Just for Men - Moustache and beard dye

No Image

4.8

I have naturally very full and very dark eyebrows. Since I have am getting increasingly gray, my eyebrows are following suit. I used plucking as a "cure" for a while, but holes were starting to show. I have begun using JFM Beard and Mustache dye in that it is made for the facial region. Very satisfied with the overall effect, but the last several times I have used it, some STUBBORN white hairs just don't take the dye. Very frustrating. Has anyone had this same problem and is there a solution?

My rationalization is that no one looks at my brows nearly as hard as I do, but I still would like fuller, complete coverage.

The product really is a great one. So much better than the cost of having it done professionally.

on 6/15/2017 9:23:00 PM

Heard about this product on You Tube, as one makeup artist's technique for dying greying eyebrows. I used to use regular hair dye but it often wasn't thick enough plus you have to leave it on for 30 min for persistent grays. I apply carefully with a Q-tip and this works in 5 min and is great to treat those stubborn coarse grey hairs that are resistant to dye.I have used both the blonde and the light brown and either work with my fair skin and honey blond hair. I also like that once dyed those grey hairs become softer and more pliable so they behave better as opposed to sticking out in weird directions, which only tempts me to pluck them out. I use only a pea-sized amount each of the color and the developer and the box lasts me six months or longer using every 3-4 weeks. However, once opened if you keep the product too long, e.g. a year, the dye eventually oxidizes and becomes ineffective. An effective beauty bargain.

on 6/29/2016 9:20:00 PM

Used to darken my sparse dark blondish brown eyebrows. I chose the shade light brown and it was perfect!! Now my non existent baby fine brows look full and lush, but still totally natural. This $8 box of dye will last forever! What a bargain considering I was paying $20 a pop every few weeks at a brow bar for the exact same thing!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Everything that can be said about this product has already been said! I can't remember when I first heard about this. But I ran out and bought it and haven't looked back. It lasts for just a week or two, but it lasts longer than when my hairdresser would add the color to my eyebrows when she was doing my hair. I told my red-headed cousin about this, and she's ecstatic! She was actually thinking of having her eyebrows tattooed, and I'm so glad she mentioned that to me so I could point her in this direction. It looks natural on her and of course is much cheaper and completely pain free! You really can't go wrong with this--if you need a darker color, you can leave the color on for a bit longer; if you need a lighter color, just go buy a lighter color! Not much to lose by trying this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

HG product for dying eyebrows. This product falls I to the "Why didn't I think of this myself but I'm so glad somebody else did" catagory.

Me: natural blonde who is also finding some grey hairs in my eyebrows. O.K., let's just say my eyebrows are invisible and call it a day. I've gotten my brows dyed at brow bars (pricey) and I've done them myself with a box of regular hair dye (messy and crappy results). I was scrolling through You Tube videos and happened upon a "How to lighten and darken your brows video". I watched it and picked up a box of this gem the next day.

The entire process is so easy. Just mix equal dabs of product from each tube on the tray that is included in the box. Apply with a dry brow spoolie (I did not use the brush that was provided). Wait five minutes and...PERFECT BROWS! I didn't even need to protect the skin around my brows with Vaseline.

I used the medium brown because I don't like a pale brow look with my pale skin. Now I get out of the shower and I have brows! I go swimming and I have brows! This box should last forever even if I have to redo my brows every couple of weeks.

This is the happiest I have been with a beauty product in forever, and it's cheap! If you have light brows like moi, do not hesitate to darken them with Just For Men. This is a fab beauty gem.

on 9/26/2016 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Excellent product! Yes, you can use it on your brows (but be careful!). I find that one box lasts me a few uses as well. I do not leave it on for 5 minutes, usually 3-4 as I don't want it to turn out too dark.

on 12/13/2013 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I want to thank you all for these reviews because without them I would never have tried this. You have saved me a bundle of money at the Benefit Brow bar!

I went on youtube after reading here and found a tutorial by a young lady named Samantha Reilly. If anyone wants to see it ,I just searched youtube for "Just For Men eyebrows ", and it was the first video that came up. ( I did not post the link because I am not sure if that is okay here.) I found it helpful to see this done. I am a visual learner.

I bought the Just for Men facial hair product in light brown. My hair is very dark blonde naturally and I have rather dark brows. I picked the light brown based on reviews here, and it was perfect. Normally I'd have gone darker and been wrong so , again, you saved me money. My pic is in my profile if you want to see how dark my brows are for a basis of comparison in choosing a color.

I applied this with an angled spoolie working it up , down and in, wiped off the little I got on my skin, left the product on 5 minutes, wiped it off and the 5 or 6 grey hairs I have in my brows were a perfect match to the dark ones!

This covered better than the product I used to have put on at my hair salon which then only lasted a few days and just as well as the one Benefit uses which normally last me 2 weeks. I am very happy with the result and will not mind if I have to do touchups once a week. Heck, I'd do them more often if I had to just to save money and to not have to make a special trip out to get it done. This is a money and time saver.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is great stuff. I have naturally thick and decently shaped eyebrows, but they are lighter than my head hair and don't show up as well. I use this stuff once a week to darken my brows. I don't even apply Vaseline around my brows or use a spoolie. I literally just mix together two equal sized small blobs with a qtip and apply it with that, making sure to dab down to the tail end of the brow. The packaging is simple but does its job, and the tiny amount needed for weekly application means it will last a long time. Why would you pay to get your brows tinted when it is so easy and cheap with this stuff?

on 2/6/2015 7:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff! It only takes five minutes to use the dye. I apply it with a disposable mascara wand to ensure that all the hairs are covered. I wipe the dye and Vaseline off with a wet washcloth. I'm using Jamaican castor oil nightly to help my brows grow, which removes some of the color. I get about a week out of each application now, but it still saves time compared to doing my brows daily.

This hides the gray at my temples somewhat well. While it doesn't always take, it works about 50 percent of the time, is affordable, is easy to use, and well packaged so I can do small parts of my head.

I'm currently leaving it on for 17 minutes because it doesn't work for me at the recommended 5 minute mark. I buy a couple shades lighter and leave it on extra in order to get it to cover my gray. That said, it does leave the hair that is not gray a tad too dark. I did it this morning and can't tell so I'm guessing it fluctuates with how clean or dirty my hair is as well as how much sweat is in my hair (I do it after running and before showering).

I love the fact that you can mix up a bit and only do the errant gray hairs as opposed to everything else I've tried where you have to use it all at once. It works average well, but that is still better than any other product I tried which didn't work at all.