Smashbox Limitless Lip Gloss

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Smashbox Limitless Lip Gloss

3.3

7.5% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 3.0% Avobenzone, Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Tricontanyl PVP, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Crambe Maritima Extract, Citric Acid, Anise Alcohol, Flavor (Aroma). May Contain/Peut Contenir: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received this in the Limitless Beauty Collection that I purchased from Ulta this week. I have never used Smashbox before and was excited to try something a little different from the somewhat mainstream, less expensive products I usually purchase. The whole collection looks lovely (brown eye pencil, 5-color powder eye shadow palette, powder blush, travel-size foundation primer and lip gloss) and this was the first thing I tried. I was immediately struck by the rubbery, chemical-like smell that emanated from the tube when I opened it. The smell quickly dissipated after I applied the lip gloss. Upon application I noticed how sticky the gloss was, even as I applied it, it felt like I was putting Dippity Do on my lips. However, this is designed to be a long-wearing lip product so you can expect some thickness to it. As long as you blot it a bit it won't stick in the corners of your mouth or make you feel like your lips are sticking together, however, the lip is somewhat sticky with this gloss on. It's not a problem because I appreciate not having to reapply product when I am at work which is when I wear makeup most of the time anyway. I have longish hair and it blew right onto my lips (and stuck) when I walked from my car into my office this morning. Yuck. So be careful it you are going to be outside. A trip to the park, zoo or somewhere that would have you outside in any kind of wind for a peroid of time would warrant using another lip product. The color that came with my set is Round the Clock, a pretty light apricot with a pink-gold shimmer to it. It is shiny but not glittery. I will wear it and probably use it often enough to use up the tube but I would not buy any of the Limitless Long Wear Lip Gloss collection again.

on 10/14/2010 11:20:00 AM

I just purchased my second gloss in Boundless, which is a pretty melon/coral color. I love this gloss because it really does last. The staying power comes from the fact that It is somewhat tacky, but I don't mind that in general (as long as it's not windy). The only unfortunate thing is that they don't have many colors to choose from so when I'm in the mood for a new color I've had to go elsewhere. Wish they'd expand the color selection.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Unfortunately, this is the stickiest and tackiest gloss I have ever owned. I purchased this Smashbox gloss in Endless and have given it a shot a couple of times, but I just hate the way it feels on my lips. It's like having glue on my mouth. If I purse my lips together and separate them again, it feels as if they have been glued together. As far as pigmentation goes...Endless has next to no color payoff. It's like a vague dark cast on my lips that doesn't really even look like the color you see through the tube. I gave it a 5 for packaging quality because I like the larger size of the tube and the rubberized end of it...this makes it easier to find in my purse (which is extremely rare). I also like the applicator. I just don't like the gloss and would not buy another one in this formulation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't get all the hoopla for this stuff. Hard to apply and too little color.

This is too sticky! I'm disappointed because it has avobenzone for UVA protection, which is hard to find (especially since oxybenzone is too irritating for me). I bought Forever, which is a light pink and too light for my NC20 skin - I need something rosier and should've gone with Boundless. One great thing about this is that I have big enough lips that I usually need to go over them more than once with the wand to cover (you'll understand if you have this problem). This has a cool, bent doe-foot applicator that makes it easy no matter what size your lips are.