DHC Moisture Care Lipstick

DHC Moisture Care Lipstick

triethylhexanoin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyglyceryl-10 nonaisostearate, diisostearyl malate, phytosteryl isostearyl dimer dilinoleate, trimethyl pentaphenyl trisiloxane, glyceryl/polyglyceryl-6 isostearate/behenate esters, polyethylene, ceresin, microcrystalline wax/cire microcristalline, synthetic wax, calcium aluminum borosilicate, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, calcium sodium borosilicate, candelilla wax esters, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, tocopherol, squalane, aluminum hydroxide, silica, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, sorbitan isostearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, tribehenin, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, water/eau, hydrolyzed collagen, pentylene glycol, palmitoyl oligopeptide, titanium dioxide, mica, red 7, yellow 5 lake, blue 1 lake, iron oxides. May contain/peut contenir: yellow 6 lake, red 6.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This collection is massively growing on me, and I love them more and more as I use them.

I have four of these - OR03, PK04, RD10 and WN12. I got them for free as a gift from DHC - I don't think I would've picked them up on my own, as I tend to go for very pigmented, matte lipsticks in dark or bold shades.

But boy, am I using these babies up! They're sheer and glossy without really being shimmery, but provide just enough colour that the shades are really quite different. They're perfect for those days when you just can't be bothered to wear lipstick, but don't want to go out with a naked lip.

They're also moisturising and deeply hydrating - not quite to the level of the DHC lip cream, but good enough that you can use them in the place of Chapstick in a pinch, and they'll do a better job than, say, Babylips.

On the downside, they don't last particularly long. Expect a similar duration of wear as lipgloss, minus all the sticky grossness. You'll need to reapply.
Also, if you get more than one shade, the packaging is literally indistinguishable unless you keep the cardboard boxes - no colour name or number, no sticker, nothing, you have to open it to check which colour it is. Can be a bit annoying, so I keep them in their boxes to save me the hassle. The packaging is real metal and super cute, though.

All in all, it's a no-fuss, high payoff look for lazybones.

on 1/25/2015 12:04:00 PM

I bought this as an every day lipstick for the office, because I wanted something easy to apply and just pigmented enough to add a little life to my face without screaming lipstick. I am very happy with this: it`s a discreet color(RD01, a red) without being too nude or sheer and it`s very moisturizing. I find it lasts longer if applied with a brush, but it`s really not a long lasting lipstick. However, at this price, I feel I can be a little forgiving.

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

I got this lippie free after some discounts and a gift certificate. The color selection is limited, which I think is due to this being a Japanese based company, but since they were described as sheer, i figured the colors would be a little more flexible. I ordered Sweetpea which is listed on the box as PK04. The swatches on the website and in the catalong are way off, and as far as I'm concerned, the description of the color. This isn't a nude beige, at least on me. I'm fair with meduim pigmented lips, and this comes across as a touch of almost coral but on the cool side. This does have some shimmer, which I usually avoid, however here it's very fine and not an issue. It brings my normal lip color down half a notch, but adds a pinky coral cast with some shimmer and glossy shine Perfect color for spring/summer or for a finished look.. It's comfortable enough, and I get no taste or smell. This color will show flakes on dry lips, so you have to exfoliate before wearing, but it should help the condition as it has moisturizing ingriedients such as olive oil. Lasts a couple hours...comparable with most products of this type. One lippie off for size...this seemed on the small side for a full tube of product...it is 2.4 g, while a MAC lippie is 3 g. Other than that, it's a nice product. I would probably purchase another, but not at full price, which I believe was $14.50.

on 5/15/2012 3:57:00 PM

This lipstick gives the look of a gloss in lipstick form--it's very shiny, but has no shimmers or glitter, which is great for summer. It's sheer, but has just enough color to show but only if if you apply it a few times. I got Pepperberry, which is a bright pink, but looked much lighter on my pale lips. Feels very moisturizing too. These are like glossier Revlon Lip Butters, but leave less stain unless applied a lot--but I need more lasting color for my pale lips.

on 1/30/2012 9:16:00 AM

I bought these when first introduced in May/June 2011 of last year. I can't praise this lipstick enough. It glides on and gives the prettiest shine, and the color is just the right amount of pigment. So moisturizing and never dries out my lips like some lipsticks can do. Have one each in the Camelot Rose and Whisper Pink. I received a new DHC catalog and there are four new colors in Clementine, Pepperberry, Sweetpea and Brown Sugar. I might have to buy the Pepperberry and Sweetpea this time. The color swatches on DHC website is fairly accurate.

ETA: I purchased the Sweet Pea and Pepperberry. I didn't like the Sweet Pea, as it was more like a nude beige, and not flattering for my light skintone. The Pepperberry is a keeper. It is a pretty watermelon shade and looks better on me.

I have this lipstick in Camelot Rose. It's a very sheer, fairly moisturizing lipstick for a minimal makeup day. Dinged off a few lippies for the fact that it's shimmery (which I hate) and the swatches are not very accurate to color at all. It's a nice color, but cooler than I was expecting (the swatch is more in the dusty rose/Chanel Mademoiselle family, and the actual lippie has a lot more lavender mixed into the rose). It comes in a shiny pink metal tube, not very bulky but also not as sturdy seeming as it might be, with a floral pattern frosted onto the surface of the metal.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best lipstick ever! It is the first long-lasting lipstick that I've tried which actually moisturizes my lips. I bought sugar plum which is a beautiful color. It's very close to the natural color of my lips but enhances the color and makes my lips look gorgeous. The lipstick's packaging is really cute and the lipstick itself is small and easy to carry around.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Oh lala! This is wow!, a very nice, cute and super cheap Lipstick of new range of DHC Perfect Pro Makeup, i really like it, mine is PK04 a very super sexy pinky color as Kiss Kiss Guerlain, perfect for everyday, anytime...