Smashbox Limitless Lip Gloss

Smashbox Limitless Lip Gloss

3.6

7.5% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 3.0% Avobenzone, Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Tricontanyl PVP, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Crambe Maritima Extract, Citric Acid, Anise Alcohol, Flavor (Aroma). May Contain/Peut Contenir: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

This is too sticky! I'm disappointed because it has avobenzone for UVA protection, which is hard to find (especially since oxybenzone is too irritating for me). I bought Forever, which is a light pink and too light for my NC20 skin - I need something rosier and should've gone with Boundless. One great thing about this is that I have big enough lips that I usually need to go over them more than once with the wand to cover (you'll understand if you have this problem). This has a cool, bent doe-foot applicator that makes it easy no matter what size your lips are.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So I bought this because a gal pal of mine works at the Smashbox counter, and thought I'd be safe buying a few lipglosses. I'm not really impressed with this. I bought "Infinite", which looks like a light, milky pink in the tube, but shows up clear on my pigmented lips. Glad I paid $21 for it (sarcasm!) It does have SPF 15, which is nice, and it doesn't dry out my lips. The applicator reminds me of NYX lipglosses because of the bent doe foot. The formula itself is incredibly sticky, to the point where it's uncomfortable for me to wear, and I'm a lipgloss junkie. I can't comment on how long lasting it is, because I can't wear it more than an hour before getting annoyed and wiping it off my lips.
UPDATE: So this is starting to grow on me a bit. I dont know if I'd repurchase, but you get used to the stickiness and it lasts through pretty much anything-- eating, drinking, workouts, etc. It can have another lippie =)

on 8/6/2009 2:53:00 AM

I got this in Boundless and I really love it. It's probably my favourite lipgloss at the moment. It doesn't dry out your lips but it does indeed stay on for more hours than your average lipgloss. Will definitely get back ups in this colour and probably try other shades.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

My mom went to a Bloomingdale's fashion show and got this gloss as a freebie, so she gave it to me. She gave me the one called Endless, and it's a dark pink with shimmery gold. I love it so far! It's sticky so it's long lasting, and it has SPF 15 which is great too. One thing I don't like is how pricey it is, I got it as a freebie but it's 21 dollars, so I wouldn't buy it again. Great gloss but too expensive.

I got a sample of this gloss in "Nonstop" and didn't even put it on both lips without taking it off because of how much I disliked it on my bottom lip. The formula is so thick and tacky that I had to pull at it with the applicator to get it to spread at all and it sort of globbed strangely along with the applicator . It felt gluey and drying. I understand that this is a long-wear formula, but I didn't want this on my lips for seconds, let alone hours. I've given it two lippies because it had fairly good color payoff and shine which was flattering and fun.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't get all the hoopla for this stuff. Hard to apply and too little color.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I made the mistake of sitting down at a Smashbox counter at Nieman Marcus. I bought this lipgloss to wear over the DoubleTake lip color pencil.

It says 'long-wear' but it wears off quickly. Not much color either. And pricey. I refuse to wear gloss or lipstick that I have to re-apply frequently.

I love the Revlon Colorstay line. Their Creme gloss lasts much longer and is more pigmented than the SB. And the price is right.

on 2/12/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this the other day. Very pricey at $21+tax. I got "Endless". It's sort of a pinky/beige color. I LOVE the texture. It's very thick and stays on for a long time, even though eating and drinking. Makes my lips feel very very soft. The only thing I would improve on is the color payoff. The color in the tube is pretty dark, but on my lips, it nearly sheer. But at least it is incredibly shiny. Like super shiny plastic. I would purchase this again. I use it as just an everyday gloss. I prefer MAC glosses for the smell and color payoff. But this is good for everyday, all day, use.

on 6/16/2010 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

It reminds me of Mac lipglosses, but it is less drying...I have this in infinie, bullied it off my manager who went to a smashbox masterclass. I like it and its gonna always be with me!

I am always surprised to read negative comments on Smashbox as I have found all their products to be amazing AND they don't test on animals! So many of the big companies still use products which have been. This is a wonderful product. I have worn countless lipsticks and glosses. This one is just great. I just bought it in Endless. I have the Lip Enhancing gloss too which I love. You get a lot of product too and it is moisturizing. Since using the two glosses, I never have chapped lips anymore. Yay! Another winner from Smashbox!