DHC Moisture Care Lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Dry
DHC Moisture Care Lipstick

4.3

triethylhexanoin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyglyceryl-10 nonaisostearate, diisostearyl malate, phytosteryl isostearyl dimer dilinoleate, trimethyl pentaphenyl trisiloxane, glyceryl/polyglyceryl-6 isostearate/behenate esters, polyethylene, ceresin, microcrystalline wax/cire microcristalline, synthetic wax, calcium aluminum borosilicate, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, calcium sodium borosilicate, candelilla wax esters, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, tocopherol, squalane, aluminum hydroxide, silica, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, sorbitan isostearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, tribehenin, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, water/eau, hydrolyzed collagen, pentylene glycol, palmitoyl oligopeptide, titanium dioxide, mica, red 7, yellow 5 lake, blue 1 lake, iron oxides. May contain/peut contenir: yellow 6 lake, red 6.

I got this lippie free after some discounts and a gift certificate. The color selection is limited, which I think is due to this being a Japanese based company, but since they were described as sheer, i figured the colors would be a little more flexible. I ordered Sweetpea which is listed on the box as PK04. The swatches on the website and in the catalong are way off, and as far as I'm concerned, the description of the color. This isn't a nude beige, at least on me. I'm fair with meduim pigmented lips, and this comes across as a touch of almost coral but on the cool side. This does have some shimmer, which I usually avoid, however here it's very fine and not an issue. It brings my normal lip color down half a notch, but adds a pinky coral cast with some shimmer and glossy shine Perfect color for spring/summer or for a finished look.. It's comfortable enough, and I get no taste or smell. This color will show flakes on dry lips, so you have to exfoliate before wearing, but it should help the condition as it has moisturizing ingriedients such as olive oil. Lasts a couple hours...comparable with most products of this type. One lippie off for size...this seemed on the small side for a full tube of product...it is 2.4 g, while a MAC lippie is 3 g. Other than that, it's a nice product. I would probably purchase another, but not at full price, which I believe was $14.50.

on 1/30/2012 9:16:00 AM

I bought these when first introduced in May/June 2011 of last year. I can't praise this lipstick enough. It glides on and gives the prettiest shine, and the color is just the right amount of pigment. So moisturizing and never dries out my lips like some lipsticks can do. Have one each in the Camelot Rose and Whisper Pink. I received a new DHC catalog and there are four new colors in Clementine, Pepperberry, Sweetpea and Brown Sugar. I might have to buy the Pepperberry and Sweetpea this time. The color swatches on DHC website is fairly accurate.

ETA: I purchased the Sweet Pea and Pepperberry. I didn't like the Sweet Pea, as it was more like a nude beige, and not flattering for my light skintone. The Pepperberry is a keeper. It is a pretty watermelon shade and looks better on me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Oh lala! This is wow!, a very nice, cute and super cheap Lipstick of new range of DHC Perfect Pro Makeup, i really like it, mine is PK04 a very super sexy pinky color as Kiss Kiss Guerlain, perfect for everyday, anytime...