Givenchy Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

Givenchy Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

on 7/27/2016 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

A bit about me - I used to work at a big makeup retailer and have tried many, many, many foundations out there; seriously, you name it, I've probably played with it.

My skin - I have pale (part neutral part red undertones - it depends on what mood my skin is) *a sidenote, for those of you who are of deeper tones and you think pale people have it easier, absolutely not. Its the medium range people who have it easy and can find a million options for them. If you are like me and can see all your veins, your freckles are pink and you are about the shade of snow - it is frustratingly complicated to find a shade that matches. In this line however, I find I am Vanilla which I want to say is #4, how there can be lighter shades really blows me away. My skin is very SENSITIVE (I break out or seem to be allergic to a lot of stuff out there and therefore, finding a product that covers my whole face can be a bit of a nightmare) and combination skin that tends to be more dry but gets randomly oily - break up gross on the nose and eyebrow area. I do tend to use a primer and finishing product (but not necessarily all the time), however because I tend to use a different primer on the weekly, I don't find that these types of products alter the wear/look/affect of the foundation.

**If you are a WOC please know that this foundation range is weak sauce and unfortunately it does not go as deep as it really should. If you are looking for a line that can meet your needs I recommend you check out Cover FX, Lancome, or Armani for something similar. I have also heard good things about Marc Jacobs Genius Gel.

The details - All that being said, I have never found a foundation that can compete with this liquid gold. It has great lasting power (even on my dry spots, plus it doesn't cling); and while I do use a finishing powder or spray, I would say it can still stay relatively well throughout a normal work day on it's own. It has a more dewy look to it, which can be minimized with powder, but looks so true to real skin it makes me want to cry. Now, having worked with makeup I am the first to tell you that makeup plays differently according to who is wearing it - BUT, not this stuff! I actually tried this out due to a recommendation from someone who has very OILY, acne scar (and active acne) textured skin. She too has found the product to give her the most natural look while delivering SUPER HIGH COVERAGE, blurring effects and radiance. The biggest difference is that she uses a powder to finish everything off. It does have sunscreen in it, so be aware when taking photos (that might be the only downside but I am no model, so its not that big of a deal to me).

Scent - In terms of scent, I have never really noticed much. It has a slightly fresh scent to it, but not anything overwhelming.

Wear - as I said it is very high coverage, dewy but true-to-skin foundation. The formula blurs texture, doesn't sit in fine lines, and seems to hydrate without giving me more oil in my problem areas.

Application - use a beauty blender, a brush or your fingers - they all work and you get the same beautiful results. I have heard many people say "its about application, not price." Sure, in fact some lower cost budget items can perform great, just as some high end products can suck, hard. BUT, when comparing this to drugstore foundations, this stuff has no competition. The application is almost fool-proof and I find that it's ease makes it great for beginners and experts alike.

Price - Do I love spending $51 on foundation that lasts me like 4 months (if I am lucky)? No. Does anyone love spending that much on foundation? I doubt it. I wish it were cheaper, but its not and while I have tried to find a dupe, I have not had luck and I know that I cannot use anything else. What can I say, my skin is a snobby bratty organ. Whereas other products just sit on my face, this stuff becomes a part of my skin and makes it look like I am wearing nothing. It plays well with my concealers which are from LA Girl and Maybelline. In the past it has also played nice with concealers from NARS, Marc Jacobs and Cover FX.

This is a lot of info but I just love this stuff and cannot say enough great things and really recommend it for everyone looking for a foundation that gives them great coverage without looking cakey.

on 5/18/2016 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product has completely changed my perspective on foundation. I've always gone for full coverage, opaque foundation. When you are matched w/the right color, this product will melt and disappear into your skin, taking with it any imperfection! I have this in Perfect Beige, and it is JUST that, perfect! I'm very fair with warm undertones. I have a lot of pink in my face, so its a bit of a task to balance me out. I've found my holy grail. The color and formula are perfect for me. It actually looks like my skin even after several layers to maximize coverage. I highly recommend!!!

To Read all 97 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/18/2016 3:03:00 PM

I love Givenchy foundations. This one work great on all skin types. This foundation on my normal to dry skin gives a satin finished and very creamy, This foundation gives me medium coverage but I have no skin issue. This is not a long wear foundation but it last me all day at work. I will buy this foundation again. I'm in shade Perfect Gold.

I fell in-love with this foundation at first swatch. I was in Melbourne's new Sephora, and was just supposed to look around. Sephora didn't have a stock of the colour I wanted so I ordered online.

However, I got the wrong shade, Perfect Praline. I think I am #3 Perfect Sand. I'm blaming Sephora's lighting.

For reference, I'm a MAC NC20. Chanel VA B10. GA Lasting 4.5.

