Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil
Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have color 01 Onyx. This is a very nice deep black eye pencil. I have very oily eyelids and this product stays on. Normally eyeliner even Revlon colorstay will transfer to my top lid. This stays in place. I don't use eyeliner in my waterline because must products fake off and get under my contacts and irritate my eyes. This product stays in my waterline with no rubbing off, flaking, or irritation. Yeah! But due to the cost, this will be my special ocassion eyeliner. Revlon colorstay eyeliner is my everyday liner, but not in waterline.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would not buy this again. I got it in the EL breast cancer 2017 promo got a mini 8 pan eyeshadow palette, full sized mascara (this is $30 "alone"!!), brush & this travel sized eyeliner in a special case for $35 like I said "not bad"!! I am going to sharpen this w an UD liner sharpener (The Grindhouse) I hope it works I'd suggest making this a wooden pencil so much easier to sharpen! That's why I gave it 2/5 for packaging 5/5 $$ & 5/5 overall. It's an expensive pencil. It works really great not a lot of smudging except that lived-in smudgy look I love. All in all all a good pencil but will be a pain to sharpen I reckon.

on 7/19/2017 10:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I am so happy to finally have found a pencil that stays-put on my oily asian eyes. I generally prefer a more natural smoky eye. This pencil is perfect for that because the eyeliner glides over my lash line with precision effortlessly, and the blender tip is perfect for controlled blending. My lower lid may get a bit of smudging during the day (which is a quick clean-up and happens with any type of eye makeup I use) but overall my makeup lasts through crazy hot/humid weather and intense dripping-sweat type workouts.

on 3/7/2017 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have this eye pencil in coffee and onyx. Coffee is my primary since it's a dark brown. Onyx is a black, although it is a bit less pigmented than I expected. The eye pencil is easy to apply and does not smudge too much while wearing, which is the main reason I recommend it. The only complaint I have is that one eyeliner is $23 and there are definitely cheaper options. Aside from the cost concern, I would buy this again.

I like this brow pencil because it is so easy to put color on your brow and the shade exactly matches my brow hairs. it is also not patchy and it really is very easy to blend. best thing about this is it lasts long. i have tried other pencils and pomades too but i keep going back to this one, this is even better than anastasia's.

I loved this pencil - it was soft and stayed put all day. I used it inside my eyeline. That was until I tried to sharpen it! The woman at the Estee Lauder counter who sold it to me said I should use a normal pencil sharpener. I even bought a new one because the two I had didn't work on this pencil. It is now blunt as well and every attempt to sharpen the pencil causes the black inside to break off. What a ripoff! And whatever happened to the fabulous Intense Kayal Eyeliner pencils? I asked my cousin to get me one in London and gave her a photo - but she was given instead another of these infuriating pencils. So I now have two that don't work! Be warned: you will spend a fortune to use this pencil only until it needs sharpening. And another gripe - why does Estee Lauder not have an eyebrow pencil for blondes? Their brown pencils are fabulous, with a smudge at the end to soften any sharp lines. But we don't all want to look as though we're blonde because of a salon's bleach and tint, whatever fashion dictates!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This review is for the automatic pencil version of the eyeliner. I used the one pictured in the review and while it lasted all day, I inevitably ended up with panda eyes. Due to the strong lasting power of the eyeliner the panda eyes were difficult to clean up at work without eye makeup remover. The new version, however rocks! No more panda eyes and incredible lasting power. I also have the dark brown color, but the lasting power isn't as good.

on 8/21/2016 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This doesn't stay put on me for long. I do tend to be oily around the eyes and I struggle to find an eyeliner that wears well. This only lasts a couple of hours before I start looking like a panda. Nowhere near long wearing enough for me.

on 3/27/2016 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best eyeliner ever. I have been using this for years and I have never found a pencil to match. Personally I use this pencil as a base, put on eyeshadow, and then go over it with liquid eyeliner. This for me gives the black intensity I want for my eyes, and I rarely have to touch up. I have used the pencil alone, and I didn't need to touch up either. I don't use it on the inner part of my eye any more, but I did used to and I recall it being strong and intense and long lasting. Highly recommend. And seems to last a long time!

on 7/15/2016 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Not a fan! I had high hopes for a stay put eyeliner. I have tried so many eyeliners in search of one that doesn't smudge and so the search will continue. I had bad luck with it running under my eyes as well as in the crease of my top lid.