4.5

on 1/8/2016 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm not sure where to put this review but here seems like the best place. I bought Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil because it was the only coconut oil sold at my Walmart. I use it exclusively for preventing razor burn post-shaving, and it works better than anything else I've ever tried! I transferred some of the contents from the jar (hard to reach into) to a small tupperware container I keep in my bathroom. I put this stuff on my bikini line (especially) and legs every morning and definitely right after shaving! I sometimes use it under my arms but it creates a barrier between my armpit and my deodorant so I don't do that if I have somewhere to go.

This is the ONLY stuff I have found to prevent razor burn bumps, especially along my bikini line where my skin rubs against material all day. It's very soothing, easy to use (at least in small amounts) and is no big deal if it rubs onto other things (won't leave marks on your pants or anything like that.) As for its moisturizing power, I prefer Equate Ultra Restoring Skin Therapy Lotion (or for my face, Equate's version of Aveeno) but nothing...and I mean nothing...beats coconut oil for post-shaving!

on 1/6/2016 8:43:00 PM

I have long curly hair that is almost to my elbows. So it tangles easily and it tangles a lot..but not since i started using this stuff about two months ago now and it works really well. My hair stopped shedding and my scalp, hair follicles, and my hair are a lot healthier and I wasn't so into the smell but i keep it in for 6 hours usually and I wash my hair first then i let it air dry because i've heard that it makes a huge difference when nothing is blocking the hair follicles so that the coconut oil will go the deepest it can in the hair.

My hair is easier to brush too and i love that
It keeps my hair from breaking and it's been growing so much faster and it's a lot shinier and softer. But keep in mind that coconut oil is very helpful and oiling hair does save it from damage but i also don't use heat on my hair i don't dye it or bleach it. I haven't had to cut my hair in months because my ends have been healthy. I use the search and destroy method on my hair and while coconut oil does make dead ends look better and less noticeable it's still better to cut them off.

Another thing that makes me REALLY excited and content with this oil is that my hair went from being about an inch past my chest to almost to my elbows and i haven't even been using it for six months so in this along with my normal hair routine has made my hair so much better and longer and way stronger than it used to be. I already bought more of it and it's one of the best things I've ever used for my hair.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've been using this as a deep conditioner after I color my hair and it works better than anything in the salon.

on 6/15/2015 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I am biracial and my hair isn't always the easiest to manage. I use to flat iron my hair ALL the time but lately I've decided to grow my hair. I've been using coconut oil once a week for about 6months and let me just say that my hair has never been this healthy. I do take vitamins as well. My ends are a lot healthier and my hair isn't as dry. I basically just heat some up in the microwave in a bowl and cover my ends and massage into my scalp. I then put a loose elastic in to just hold my hair together and out a shower cap over top. I leave it on my hair for minimum 2hours and rise it out using a Sulfate free shampoo and condition with Garnier Damage Eraser Butter. I then rise with cold water and put Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser for split ends and let my hair air dry. I have tried coconut oil for any other reason so I can only comment on using it for hair and I do recommend it!

on 6/12/2015 8:08:00 PM

Although this doesn't need anymore reviews(Everybody and their mother knows about coconut oil..I love it and wanted to review it. Like some other reviews I don't like to use on my hair,there are better hair masks out there.I do love it for nails,brows,lashes and a shaving oil. It does make sparse brows grow in fuller.I also Iike to cook with it,it's good for u,and I've made and eye cream with this and vitamin E it's as good as expensive eye creams in my opinion and it's natural.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Coconut oil does not work well for my skin or hair.
Leaves my hair feeling yucky, tangled, and actually looking worse then before using this.
I have tried using it several ways and also giving it time to work but in the end it was a total fail.
I love coconut oil for health benefits in cooking but not for anything else.

on 5/7/2015 10:12:00 AM

Miracle in a jar - I use this for my skin, nails, hair, oil pulling. You can't get any better than this. Coconut oil is really a miracle product, makes me hair super soft and full of life, my skin soft and moisturized, gets rid of scars and stretch marks. I will continue getting this until I die!

on 3/10/2015 5:59:00 AM

I agree with Steinbach. If your hair hates protein then this is not for you. Tried many different times and this leaves my hair in worse condition then before I started. Dried and crispy. I will stick with castor oil and macadamia oil which my thirsty hair loves

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I apply overnight and shamppo in the morning. Always sleek, frizz, free and shiny. super cheap and easy to find.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use coconut oil to remove my makeup and in my baths at night. I even use it mixed in with my kids moisturizer after their baths/showers.

As for hair, I'm not the hugest fan. I only use this when my hair is in need of protein. Which is kind of why I think people aren't experiencing awesome results with their hair. Coconut oil deposits proteins into your strands. If you don't need protein, you're going to experience straw like hair afterwards.

To remove makeup, I slather it onto my face with finger tips and rub. For my (waterproof) eye makeup, I gently massage the oil over my eyes until I feel the mascara has dissolved. Then wipe off with a really warm wash cloth.

I just make sure to be ready to hop in the shower immediately after. Because this stuff can get everywhere.