DHC Moisture Care Lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Combination
DHC Moisture Care Lipstick

3.6

triethylhexanoin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyglyceryl-10 nonaisostearate, diisostearyl malate, phytosteryl isostearyl dimer dilinoleate, trimethyl pentaphenyl trisiloxane, glyceryl/polyglyceryl-6 isostearate/behenate esters, polyethylene, ceresin, microcrystalline wax/cire microcristalline, synthetic wax, calcium aluminum borosilicate, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, calcium sodium borosilicate, candelilla wax esters, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, tocopherol, squalane, aluminum hydroxide, silica, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, sorbitan isostearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, tribehenin, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, water/eau, hydrolyzed collagen, pentylene glycol, palmitoyl oligopeptide, titanium dioxide, mica, red 7, yellow 5 lake, blue 1 lake, iron oxides. May contain/peut contenir: yellow 6 lake, red 6.

on 5/14/2017 9:13:00 AM

I got this in plum. It is a deep mauve pink. Goes on quite sheer. Very moisturizing. The case is beautiful. Glides on like a balm or stick gloss. Low on pigmentation.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This collection is massively growing on me, and I love them more and more as I use them.

I have four of these - OR03, PK04, RD10 and WN12. I got them for free as a gift from DHC - I don't think I would've picked them up on my own, as I tend to go for very pigmented, matte lipsticks in dark or bold shades.

But boy, am I using these babies up! They're sheer and glossy without really being shimmery, but provide just enough colour that the shades are really quite different. They're perfect for those days when you just can't be bothered to wear lipstick, but don't want to go out with a naked lip.

They're also moisturising and deeply hydrating - not quite to the level of the DHC lip cream, but good enough that you can use them in the place of Chapstick in a pinch, and they'll do a better job than, say, Babylips.

On the downside, they don't last particularly long. Expect a similar duration of wear as lipgloss, minus all the sticky grossness. You'll need to reapply.
Also, if you get more than one shade, the packaging is literally indistinguishable unless you keep the cardboard boxes - no colour name or number, no sticker, nothing, you have to open it to check which colour it is. Can be a bit annoying, so I keep them in their boxes to save me the hassle. The packaging is real metal and super cute, though.

All in all, it's a no-fuss, high payoff look for lazybones.

on 1/25/2015 12:04:00 PM

I bought this as an every day lipstick for the office, because I wanted something easy to apply and just pigmented enough to add a little life to my face without screaming lipstick. I am very happy with this: it`s a discreet color(RD01, a red) without being too nude or sheer and it`s very moisturizing. I find it lasts longer if applied with a brush, but it`s really not a long lasting lipstick. However, at this price, I feel I can be a little forgiving.

on 5/15/2012 3:57:00 PM

This lipstick gives the look of a gloss in lipstick form--it's very shiny, but has no shimmers or glitter, which is great for summer. It's sheer, but has just enough color to show but only if if you apply it a few times. I got Pepperberry, which is a bright pink, but looked much lighter on my pale lips. Feels very moisturizing too. These are like glossier Revlon Lip Butters, but leave less stain unless applied a lot--but I need more lasting color for my pale lips.

I have this lipstick in Camelot Rose. It's a very sheer, fairly moisturizing lipstick for a minimal makeup day. Dinged off a few lippies for the fact that it's shimmery (which I hate) and the swatches are not very accurate to color at all. It's a nice color, but cooler than I was expecting (the swatch is more in the dusty rose/Chanel Mademoiselle family, and the actual lippie has a lot more lavender mixed into the rose). It comes in a shiny pink metal tube, not very bulky but also not as sturdy seeming as it might be, with a floral pattern frosted onto the surface of the metal.