Eau Thermal Avene Trixera Emollient Balm

Eau Thermal Avene Trixera Emollient Balm

4.5

Avene Aqua, Paraffinum liquidum, glycerin, cyclomethicone, PEG-12, glyceryl stearate, oenothera biennis oil, PEG-100 stearate, myreth-3 myristate, polyacrylate-13, benzoic acid, BHT, chlorphenesin, disodium EDTA, glycine, glycine soja, pentylrhamnosides, phenoxyethanol, polyisobutene, polysorbate-20, sodium hydroxide, Aqua.

on 8/16/2018 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I dont suffer from any particular skin problems on my body (my face is a whole other story!), but I just wanted to try something for my elbows, knees and feet because I feel like they tend to get a bit drier in winter. I love all Avene's products that I've tried so far because most of them are fragrance free and uses simple ingredients. It's a very thick, emollient cream that may be best for eczema sufferers as it forms a sort of layer on the skin. I cant wear it on my entire body, so using it for its initial purpose- elbows, ankles/feet and knees. Really love it and does the job. No irritation at all and moisturizes the entire day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think this is expensive and doesn't do much. It may have even contributed to break outs. It's certainly very heavy and oily. I have a big bottle that I barely use because it's just too greasy.

Fixed my sad flaky, psoriasis, falling apart winterized face. My forehead basically fell
off and this saved me. I've recommended to anyone who will listen. Mix it with your foundation to get softer coverage. Use it on your hands, legs, feet, etc. it's good for head to toe use, which made me suspicious. This is the best for sensitive skin.

I use the whole Avene line now. I've repurchased many of their products over and over again. It would take A LOT for me to switch to another moisturizer or skin care line. This stuff can't be beat.

This feels heavy at first but soon disappears. Good for really dry skin. I use it all over

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

this stuff is beyond impressive, and i actually only discovered it accidentally. i recently fell in love with a similar product, Avene Trixera Emollient CREAM, and ordered the larger bottle on amazon. i received the BALM by mistake but was told to keep it. figured i could give it away or just use it on my terrible winter hands.

on my hands... Healed. the cream version had originally really helped moisturize my winter hands, which get red, cracked, and painful every year. but once we were getting hit with snow and extreme cold temperatures, the cream was no longer cutting it. the Balm made a significant difference in one night of use. the redness was reduced by 95%.the cuts were healed. now when my hands are un-moisturized, they are normal levels of dry, but are not red or painful or cracked.

my facial skin is also very sensitive and prone to dryness and dehydration/flakes (also prone to clogged pores). the Cream version was by far the most effective moisturizer i'd found to date (moreso than awesome cerave lotion). but like my hands, nothing was cutting it lately since my skin would still end up flaky some hours later. so today i decided to try it on my face before makeup application. serious improvement. it feels like the moisturizing ingredients are locked into my skin with the balm (which causes it to feel sticky at first but it sets to be dry and very soft).

i suspect that the addition of the cyclomethicone is what helps the balm moisturize even more successfully than the cream (which i still like!)

i love it so far. i thought the cream version was the best possible option until trying the balm- it's ultra healing. will repurchase. will also update with any changes.

on 12/13/2014 8:02:00 AM

Update: feb.2017 Still using it
Update: I have purchased this 3 times already! The ONLY cream to really give me deeply moisturised, hydrated and smooth skin including my eye area. I can't be without it no matter how much I love using high end products.

I'm sure there are really great nourishing and extremely moisturising creams out there. For instance, biotherm's serums work for me for this purpose oddly enough! Gives me a nice moisturising glow. Anyhow, I decided to try this based on the reviews and it is cost effective for a whopping 400 mls. (I'm in Greece, so Avene is pretty cheap). It is very moisturising (I use it on my face and neck seeing I have dry skin and am in air conditioned rooms a lot of hours). I slather it on and it keeps my face hydrated, however, it is quite "hard" to spread easily, so you need a teeny bit of time, and I wouldn't wear it out as it gets me really sticky and shiny seeing I put a lot while at home. I might use a tiny bit if I needed to before applying make up or to use outdoors and it would probably be okay with a bit of dusting powder. I like it but I do prefer Biotherm's (I haven't tried that many, I also have Clarins' blue orchid oil which worked better a few years ago for me and not that much now, but it's ok for a change) and I'm sure I'll have it for yonkersssss.

on 6/14/2014 12:01:00 AM

This balm is the best! I have found many uses for it. I used it on some eczema I had on my hand and within a week, the eczema is gone! It's a great body moisturizer, especially in the winter months. I use this on my feet to soften my hard calluses. I had dry, raw lips and I used a little on them and now they soft and supple. My kid has itchy skin at bedtime so I use this to stop the itch. He says it feels good. After being in the sticky heat of the summer, I use this (and a fan) to cool off. It feels like cool water going on and blends so smoothly. I also use this as a night cream. I don't know how I could live without this balm, I love it so much!

on 3/9/2014 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Holy crap! This stuff is amazing. I have red, dry, flaky skin on my chin, and this stuff magically erases it overnight. This is the first product I've used from Avene, but I will definitely try more after using this. I had a reaction on my stomach to the metal buckle on my belt, and this balm really helped soothe and heal the rash. You get A LOT for the price, especially if you use it for spot treatments like I do (I think I payed 20$CAN for it, but I got it on sale).

Best feature, in my opinion: When I've used very concentrated balms like this one, I've never been able to apply makeup over top, as it just slips and slides on the oil. You can absolutely apply makeup over the Avene balm, as long as you give it a bit of time to sink in, and it keeps your skin moisturized throughout the day.

ETA: Found another totally random use for this versatile product (TMI alert). I ran a 10K this weekend, and I got a nasty case of chafing between my thighs as I stupidly decided to wear shorts for the first time this year (and I am a human who eats food to stay alive so my thighs DO touch when I run - gasp, I know). I washed the rash with First Aid Beauty cleanser, and followed it up with this balm, and it soothed the rash instantly. Thank you Avene!

on 5/18/2013 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have atopic dermatitis on my neck (sort of feels like grains of sand under my skin) that gets worse when I consume milk products. My derm prescribed EpiCeram, which helps a little but is very expensive. I've tried CeraVe cream, which also helps a little. I used Avene TriXera Balm this morning and saw a huge improvement. The Avene product feels creamier and more moisturizing that the EpiCeram and is a fraction of the cost (under $25 if you buy through Amazon). If you're not satisfied with your current eczema or dermatitis treatment, give this a try. I'm very, very happy with it.

on 2/21/2013 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This emolient balm is awsome! it brings back the moisture to the skin! The texture is velvety and smooth,it spreads well into the skin. Perfect for winter when the skin is more dry! Love it!