Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil
Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil

3.9

I loved this pencil - it was soft and stayed put all day. I used it inside my eyeline. That was until I tried to sharpen it! The woman at the Estee Lauder counter who sold it to me said I should use a normal pencil sharpener. I even bought a new one because the two I had didn't work on this pencil. It is now blunt as well and every attempt to sharpen the pencil causes the black inside to break off. What a ripoff! And whatever happened to the fabulous Intense Kayal Eyeliner pencils? I asked my cousin to get me one in London and gave her a photo - but she was given instead another of these infuriating pencils. So I now have two that don't work! Be warned: you will spend a fortune to use this pencil only until it needs sharpening. And another gripe - why does Estee Lauder not have an eyebrow pencil for blondes? Their brown pencils are fabulous, with a smudge at the end to soften any sharp lines. But we don't all want to look as though we're blonde because of a salon's bleach and tint, whatever fashion dictates!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This review is for the automatic pencil version of the eyeliner. I used the one pictured in the review and while it lasted all day, I inevitably ended up with panda eyes. Due to the strong lasting power of the eyeliner the panda eyes were difficult to clean up at work without eye makeup remover. The new version, however rocks! No more panda eyes and incredible lasting power. I also have the dark brown color, but the lasting power isn't as good.

on 8/21/2016 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This doesn't stay put on me for long. I do tend to be oily around the eyes and I struggle to find an eyeliner that wears well. This only lasts a couple of hours before I start looking like a panda. Nowhere near long wearing enough for me.

on 7/15/2016 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Not a fan! I had high hopes for a stay put eyeliner. I have tried so many eyeliners in search of one that doesn't smudge and so the search will continue. I had bad luck with it running under my eyes as well as in the crease of my top lid.

on 3/27/2016 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best eyeliner ever. I have been using this for years and I have never found a pencil to match. Personally I use this pencil as a base, put on eyeshadow, and then go over it with liquid eyeliner. This for me gives the black intensity I want for my eyes, and I rarely have to touch up. I have used the pencil alone, and I didn't need to touch up either. I don't use it on the inner part of my eye any more, but I did used to and I recall it being strong and intense and long lasting. Highly recommend. And seems to last a long time!

on 12/10/2015 8:09:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL!
I have searched far and wide for a eye pencil like this.
I want one that is easy to put on, AND lasts.
Usually you have to pick one or the other.
This one is BOTH.
I also got a GREAT colour: Olive Luster.
I will buy other colours too.
Where have you been my whole life???
Ok, in Canada the price is 26 dollars, but when I account for ALL the pencils I have bought and tossed, this is a BARGAIN.
I love you Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The new double wear pencils are amazing they are more creamy and don't bleed or feather I have the limited edition color PINK GOLD it is a glittery color and makes my brown eye POP!!!! And I just ordered more !!! I love them but the price just went up by $1.00 but it's still worth itπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

on 1/9/2015 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Estee Lauder has overhauled the Double Wear eye liner pencil.
Where before there were limited (Great!) colors, there are now
a whole slew of new colors and some are limited editions.
Some of the new colors are really garish and I cannot imagine what
customer (teenagers?) Lauder is marketing to.
The pencil has a new smudge tip which seems more user-friendly,
and the formula is very creamy. .
The price has increased by a Dollar. At this price range, Lauder
should include a pencil sharpener.
I was a big fan of the Black Plum eye liner - wore it for years.
Black Plum is now history and I suppose that Night Violet is taking its
place.
There is no comparison. Black Plum was a purple with blue undertones
and Night Violet has reddish undertones which make my eyes look
bloodshot.
I love this eye pencil because I wear contact lenses and have to be careful
with my eye make-up choices.
I just hope that I can find the best color of the new pencil for me.

on 11/2/2014 6:35:00 PM

I have this in the Forest and Black Plum and both look great with my green eyes. I love how it stays in place even if I rub my eyes. My complaint is that I have trouble sharpening it.

on 5/11/2014 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I may be using this product incorrectly but in all seriousness I'm pretty certain i know how to put on pencil eyeliner by now. I have used it on my bottom and top waterlines but for some reason this product seems to run, smudge, and last me only for 2-3 hours. I do have oily eyes (sounds weird) but i have seen dollar products last longer. Sorry EL but this one did not impress me much.