Smashbox Limitless Lip Gloss

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Smashbox Limitless Lip Gloss

2.3

7.5% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 3.0% Avobenzone, Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Tricontanyl PVP, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Crambe Maritima Extract, Citric Acid, Anise Alcohol, Flavor (Aroma). May Contain/Peut Contenir: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received this in the Limitless Beauty Collection that I purchased from Ulta this week. I have never used Smashbox before and was excited to try something a little different from the somewhat mainstream, less expensive products I usually purchase. The whole collection looks lovely (brown eye pencil, 5-color powder eye shadow palette, powder blush, travel-size foundation primer and lip gloss) and this was the first thing I tried. I was immediately struck by the rubbery, chemical-like smell that emanated from the tube when I opened it. The smell quickly dissipated after I applied the lip gloss. Upon application I noticed how sticky the gloss was, even as I applied it, it felt like I was putting Dippity Do on my lips. However, this is designed to be a long-wearing lip product so you can expect some thickness to it. As long as you blot it a bit it won't stick in the corners of your mouth or make you feel like your lips are sticking together, however, the lip is somewhat sticky with this gloss on. It's not a problem because I appreciate not having to reapply product when I am at work which is when I wear makeup most of the time anyway. I have longish hair and it blew right onto my lips (and stuck) when I walked from my car into my office this morning. Yuck. So be careful it you are going to be outside. A trip to the park, zoo or somewhere that would have you outside in any kind of wind for a peroid of time would warrant using another lip product. The color that came with my set is Round the Clock, a pretty light apricot with a pink-gold shimmer to it. It is shiny but not glittery. I will wear it and probably use it often enough to use up the tube but I would not buy any of the Limitless Long Wear Lip Gloss collection again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I made the mistake of sitting down at a Smashbox counter at Nieman Marcus. I bought this lipgloss to wear over the DoubleTake lip color pencil.

It says 'long-wear' but it wears off quickly. Not much color either. And pricey. I refuse to wear gloss or lipstick that I have to re-apply frequently.

I love the Revlon Colorstay line. Their Creme gloss lasts much longer and is more pigmented than the SB. And the price is right.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't get all the hoopla for this stuff. Hard to apply and too little color.