Eucerin Plus Smoothing Essentials Fast Absorbing Lotion

Eucerin Plus Smoothing Essentials Fast Absorbing Lotion

on 9/4/2017 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This is a very good product, very smoothing creme but the price should be lowered a bit. A good product to give to people and it is very good to the skin. I highly recommend it everyone It should be put back to market for a lot of people a looking for it.

on 4/30/2017 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I generally do well with AHAs and I remembered that I used to like eucerin cream (in the days before I discovered cerave cream), but I really did not like this lotion.

The AHA content was barely noticeable on my body. The lotion felt heavy and greasy and hard to rub in. (I feel about this the way I feel about some sunscreens). I almost never say that about creams or lotions-- in fact I use Vaseline petroleum jelly and skin care products with mineral oil (Paula's choice moisture boost and Curel hydra therapy lotion as primer). I think cerave and cerave SA cream also have petroleum. I will say that, in certain brands, I prefer cream formulations to lotion formulations (for example, I dislike cerave lotion), so perhaps eucerin is just one of those brands.

I tend to get pretty dry skin on my legs and I was looking for a body lotion with AHA to help kind of exfoliate everything. I was happy when I found this in store. Reasonably priced for a good size bottle.... And then I actually tried it. I don't like the smell and it's greasy, greasy, greasy. I could use the tiniest amount and rub it in forever but it would never actually absorb. I'd end up wiping my legs down with a towel before getting dressed for fear that I'd leave grease marks on my pants. I used maybe a 1/3 of the bottle before I threw it in the trash. I won't be purchasing this again.

on 3/3/2012 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

i've used this for a bit more than a month, and feel like i can really have an opinion of it. i bought this because my other favorite, (neutrogena moisture wrap) was not stocked. i've tried a ton of lotions because i have eczema, and am used to thick body butter consistency which moisturizes well.

when i first used this, there was a stinging sensation that is probably due to the aha acid in this. definitely worrying, but i kept with it. i'm really glad i did. i feel less itchy and flaky after about a month of this. when i look at myself, i look less splotchy overall, which is good because i'm quite pale, and i want my skin to look even. i tried using it on my face, and it looked quite red and irritated. i have the feeling that if i were to use it for long enough, it would eventually be as good on my face as it is on my body, but i really don't want to be red and irritated for weeks while this process happens. i have other cream that i use on my face that works well. actually it's also eucerin, the one in the tub with a green lid.

it's odd to use such a light lotion, it really does sink in faster than a heavier cream, yet still has visible results. i would repurchase, especially for winter, though in the summer i might switch to another lotion, since this increases sunburn risk.

on 11/29/2011 8:37:00 PM

I love this lotion! My legs get so itchy and dry in the winter and the only thing that keeps gross, scaly eczema patches away is a good moisturizer. I have tried a TON of lotions and creams and currently this is my favorite (I say currently because product formulations and my skin's preferences both tend to change too often for me to have an HG for very long.) This is very moisturizing and not at all greasy. It sinks in easily, and leaves my extremely soft all day long. Most important my itching is minimal and my skin tone looks better after using this for a few weeks (I think there is some light exfoliation from the lactic acid in the product.) This lotion is unscented and I don't love the smell but it's very faint and doesn't linger on the skin.

on 3/30/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I got this as a sample from my Dr. and Iam glad that I did ! After trying many lotions on my rough dry feet without results I felt I was going to have to live with ugly feet forever. Not anymore this lotion is wonderful. I use it daily and it does what it claims, my feet are smooth, just in time for sandels.

on 8/4/2011 7:54:00 AM

HQ!
***LOVES***

Thank you sooo much Eucerin (OK, just being hyper - their other lotions take forever to dry and I didn't like it)

This lotion is a MUST have for extremely dry (I shed like a freakin' snake!) skin such as mine. Not to be gross, but I have snowflake skin. Sooo dry that if I scratch it, flakes just falls like it's snowing on a snow day (gross, I know.)

No matter how many lotions I've tried, it doesn't work (as well). I have to reapply within 6 hours or else I will see dry patches again.

My mom (good ol' mom) gave me this randomly one day so I'm not sure of the price ($11 - $25). I don't even know where she got it from - I have this in a 16.9 fl oz - BIG! WITH A PUMP!!

It has no scent - it does keep my skin nice and smooth for up to a day and more (and that's me - the snake/snowflake shedding girl). Most of the Eucerin lotions are similar in effectiveness but they take FOREVER. FOREVER. to absorb in your skin, you end up wiping it off on something else before it dries -____-.

I understand some complains that it's too sticky/greasy etc etc. BUT for people with chronically dry skin like moi, this is a MUST HAVE. I don't care if its sticky (definitely tolerable). If your skin isn't dry like the a desert then it's probably not for you.

For me Eucerin spells: Extreme help for really really really super dry skin that really really really need "alpha hydroxy formula to moisturizes all day and noticeably smooths skin."

P.S. I use this everywhere (esp. my legs)! Even my face - I am combination (oily T zone; dry everywhere else) and this lotion is (surprising) good for my face as well. Not too greasy - but effective enough.

Kudos to you Eucerin - don't ever discontinue this!

on 8/12/2011 7:08:00 PM

i love it!!!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This exfoliates my skin, and leaves the sexiest sheen. The sheen isn't greasy looking, although this looks greasy about 2 or 3 minutes after application. By the time I put my clothes on, my skin just radiates, and looks soft.

Compared to other brands at the drug store, like Jergins or Vaseline, this seems a little pricey, but works better than a lot of high-end lotions. Just don't forget about the sunburn alert. This is a great alternative to glycolic acid lotions, which average 40 bucks for 8 ounces. Alpha hydroxy acid is really good for keeping skin soft, and exfoliated. I admit I like the regular lotion in this, even though it is a little greasy about 10 minutes after aplication - but only because I have dry skin. I use teh smothing essentials version a lot in humid summer days.

P.S. Jergins shea butter leaves a sheen similar to this. So anyone who enjoys tanning, but still wants a sheen, when they need to avoid lotions with a sunbern alert can try the Jergins shea butter. Thought I'd share this.

on 5/2/2011 12:09:00 AM

i dont like this! I just applied this lotion and i started feeling a itching and burning rash on my arms and legs(i am NOT allergic to anything). and i have had this happen several times. i disagree that this is fast absorbing with me it feels like it just sits on top of my skin and it doesn't help dry skin! PLUS dont foget the smell! it smells disgusting!. but thats just me everyones different and some people may like this product but i dont.

Popular Lotions / Creams