Smashbox Limitless Lip Gloss

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily age: 30-35
Smashbox Limitless Lip Gloss

2.5

7.5% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 3.0% Avobenzone, Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Tricontanyl PVP, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Crambe Maritima Extract, Citric Acid, Anise Alcohol, Flavor (Aroma). May Contain/Peut Contenir: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Unfortunately, this is the stickiest and tackiest gloss I have ever owned. I purchased this Smashbox gloss in Endless and have given it a shot a couple of times, but I just hate the way it feels on my lips. It's like having glue on my mouth. If I purse my lips together and separate them again, it feels as if they have been glued together. As far as pigmentation goes...Endless has next to no color payoff. It's like a vague dark cast on my lips that doesn't really even look like the color you see through the tube. I gave it a 5 for packaging quality because I like the larger size of the tube and the rubberized end of it...this makes it easier to find in my purse (which is extremely rare). I also like the applicator. I just don't like the gloss and would not buy another one in this formulation.

on 7/30/2010 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm

I actually like this gloss. I hate gloss that I apply and then it is so thin that it bleeds and runs over the borders of my lips and only lasts an hour if I am lucky. I find that I can apply this gloss and it gives me a good 4 hours worth of shine. The gloss is thick and definitely has a tacky feeling. In general, I don't find Smashbox products to be very pigmented. IMO their products are very sheer on darker skin tones. I use the color Boundless and usually never wear it with a favorite lipstick color underneath that I would like to add some shine to. Even though this color is pinky it works great over brown, pink and coral lipsticks.