gave me raccoon eyes. This is pretty major for me and I won't repurchase any mascara that does this - More of this mascara ended up on my undereyes than on my actual lashes. Horrible!!!!!! - Smudged upon application on the upper lid too, thereby ruining any eyeshadows/liners that had already been applied

About reviewer (154 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

This stuff is basically dark black rubber cement. It causes ugly clumping that is gummy in the manner of rubber cement. It is hard to remove; I have found clumps of it in my lashes even after two days of not wearing makeup and double cleansing. Yes, it's waterproof. Yes, it's black. But, it's a horrible mascara.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

a year ago

Background: I have watery eyes and always get smudging by the end of the day, even with waterproof mascara. Great Lash, Annabelle, etc. have never done it for me. Saw a lot of great reviews about this mascara and bought it hopefully. Today was my first day using it, I applied two coats and about half of it had smudged off by the end of the night (after only about 6 hrs wear!), leaving a very noticeable dark smudge on my lower eyelid. Heard better things about the normal black version so might try that, but very disappointed and would not repurchase in carbon black.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

I love waterproof L’Oreal Voluminous mascaras, in general. This one is another great mascara in their line, except that t sometimes left black smudge marks on my upper lid/browbone (an area not typically oily on me). I would use it again but would opt for another voluminous mascara first.

About reviewer (300 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

It smudges really bad on me. I'm oily, and by the end of the day, I have black smears on the bottom of my eyes. Pass.

About reviewer (363 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I have used this for over a decade and love it! Doesn’t clump, adds good volume!

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium

HairOther

3.0

2 years ago

I re-bought this randomly because I used to swear by it in college. However, this time it smeared quite a bit (both top and bottom lids were full raccoon). Even the waterproof formula! I do have semi-oily skin, so I primed & set my lids extra to dissuade smearing but no luck, same unsightly lines. The tube is kind of clumpy and messy but not so much that it bothered me. The L'Oreal Fake Fiber Lashes is a muuuch better formula in my opinion -- doesn't smudge nearly as much, but this one makes my straight lashes look very feathered and long (fake fiber lashes clumps easily). I would definitely save the tube for a selfie though -- really does make my lashes look soo plush and not clumpy :'(

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrunette

2 years ago

This is my holy grail mascara. I always come back to this because it makes my short straight asian lashes hella voluminous. If your eyelashes don't hold curls very well then you need to use waterprrof mascara because it's oil based as opposed to water based. I always wear this over the l'oreal mascara primer and it never smudges when the two are put together. I also loved the sleek packaging. I will say that it can get clumpy after like three coats so I brush it out with an old cleaned mascara brush, focusing on the tips because I like the base to be the most voluminous. I would definitely recomend this.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2 years ago

I use waterproof mascara to hold the curl I create on my long but straight and downward pointing lashes. This holds curl fairly well and the carbon black defines that lashes beautifully but it smudges badly. I usually use the regular black Voluminous in black and it's fabulous. It seems like the extra pigment in this version makes it transfer and smudge. It's going in the garbage after trying to make it work for weeks.

About reviewer (259 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

As a disclaimer: my eyelashes are very lightly colored and grow almost straight downward. They need a good curl before any mascara and are lightweight enough that heavy products do not weigh them down and un-curl them! My skin is also normal to oily, which definitely contributes to products slipping and lasting for a shorter length of time than for people without oily skin. I was recommended this mascara by a friend, and also read a very positive review of it on a popular blog that I love. Unfortunately, this mascara just didn't hold up to its reputation for me. It certainly delivers a very deep, black pigment, which I really liked. It also made my lashes look thicker and longer, although not to the degree of other mascaras that I own (that, unfortunately for me, are about 3 times the price). The biggest negative for me is the fact that this slides off of my face within 3-4 hours, if not less. Despite the fact that the product is waterproof it does not have any long-lasting effect whatsoever. I found myself wiping mascara off from under my lower lash line only a few short hours into my (not sweaty, not overly taxing) work day. Given my long hours and frequent need for day-to-night transitions, I would not buy this mascara again because it could not stand up to even a short portion of my busy day!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age25-29