Bare Escentuals Prime Time Oil Control

Bare Escentuals Prime Time Oil Control
Prime Time Oil Control

2.0

NEW BOTTLE ("OIL CONTROL / ANTI-BRILLANCE" HIGHLIGHTED IN HOT PINK)>>> Water, Silica, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Sclerotium Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Silicate, Dimethicone, Vp/Va Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxide, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. OLD BOTTLE>>> Water (Aqua), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Modified Corn Starch, Salix Alba Bark Extract (Willow), Zinc PCA, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Sclerotium Gum, Citric Acid

on 8/11/2016 11:14:00 PM

Pure garbage. Actually increases your oil production and wreaks havoc on your face make-up. Please believe the other reviews (I didn't at first!) and stay away from this product. Reformulated or not, this does not do what it says.

on 6/12/2016 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This crap made me break out. I then tried the Blemish Ready primer which was worse and because of these two products, a terrible acne snowball is in effect and I am still trying to clear the break out after weeks. This is the worst I have ever seen my face and I have spent 100s of dollars trying to undo the damage! I don't even get acne, just small pimples here and there. Now it looks like I have acne. I love BE makeup and have nothing bad to say about it, but I would skip this primer and use a good moisturizer instead! Right now I am using Kate Somerville "Nourish" which is working well. The primer made my makeup go on like crap anyway, streaky if not completely perfectly rubbed in. Gross. I wanted a primer because I have always been afraid of moisturizers because I get an oily t-zone. This was a terrible idea.

To Read all 138 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/1/2016 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This primer is terrible, it feels like glue and has a funny smell. Once applied and dries it feels like your face as gone all tight. As soon as you apply foundation (any foundation I must add) the primer starts to come away in little balls and crumbles away from the skin!

Overall it has a funny texture & smell, doesn't set nicely on the skin and comes away as soon as you apply foundation.

on 3/4/2016 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm trying to present a balanced opinion here, although my gut says it's a 2 lippy product. It's white and sticky... It sometimes leaves immovable white dots on your face if you don't rub it in well. It has less oil control than the original. Your makeup won't last as long as the original. It doesn't provide a smooth, plumped canvas like the original. It's only marginally better than not using anything at all. But if you're fed up of the siliconey slip and cloggy feeling of primers, as this is water-based it feels better. I can't think of another water-based primer readily available on the UK high street. If you suspect primers are causing breakouts, again, this could help as it's a lot lighter. It only works for me with the matte fdn - l'm a greaseball with this and the original formula. So, l very cautiously recommend with the following caveats: use only with matte fdn, rub/stroke in well, don't expect much, keep concealer handy.

on 11/16/2015 3:13:00 PM

Total BUMMER is all I can say about this product!! I have oily, acne prone skin, with visible acne at the moment. I purchased this looking for a solution to my shiny complexion. So I turned to no other than bare minerals! First, this primer does not go on as smoothly as their original formula. It felt very slick and slimy almost and doesn't dry smooth and powdery. It dries like a film over my skin and my face felt very tight and flaky. It also seemed to make my active blemishes appear dry and flaky which, in turn, made my acne even more visible! Second, as far as oil control, my face looked just as shiny as it did without using it. It also creased and smudged under my makeup which looked horrendous by the end of the day. So unfortunately I will continue to use it until it's gone just so that I don't feel like I wasted $28!

on 7/13/2015 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product was my first primer and has given the worst impression of primers that I refused to buy any for the last few years. It felt like a mask, tight and flaked off the skin. I thought my issue was that I was using too much all over the face so I reduced to using a little in my t-zone. Did the exact same thing.

I saw no difference whether I used this product or not, and I mean, no difference at all.
I tried it with and without different foundations, with and without their pressed powder, with and without beauty balm.... and I could see no difference no matter what else I did.

Soooo, I started putting it on just one side of my face thinking I would see a difference by the end of the day... and nothing. Not once when I put it on half my face could I see any difference in how my makeup looked at the beginning of the day or at the end of the day.

I pitched the bottled, which I rarely do. It wasn't even worth my time to apply it.

on 8/28/2014 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the bare Escentuals prime time oil control primer after being a complete lover of bare minerals foundation and their original primer. I have extremely oily skin and I have to blot at least 3 times a day and have to use a LOT of setting powder. I chose this product to wear under my bare minerals foundation thinking that it would help with my oiliness. The verdict is yes it does help with my oiliness but this has to be THE WORST primer I have ever used...ever.

It is no comparison to the original formula which I really like. To say it has been made to be used under their foundation, to do this is virtually impossible. I used a small amount, like directions state, left to dry, like directions state however it still peels off and looks like I have put glue on my face. It makes my foundation look cakey and looks as though I have dry skin (which I don't) not the flawless, no-makeup look I was going for. Then throughout the day the peeling just gets worse and makes my foundation patchy. Not to mention it is quite expensive. I Have tried it a few times in the hope that I am doing something wrong because I really want to like it but I just don't, in my opinion it's just horrible.

The primer has a watery glue like consistency (and smell), that made my skin feel very tight. My skin didn't react badly to it and I have sensitive skin so I suppose this is a plus point.

I have read other reviews that say by using with a liquid foundation it stops the peeling, but I haven't bought it to be used with a liquid foundation I want to use it with my bare minerals powder foundation.

Overall yes the product controls oil but it makes putting on your makeup a nightmare. I would avoid at all costs and save your money. I wont be repurchasing.

on 8/16/2014 11:48:00 AM

I struggled with this product at first, as it seemed to make applying foundation impossible! However I think it really does control my oily skin. I apply a tiny bit to my t-zone, let it dry for a minute, and apply a basic primer on top. I have no foundation application problems with this method, and my skin is significantly less oily during the day.

on 3/21/2014 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Came across a decent priced high-end primer at Sephora $28 CAD and thought this would work well as the lady at the counter also suggested it. I get extremely oily over the summers and was looking for a good foundation primer that will control my oil/shine. To be honest, this primer does NOTHING. With or without this, it makes no difference. Definitely not worth the price or live to it's hype. In addition, it is pricey for something that does not work well. Regret buying and would not re-purchase or recommend.