NYX Mosaic Powder Highlighter

NYX Mosaic Powder Highlighter
nyx mosaic powder and cream rouge (tea rose)Mosaic Powder HighlighterNyx Mosaic Highlighter

4.4

Magnesium Stearate, Talc, Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Squalane, Propylparaben, Iron Oxide Kaolin, Polyethylene/PTFE wax, Nylon 10, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, C.I. Pigment, Pearl Powder

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I don't really get the love for this one. It's a very fine shimmer and only shows up on my face when packed onto the skin (with a dense brush or with your fingers).

I have pretty dewy and shiny skin already, and sunscreen just adds to that, so it might just be me. Maybe you'll have better luck if you have very dry, matte skin.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

To be honest, at the first times I tried this product, I hated it so much. I wanted the frosty highlight that beauty gurus on YouTube wear in their videos and this highlighter doesn't give me that kind of look. Moreover, I bought it for 11 euros and I rarely spent that much money for a beauty product. But then I saw a beauty guru used powder highlighter to flick off the baking under the eyes instead of just using a clean brush, I decided to give this highlighter another go. It sets the concealer under the eye beautifully without excessive glitter and shimmer, which makes it a perfect highlighter for daily use. It grew on me and now I use it also for the highlight on my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, and on my cupid's bow. The powder is milled finely, the fallout is still in an acceptable rate. Sometimes it picks up too much of the pink part, but it's fine by me. The packaging is like your usual compact product, but the mosaic itself is quite cute.

on 12/17/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was so ready to love this product (drug store highlighters are not easy to find as we all know) but I just can't! I don't know what it is, maybe I got a defective one, but it is sooo hard to pick up any product. The only way I can get any colour (highlight that is) is to rub my finger really hard back and forth and then swatch it straight onto my face. Brushes don't pick up anything at all. Even when I do get a little glow on my cheak it only lasts for a very short time and does not show up very well on my very pale skin. I usually love NYX but this is a big thumbs down for me!!

on 12/14/2015 12:34:00 PM

Love the product , the powder is very loose so it is easy to apply and it gives the perfect finish and glow to a natural look

on 12/9/2015 1:09:00 AM

This is one of the best highlighters for one key reason - its hard to find a matte one as most are filled with fine glitter.

Product wise, the powder is finely milled and goes on nicely on the face. Problem with picking up the product is that sometimes you tend to get more of the purple / pink bits and makes your skin looks a little too pink if you are trying to use this as a highlighter. you got to apply this carefully and a little goes a long way. there isn't any scent and the powder is pleasant enough.

Packaging wise, the bits cracked up really quickly. So the part that was supposed to be pink broke up and i had to threw that part away, it wasn't a huge problem since i did not want my highlighter to be too pink but i can imagine how that would be annoying.

overall, a good non-glitter product that is easy on the pocket.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this highlight! It's the most natural one I own, but it's definitely still noticeable on the skin. It's not sparkly, but it gives a healthy glowy sheen to my fair skin. I use it as my everyday highlighter.

on 7/31/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oh how I wanted to love this. Being as pale as I am, I'm yet to find a highlighter that actually... highlights, and doesn't just blend into my skin. This was the case with the NYX Mosaic Highlighter. It didn't do anything bad for me, it just did nothing at all. Sometimes I see this little guy staring at me from my makeup bag and give it another go to no avail.

Obviously this product has worked for a lot of other reviewers with less Casper-y skin tones, and I'm still madly in love with the NYX line in general. This one was just a fail for me personally.

on 6/29/2015 4:38:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

An overlooked gem at the drugstore. This is a lovely, pearlescent highlighter that isn't shimmery or glittery. It has a subtle sheen and is very light in color, making it an excellent choice for light skin. The powder is also very smooth.

My complaints would be about the staying power (it isn't BAD, but it doesn't last all day like some of my other highlighters do) and the packaging: all the writing has rubbed off the lid, and the clear plastic is cracked, even though I haven't been at all hard on it.

If I remember correctly, I had to buy this online from Cherry Culture (back when they sold NYX), because it's not readily available in most of the stores that carry NYX. Still, I like it enough that I think it's worth tracking down online.

on 4/24/2015 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this highlighter. I use it over a well moisturized face after my makeup base is on and it puts a gentle light right where I need it. I have highlighters for day and night and this is my new go to for daytime.

really pretty highlighter which leans pink. its more glowy than glittery or shimmery. i wouldn't recommend this for warm skin tones but on cool or neutral skin it'd look beautiful. one of the best drugstore highlighters.