mark. costa rica gradual tan moisturizer

No Image

on 8/17/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I came across this gem because of all you girls. I think it was on the main product review the one day. I love anything that makes me tanned and has shimmer. I was so excited to get this. I finally got this in the mail today and I must say I already love it. I can't speak on how dark it will get me but when I swiped it on my arm it does make me look darker and I love the gold shimmer. I purchased the medium to dark. The smell is just a fresh smell and its not overpowering whatsoever. I will update to see how dark this will get me once I have used it a few times. But ladies, thanks again for introducing me to such a great product. This really reminds me of all the super expensive tan enhancers you find at sephora for 40 or more bucks. I also liked how when you get the product it comes sealed. I mean when you take the lid off you have to peel this sticker off to get the product out.

Update: Okay, so this is day two of using this. It makes me a shade darker when I put this on and it does illuminate my skin. It doesn't just have gold glimmer it also has illuminators, which, makes your skin look flawless. I find that this evens out the redness in my arms. I don't know yet about how much permanent color this will give. The smell is a little artificial but it disappears quickly. But I bought another two because of the way it makes my skin look. I also haven't had an issue with this rubbing off on anything either.I did notice that this stuff dries super quick, so you have to rub the product in quick. Last night I didn't exfoliate before applying this and it was a little streaky. But today when I exfoliated, I found the application much easier! :D

Update: Been using this for at least 5 days now. This stuff is amazing. I just love it. It does give good color on my arms, which is the hardest part of my body to tan. I do tan in a tanning bed, so I can't really see the FULL effect of how much color this would give if you didn't tan at all. I just love the gold glimmer and bronzeness it gives my skin. You can only see the gold shimmer in direct sunlight or under a direct light. I do still have a little problem with streaking on my upper arms and one part on my leg but I don't think its the products fault. I just need to pay closer attention to make sure to rub it in the best I can. I have ordered another 3 in the medium to dark. My co-worker also said that I smelled nice when I had this on. So its not offensive tan smell at all. I also emailed mark and told them never stop making this product!! haha. I also find that this is a light moisturizer. Usually thought at night I use a deeper moisturizer or aloe vera gel. I more or less use this as a tanning product, so I didn't expect a heavy duty moisturizer. If you are debating about purchasing this, I would say yes! Its worth every penny. It will also last a long time because you don't need a ton of product even if you do your whole body!.

on 6/24/2009 3:38:00 PM

I really like this self tanner. It smells great, not like the typical self tanner. It dried very quickly, and my skin didn't feel sticky. The shimmer is a bit much, (and I like shimmer) but it seems perfect on my legs. The color also develops really fast and you notice the color after using it for just one day. I would absolutely repurchase this product.

on 6/4/2009 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I like this stuff! I felt like a total sucker when I bought it right after I discovered it through Cosmopolitan's website. Haha, I'm glad I did though. I can't even bring myself to use Jergens Natural Glow again because the smell bothers me so much. I have only used this for three days but I like the results so far. It has a very pleasant scent. It's fresh and fruity but it doesn't smell too sweet and it is not overbearing like most tanners. It also very lightly moisturizes and it leaves a gorgeous shimmer on your skin. As a few of the other reviewers said, the shimmer can possibly be too much. If you can avoid over-applying it, it is not unbearable and will add a nice glow. For now I will leave my rating at four lippies, only because I'm still waiting to see more of a result with the tanner itself. Even if it isn't a a tremendous result, it still is a nice product and definitely worth trying.

on 5/19/2009 3:33:00 PM

Well, I certainly have gotta hand it to mark. for creating this product! The packaging is adorable and makes me feel like taking a trip to the Costa Rican rainforest. It's a squeeze tube so it's easily dispensible, my only gripe is that the top gets a little excess residue in the bottom and you can see it because it's clear. :[
When I first opened up the tube it was love at first sniff. It really smells like a Costa Rican vacation with fresh fruits, bananas and something else that I can't quite put my finger on... not complaining, it smells delicious.
As far as a moisturizer and self tanner goes, it's not really that great. It does the job, but I've used better. Luckily it's got some bronzer in it already so you can see where you've applied lotion to avoid any streaking, but I've found that no matter what I still get streaky, especially on my legs. A lot of tiny golden glimmer is in the lotion which is adorable but there's A LOT and sometimes I don't really need all that. Definitely cute though, and it lasts forever. The scent stays, but there is a very slight self-tanner scent in the dry-down. Not exactly my favorite, but it can be avoided through the use of the Costa Rica spray or anything else, and it doesn't last that long and it's not even too strong of a self tanner scent in the first place.
Overall a decent product. I probably will repurchase when I run out just because it smells soo good and I like the golden glimmer. Most other tanners don't smell this great!

This really is a great self tanner. I took one lippie off because I thought it was a little too shimmery. Overall I will go back to it because it doesn't have the awful self tanner smell.