GIVENCHY Photo'Perfexion Fluid Foundation SPF 20

Filtered by hair type : Curly
GIVENCHY Photo'Perfexion Fluid Foundation SPF 20
Givenchy-Photo Perfexion Fluid FoundationPhoto'Perfexion Fluid Foundation SPF 20

3.5

TITAINIUM DIOXIDE: 3.16 OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE): 2.997AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, SACCHAROMYCES/XYLINUM BLACK TEA FERMENT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, SILICA, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, ACRYLATES / DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE / DICAPRATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ALUMINA, GLYCERIN, SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, LECITHIN, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DIMETHICONE, SODIUM CITRATE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, CITRIC ACID, DISODIUM DISTYRYLBIPHENYL DISULFONATE, ARTEMISIA CAPILLARIS FLOWER EXTRACT, BHT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, GERANIOL, BIOTIN. [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491 - CI 77492 - CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), MICA].

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been searching for the perfect foundation for years and I am so happy to have found it in this elegant, gorgeous product. I purchased it after reading rave reviews on the Sephora site. I got it in 4 Perfect Vanilla and it's a perfect color match for my super-pale NC15 yellow-undertoned skin. It is neither too matte or too dewy - just melts into the skin with a natural finish. Coverage is medium and buildable. Doesn't highlight flakes and doesn't look cakey when layered. Has a moist, not greasy, feel that is great for my dry skin. EDIT 5/15: After using this for a week, I have realized it has no staying power. So sad to say I will be returning this. I tried it with 4 different primers but none of them could keep this from disappearing by noon. I also tried a few different powders (pressed and loose) and they also didn't improve the staying power. Worse, applying powder with a kabuki just rubbed off all the foundation, even when I was very gentle. It's like it never really sets completely so it transfers. So back it goes - total bummer because it's the best color match I've ever found and the finish is perfection. *sniff sniff*

on 3/20/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation. I tend to use this one everyday. I use the shade #4 Vanilla and it matches perfect. I use the Sephora 55 airbrush to buff it in. I do use other foundations but they tend to always be a tad to yellow if I am not careful. This foundation reminds me of GA LSF just not as yellow and it does not show up every dry flake on my skin. I will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for a few weeks and I really like it so far. I got this in perfect petal, which is a good match for my fair, pink-toned skin, but it can sometimes appear orangey. This foundation does a lovely job of evening out my skintone and covering redness, but it does not cover up old acne scars/pimples well enough, so I find that a concealer is needed. This gives my skin a nice glow without making me look like a greaseball (I have oily skin). I do need to blot after a few hours, but that's usually a given for me. It does emphasize dry skin though, so definitely moisturize well before applying. It smells nice (although very perfume-y). I also like the pump bottle, which keeps it sanitary. It's expensive, but I only need one pump for my face, so the bottle should last quite a while. Overall, I'm very pleased and if I don't find some reason to hate this, it would be a repurchase for me.
ETA: I've changed my rating from a 4 to a 2. This turns orange on me, and the lasting power is quite weak. I'll be returning this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am coming back to wearing makeup, especially foundation after years of not doing it. Finding a foundation has been a less than exciting task, as my skin now that I'm pushing 40 does not look anything remotely like what it did when I was wearing a lot of it 20 years ago.
Foundations look cakey, gather into fine lines. Of course it's easier to get a smooth covering on a smooth surface. On top of that I am using Renova, so I have dry flakey patches some days that get highlighted by adding makeup.
Then I tried this foundation, and the even finish is so perfect! Smooth, satiny, evens out my skintone, and doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup. I get a little shiny after a couple of hours (always happens with my otherwise dry skin when I wear foundation), but a quick powder touch up takes care of that.
And it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup at all, just like my skin is smooth and transclucent again! I can't even take any points off for Givenchy not making a light enough shade for me (very fair), as this foundation has such a superbly airbrushed natural finish that looks 10 times better than any other foundation that comes closer to matching my skintone. Yes, I would like a shade lighter, and yes, it's expensive, but I had almost given up on foundation so this is a wonderful surprise. I have not found anything else that even comes close.

Update 10/14/10:
It worked wonderfully in humid New York summer, but can look a bit thick in dry cold Sweden. And it seems to exaggerate my forehead lines after some time. One lippie off. But nothing can beat it during the first couple of hours, radiant, transclucent looking skin. But I probably won't repurchase.