L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

2.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love waterproof L’Oreal Voluminous mascaras, in general. This one is another great mascara in their line, except that t sometimes left black smudge marks on my upper lid/browbone (an area not typically oily on me). I would use it again but would opt for another voluminous mascara first.

on 1/12/2018 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

It smudges really bad on me. I'm oily, and by the end of the day, I have black smears on the bottom of my eyes. Pass.

on 1/11/2018 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this for over a decade and love it! Doesn’t clump, adds good volume!

on 1/4/2018 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I re-bought this randomly because I used to swear by it in college. However, this time it smeared quite a bit (both top and bottom lids were full raccoon). Even the waterproof formula! I do have semi-oily skin, so I primed & set my lids extra to dissuade smearing but no luck, same unsightly lines. The tube is kind of clumpy and messy but not so much that it bothered me. The L'Oreal Fake Fiber Lashes is a muuuch better formula in my opinion -- doesn't smudge nearly as much, but this one makes my straight lashes look very feathered and long (fake fiber lashes clumps easily).

I would definitely save the tube for a selfie though -- really does make my lashes look soo plush and not clumpy :'(

on 12/14/2017 6:19:00 PM

This is my holy grail mascara. I always come back to this because it makes my short straight asian lashes hella voluminous. If your eyelashes don't hold curls very well then you need to use waterprrof mascara because it's oil based as opposed to water based. I always wear this over the l'oreal mascara primer and it never smudges when the two are put together. I also loved the sleek packaging. I will say that it can get clumpy after like three coats so I brush it out with an old cleaned mascara brush, focusing on the tips because I like the base to be the most voluminous. I would definitely recomend this.

on 10/5/2017 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use waterproof mascara to hold the curl I create on my long but straight and downward pointing lashes.
This holds curl fairly well and the carbon black defines that lashes beautifully but it smudges badly. I usually use the regular black Voluminous in black and it's fabulous. It seems like the extra pigment in this version makes it transfer and smudge. It's going in the garbage after trying to make it work for weeks.

on 5/31/2017 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

As a disclaimer: my eyelashes are very lightly colored and grow almost straight downward. They need a good curl before any mascara and are lightweight enough that heavy products do not weigh them down and un-curl them! My skin is also normal to oily, which definitely contributes to products slipping and lasting for a shorter length of time than for people without oily skin.

I was recommended this mascara by a friend, and also read a very positive review of it on a popular blog that I love. Unfortunately, this mascara just didn't hold up to its reputation for me. It certainly delivers a very deep, black pigment, which I really liked. It also made my lashes look thicker and longer, although not to the degree of other mascaras that I own (that, unfortunately for me, are about 3 times the price). The biggest negative for me is the fact that this slides off of my face within 3-4 hours, if not less. Despite the fact that the product is waterproof it does not have any long-lasting effect whatsoever. I found myself wiping mascara off from under my lower lash line only a few short hours into my (not sweaty, not overly taxing) work day. Given my long hours and frequent need for day-to-night transitions, I would not buy this mascara again because it could not stand up to even a short portion of my busy day!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been trying to find a mascara that I love, and I'm not too sure about this one. I love how it lengthens my lashes and adds a little volume. The formula is watery which can be a curse cause it gets messy applying it or it can be a blessing cause it doesn't get clumpy. But the thing I hate the most about this mascara it taking it off. It can be so hard and time consuming trying to take this off. After using an eye makeup remover, washing my face, and taking a shower it is still on my lashes. It's most likely because it's waterproof, but I need that for the area and weather I live in. If you have a good eye makeup remover this probably won't be a problem. Overall I love how this mascara doesn't go on clumpy and how it makes my lashes look. But it's hard to take off some times and applying it can be messy. Oh I also like the cheap price and nice simple packaging.

on 4/21/2017 9:21:00 AM

I really wanted to love this. I DO love how my lashes look - it definitely builds volume, and really makes my eyes stand out. Unfortunately, it smudges like CRAZY. It's somehow smudgey AND flakey at the same time - I looked like a raccoon by the end of the day. When I hopped into the shower my eyes actually started to burn. Will not repurchase, or recommend this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

It smudges and without much effort. I didn't even put it on my lower lashes and I still ended up with mascara smudges under my eyes by simply walking around all day. Maybelline Great Lash (non-waterproof) did so much better, even when applied to my lower lashes.