I plan to return this today. For the price I expected way more. It looked like your typical drugstore foundation. The coverage is LIGHT. It did not cover anything on my face. And the wear is not long. I do not have oily skin at all and this foundation wears off after three hours. I expected decent coverage and wear for the price ($50)!! I can get cheaper foundations that work way better than this.

on 7/17/2015 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this at Sephora when I was having trouble finding a good match in the new Nars foundation, which ended up itching after a few hours.

My skin is combination that can shift to oily in humid weather and can become dry in winter or in a desert climate. The oil is always in the T-zone.

Perfect Vanilla 4 really is a good match for my skin. I have fair to light skin. My biggest complaint with most companies, including but not exclusively Estee Lauder, is that whenever they develop light shades they want to make them pink or yellow, and to get beige you have to go to the medium shades, which are then too dark. This one blends perfectly. It dries a bit lighter than it looks wet.

In general, with all foundations, salespeople who want to match you are often not considering what the foundation will look like fifteen or twenty minutes later when it's dry. Many of them oxidize, despite claims. I usually insist on doing some other shopping and walking around in different light before I go back to the counter.

I usually wear Sand in Bobbi Brown, although sometimes Warm Ivory, and Perfect Vanilla 4 is similar to Sand, a neutral that's not too pink or too yellow. On the Sephora website when you select this color the photo looks pale pink, but the foundation is NOT pink. In real life it looks light beige.

I apply with a dry sponge and the coverage is light to medium. I get more coverage than a tinted moisturizer or BB cream, but less than Estée Lauder Double Wear. Photo Perfexion doesn't look mask-like. It doesn't feel heavy. If I have redness I want to cover I have to use a concealer with this as well. I don't use a beauty blender. If you dampen your sponge, be it round, wedge, or egg-shaped, before you apply foundation, your coverage may be more sheer than the coverage I get with a dry sponge.

I would say the finish is satin matte because it's not as matte as something like Double Wear but it's definitely not one of those dewy moisturizing ones either. This makes it a really nice choice for normal or combination skin, or slightly oily. I was surprised at how much I liked this foundation.

I always use powder. This helps set the foundation and minimizes pores around the nose and chin. I do not use a primer most of the time, and if I do, it probably has SPF. Slippery primers made mostly of silicone are not necessarily going to extend the wear. Some primers do the opposite. I like the finish of this foundation regardless of whether I use a primer, but if texture is a concern for you (acne, bumps, large pores) you may want fuller coverage.

SPF 20 is appreciated and good enough for an average day of errands and work. For the beach you'll need something more.

Non-irritating. Fragrance-free

Has a pump dispenser. I like pumps for keeping the product airtight and it's less messy than an open neck bottle. Of course, with pumps, when you start to run out, you have to unscrew the cap to coax the last bit out. This is true of all pumps.

The price of Givenchy Photo Perfexion is $50, which is high, but less than Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk, which is $62. Smashbox Studio Skin is $42 and Benefit Hello Flawless is $36. I have to admit that I alternated this foundation with a cheaper one on weekends or days when I wasn't likely to see lots of people to save money. I wish it weren't so costly.

Overall I've been really pleased with it and have used it up completely, which is a good sign.

I would buy again based on performance, but I will probably wait until I've used up some of my cheaper ones. I usually have two or three foundations in rotation at any given time.

on 7/12/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my holy grail foundation. It does make my uneven skin tone look flawless as the name indicates...the finish looks airbrushed with a slight amount of dew...it makes me look like I have naturally glowing skin (which I don't) . The only reason I don't rate it 5 stars is because I wish it had a little more staying power. With a primer, it lasts for about 6 hrs in the New York summer humidity. Not bad but ALL day would be even better. I apply with a damp beauty blender. You don't get as flawless of a finish with a brush.
I use the color perfect Amber- gorgeous and matches my skin PERFECTLY.
I'm an NC42 in Mac - I have combination skin

on 3/4/2015 12:26:00 PM

I might return to this foundation in the summer, but it's not hydrating enough for winter use on my skin. It didn't flake on me or anything, but I did feel a lot of tightness in my forehead whenever I wore this. Overall it's a great foundation and the only other complaint I have is that the lightest shade was just a little too dark for me.

For me, pores are a big issue. And everytime I tried foundation in sephora, I always find that almost all foundation will settle in my pores, I tried Dior airflash, La Prairie foundation, smash box. This one doesnt. And it smells good, with a soft smooth feeling. Will purchase again

on 2/7/2015 3:52:00 PM

I have mature skin but I have good skin. I love this foundation. No one recommended it, wait, one of the girls at Sephora did. I usually use Nars Sheer Glow which I also love. This has just a bit more coverage and has a great soft finish. I feel confident in this with no need to go elsewhere. I don't know why I'm the only person that doesn't like the Armani foundation but I just love this one. It's not heavy, it seems to last all day, my natural coloring comes thru and that's really all I'm looking for.