L.A. Colors Liquid Eyeliner

L.A. Colors Liquid Eyeliner

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Polysorbate 20, Candelilla Wax (Candelilla cera), Carnauba Wax (Cera carnauba), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben. May contain: Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric ammonium ferrocyanide (CI 77510).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

PACKAGING:
This is the one in the straight tube (0.25 fl oz, 7ml), with slightly more product and a thicker, longer brush compared to their other teardrop shaped liquid liner (0.22 fl oz, 6.5ml). The brush has synthetic "hairs" which feel smooth on my sensitive lids and applies smoothly without skipping. I can achieve a medium to thick line, a bit messy for a beginner but after a couple of tries I found it easy to master. I do prefer the extremely thin line and control I can get with the tear drop brush but this is also good. It certainly is better than some other pricier brands I've tried! The trick to these type of brushes is to start one third across the eye, lay the brush almost flat against the lash and pull outward, then with the remaining amount on the brush go back and do the inner third of the line. This way you don't get excess product running into the eye ball then find yourself with black "boogers" collecting in the tear duct later in the day.

SHADE:
I have black/brown, a very dark cool-toned brown that dries to a matt finish. Also comes in brown and black.

FORMULA:
The formula is wet but doesn't run into my wrinkles. Its surprisingly well pigmented, and gives great definition. Drying time average, around a minute.

No scent, but I did find it stung my eyes where the teardrop one did not. I compared the ingredients list and this one says "may contain "Ferric ammonium ferrocyanide" which is a cyanide releasing coloring agent that is *warning* known to irritate eyes. The teardrop one uses other, safer color ingredients - so you may prefer that one if you have very sensitive eyes.

WEAR:
If I put it on thick cats eye I notice *slight* cracking, but not if I put a thin line. Was smudge proof and long wearing as it says.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY:
People in the US get this for $1 - $1.50 at discount stores like Big Lots, Dollar Tree. In New Zealand its $5 at The Warehouse stores, with special deals offered on L.A. Colors there occasionally.

BONUS:
L.A. Colors is a sister brand to Wet N' Wild and they are COMPLETELY cruelty free - because their parent company, Markwins, is Cruelty free. NO hiding animal testing by creating a sub-brand that looks squeaky clean while its parent company does the dirty work. Well done LA Colors.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For being a nonwaterproof liquid liner, this stays on pretty good!! It says "water resistant/smudgeproof" which is good but be warned this isn't your traditional waterproof formula. It dries to a beautiful black not shiny. The brush is an actual brush not felt tip (if you want a felt tip waterproof liquid eyeliner the LA Colors Grafixx eyeliner is awesome but this is a buck $1 & Grafixx is $4 & very difficult to find in brick-and-mortar stores, I've only ever seen it at one lone Kmart!). This eyeliner comes in a couple of different black versions but this 1 claims to be water resistant unlike the other $1 versions. My eyes are too rheumy to seriously entertain non waterproof eyeliners normally but this 1 I will use & I will try it on a day I take a nap & update my review. I think it works for every day but not extreme wear like a 16+ hour day or a horse show. I love the brush! It makes the best simple flick or cat eye. I did buy this fully well knowing it is water resistant not waterproof & it has decent wear if I'm going to wear it 6+ hours (no nap. Somehow a nap is always really a good challenge for eyeliner!!). I have really oily skin too so that is another obstacle.

To Read all 61 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/28/2015 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I mean, it was $2 eyeliner... I didn't expect much.

Pros:
-Very Black
- Sleek packaging

Cons:
-Smudges soooo easy
-Takes 57 years to dry
- Brush is a little awkward
- Doesn't last throughout the day, begins to get extremely patchy

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

For the price its exactly what I expected. Overtime it sheds/cracks and takes forever to dry when applied. But it does have a great stick that can create nice natural looking thin lines.

on 7/11/2015 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first liquid liner and the only one i've used. It's great and is this or thick depending on how you hold the brushcito to apply it. It's a very black black which makes a brown smokey eye just sexy pop when applied. I'll def. Buy it again.

I love this product i found it at a dollar tree and I figured I try it out because I was running out of eyeliner also it was my first time trying liquid eyeliner and so i tried it and loved it gave me the perfect wing I recommend this type of eye liner for people who don't like eyeliner that dose not tug of your skin and people who are just starting out with liquid eyeliner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was the worst eyeliner I have ever tried... A friend recommended this eyeliner to me and told me it was available at the dollar tree. I figured it was worth trying because the color looked like a matte black and since my friend was in water polo and it still stayed on after practice I was excited to see how it would work out especially since it was only $1. Well when I bought it, I first noticed that it was basically water, the color was awful. When I put it on it ran down my face and it had sort of a bad smell, the brush was really flimsy and hard to work with. I was really disappointed that it didn't work out for me.

I bought this for a buck at DG (Dollar General) because I wanted to start wearing liquid eyeliner. When I got home and tried to put it on I found it too difficult, but that's my own fault. So I had my sister put it on and let me tell you, It took literally 10 minutes to dry. Therefore, I don't like this. When I'm in a hurry I don't want to have to wait forever for it dry and if you open your eye before its done drying it runs down your face. So now I just use it if I have to draw something on my face for like a costume or something.

on 11/2/2014 1:09:00 AM

Beginning: Well when I first bought this product I wasn't expecting much. I was in Dollar General and I thought to myself, "Eh...this can't be that good but I really need eyeliner, so whatever."
So I bought it and have been using it for the past month. (I put eyeliner every day, so that should tell you how much there is!)

Pros: Very thick, stays on all day (literally, I've put it on at like 8am and didn't take it off until 7pm and it's still the same), easy wand, amazing for beginners of liquid eyeliner. It has a very fine tip, so if you would like to experiment with wings this is a good product!

Cons: Don't look up right after applying, because it is a wet product it will smear. This product seems to peel while removing, which can make washing off a lot harder.

My BEST advice: DO NOT GET ON YOUR EYELASHES----
I've had to literally peel off huge chucks of this product off of my eyelashes, because while I was applying some would drip down (because it's a wet formula) and that stuff stays STUCK on your lashes, so just be careful not to get this product on your lashes!

on 10/8/2014 2:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Its okay to apply but when I was wearing it my eyes were soooo itchy and when I took it off my eyes were red, and this hasn't happened with any other liquid eyeliner.