Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil

on 7/15/2016 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Not a fan! I had high hopes for a stay put eyeliner. I have tried so many eyeliners in search of one that doesn't smudge and so the search will continue. I had bad luck with it running under my eyes as well as in the crease of my top lid.

on 3/27/2016 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best eyeliner ever. I have been using this for years and I have never found a pencil to match. Personally I use this pencil as a base, put on eyeshadow, and then go over it with liquid eyeliner. This for me gives the black intensity I want for my eyes, and I rarely have to touch up. I have used the pencil alone, and I didn't need to touch up either. I don't use it on the inner part of my eye any more, but I did used to and I recall it being strong and intense and long lasting. Highly recommend. And seems to last a long time!

To Read all 87 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/10/2015 8:09:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL!
I have searched far and wide for a eye pencil like this.
I want one that is easy to put on, AND lasts.
Usually you have to pick one or the other.
This one is BOTH.
I also got a GREAT colour: Olive Luster.
I will buy other colours too.
Where have you been my whole life???
Ok, in Canada the price is 26 dollars, but when I account for ALL the pencils I have bought and tossed, this is a BARGAIN.
I love you Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The new double wear pencils are amazing they are more creamy and don't bleed or feather I have the limited edition color PINK GOLD it is a glittery color and makes my brown eye POP!!!! And I just ordered more !!! I love them but the price just went up by $1.00 but it's still worth itπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

on 1/9/2015 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Estee Lauder has overhauled the Double Wear eye liner pencil.
Where before there were limited (Great!) colors, there are now
a whole slew of new colors and some are limited editions.
Some of the new colors are really garish and I cannot imagine what
customer (teenagers?) Lauder is marketing to.
The pencil has a new smudge tip which seems more user-friendly,
and the formula is very creamy. .
The price has increased by a Dollar. At this price range, Lauder
should include a pencil sharpener.
I was a big fan of the Black Plum eye liner - wore it for years.
Black Plum is now history and I suppose that Night Violet is taking its
place.
There is no comparison. Black Plum was a purple with blue undertones
and Night Violet has reddish undertones which make my eyes look
bloodshot.
I love this eye pencil because I wear contact lenses and have to be careful
with my eye make-up choices.
I just hope that I can find the best color of the new pencil for me.

on 11/2/2014 6:35:00 PM

I have this in the Forest and Black Plum and both look great with my green eyes. I love how it stays in place even if I rub my eyes. My complaint is that I have trouble sharpening it.

on 5/11/2014 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I may be using this product incorrectly but in all seriousness I'm pretty certain i know how to put on pencil eyeliner by now. I have used it on my bottom and top waterlines but for some reason this product seems to run, smudge, and last me only for 2-3 hours. I do have oily eyes (sounds weird) but i have seen dollar products last longer. Sorry EL but this one did not impress me much.

on 3/29/2014 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product after several attempts at buying cheaper eye liners, all of which smudged embarrassingly throughout the day. The extended stay factor was a huge motivation for my purchase, and I'm quite happy to say that it works. No smudging or melting throughout the day, although I did find that the staying power is not as long as I had hoped for. But no matter, subtly disappearing is better than a running eye liner!

Only qualm is that I found the smudger on it absolutely useless and took the eyeliner off rather than smudge it.

on 1/2/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

i love these eyeliners! very soft, nice and pigmented. they come with a little smudger, which is good to smoke out the eyeliner on the lower lashline. it lasts all day and is overall a great eyeliner. i have no complaints. i would recommend this to everyone for your waterline or your tightline.

on 11/17/2013 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this liner - it's soft and pigmented. Very easy to use. I bought this in black and then later brown.

The best thing is it does last very long - I apply this in the morning before work and when I come home in the evening it is still on my eyes. For that reason alone I would repurchase. I have smaller, hooded eyes and it is a pain to find something that will last all day without smudging off. Also - another thing that's important for me with liners is comfort, some pencils I have used like MUFE eyeliner was very scratchy and not nice to apply. With the EL I barely even have to press and it lays on great colour with rich pigment. I sometimes smudge it out for a more dressed-down look and once it sets - it won't budge! Never irritates my eye area or gives me bloodshot eyes (looking at you Lancome! eyes would not stop itching and watering any time I tried to use that one, even made my vision blurry as it smeared into my eyes-not good at all).

Overall, this eye pencil is everything I need : long-lasting, beautiful colour, easy to apply and non-irritating while being easy to travel with and no-mess. I would definitely repurchase.