L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

2.6

Doesn't do much for me. I have short Asian lashes, try out better than Sex by too faced.

on 11/25/2016 4:01:00 PM

Love this mascara I use both the waterproof and the regular been doing so for years, it doesn't flake, it's long wearing, just like in the name voluminous it builds great volume... don't know why there's bad reviews seriously this is a very good product and It could stand up to any high-end mascara... this I know because I do use them as well

on 11/25/2016 11:24:00 AM

One word: smudge. Never again.

on 11/16/2016 10:47:00 PM

I bought this on accident. I love the original Carbon Black and was going for that but in my haste (well, actually the boyfriend gets impatient when I'm in the makeup aisles cuz I can spend hours there and he was giving me "the look"), I grabbed the waterproof version instead of the regular one. Sigh. So my critiques are these: it's thick, makes my eyelashes look clumpy, and it can flake off and fall on my cheeks. That seems to be true though of most, if not all, of the waterproof mascaras that I have tried before so I can't say that this formulation is bad. It's not terrible. I have been using it but I definitely will not buy the waterproof version again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Well, this is a surprising product for me because I really do not like the regular Voluminous mascara. The regular one did not do much of anything for my lashes. But I do like this Carbon Black. The brush is the kind I prefer, a brush with bristles rather than the plastic kind. It is very black, which always makes my eyes stand out more. I did not notice any flaking and no eye irritation at all. My lashes are of average length and volume on their own and this mascara really did enhance my natural lashes as well as adding volume and length and a bit of curl. The only issue I had with this was a very small amount of smudging by the end of the day. As a waterproof mascara, I expected that it would not do that. That was the only con. I think I could use this daily without that being a big problem, since it otherwise made my lashes look so good. It removes well with the Neutrogena or Equate Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover.
Mascara has been one of those products I have had a hard time with for a while, because it seems like every time I found something that worked, it would disappear from the stores. (How I miss the long lost LeGrand Curl form L'oreal!). I just do not have the budget to pay so much for high end products, so I usually stick with drugstore. And mascara has to be replaced so often, I just cannot justify spending twenty dollars a tube. This one was about $6 regular price, and I got it on sale for $3, so it was worth that! I'm glad I gave this a try even though I was not impressed with regular Voluminous. Who knows why it works better, but it does and now my lashes look really good again!

on 9/9/2016 12:21:00 AM

I can't understand the bad reviews either! I have been using this for over 10 years. Super black, thick lashes that aren't sticky or flaky. Lasts through a long work day and then some. I'd say it's about 75% waterproof - I've worn it swimming in the ocean and it can smudge a little under the eye. It also is the only mascara that I've tried that holds the curl of my lashes for as long as I'm wearing it - I have to use a curler on my lashes as they have no curl. A bit difficult to remove with regular make-up remover but I use Vaseline and a cotton pad and it comes off super easily. My absolute go-to fav!!!!!

I don't understand the bad reviews. I've been wearing this since they started making it. I sweat like crazy on a normal work day and it doesn't budge. I wipe the wand off lightly on tissue before applying and comb out my lashes with a eyelash comb afterwards, I repeat this like 4 times an eye because my lashes are blonde. End result= long thick dark plush lashes that last all day and night with NO smudges

on 6/19/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Good mascara but smudges like crazy if you're at the beach, runs so much if you accidentally wear in the shower or pool. Absolutely do not purchase for waterproof capabilities. Decent mascara otherwise.

on 5/6/2016 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. I'm one for a lot of volume in my mascara more than length because I feel volume works better for my lashes and makes my eyes look bigger.

The packaging is black and gold and looks very luxurious and high end. I also like the traditional brush because I find traditional brushes work much better for my lashes than rubber/plastic bristles do.
The formula is smooth and black, and my lashes are volumized and separated well. The only issue is I get a bit of smudging but I think that's just the way my body works with makeup so I'm not too worried about that. I can easily wipe my under eye no problem.

I also don't understand the bad reviews! If you're someone who likes more volume than length and traditional wands, then I recommend this mascara! HOLY GRAIL!

I am so disappointed by this mascara. It SMUDGES like crazy within minutes after I applied it even though it is a waterproof formula. Never have I hated a mascara so much. DO NOT BUY.

Popular Mascaras