Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 55 In Love

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 55 In Love
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush 55 In LoveREVIEW PIC Chanel JC 'In Love'

4.4

on 5/18/2017 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Chanel blushes were never as flattering on me as NARS or Bobbi Brown but overall Chanel stays on my radar. Having a fair neutral complexion requires a shade that includes both warm and cool and this is the one. It looks peachy in the pan but the coral undertone is what makes this different. Bobbi Brown Nectar, a pink coral, is heavy on the pink, while this skews peach and has a little shimmer. Yes it is different from the all the peachy/pink shades around. It looks fantastically natural on me and I could never say that about anything from Chanel. It has the fragrance of course which is why I didn't give it a 5 rating. It's not obnoxious and it does dissipate but fragrance is a no no for cosmetics! It also doesn't last that long, maybe 3 - 4 hours. If you are looking for value for your money I suggest the aforementioned because at $ 48. this ain't it. Fun though.

ETC. Let me add that none of the 40 blushes I have ever purchased looks so natural. It's ironic that it's Chanel.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a small collex of Chanel blushes (Rose Shimmer from the travel palette got me hooked!; Rose Ecrin [similar to In Love], Rouge Profond [good winter blush looks good on translucent pale skin kind of like NARS Exhibit A! I will try this on summer tanned skin too!], Cherry tweed blush [very red i never saw actual blushes that were red til I got chanel! The real reason blush is called rouge lol Another exhibit A dupe], & In Love (all US versions). This kicks NARS/mac blushes blessed arses which were my fave blushes b4. This lit me from within like being smitten ITA w Below reviewer. It is so flattering! A small amount of sheen def not shimmer no glitter makes NARS look so silly w all of that chunky glitter & overly gilded golden glaze. This was rec'd to me by my new friend at Roosevelt Mall in NY. Chanel is my fave makeup chanel can take care of all of your cosmetics/skincare needs (for $$$ i wish they made a chanel credit card I guess they figure u can afford it with buying chanel. If they keep at it they will own the rights to my left kidney, liver, & corneas lol jk :-) ) why was I born w champagne tastes on a lemonade budget hehe this blush is lovely it's a peachy pink w a touch of brown it's so elegant tres chic Chanel well done! They have the nicest colors always classy never trashy.

on 11/5/2013 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

One of my favorite blushes ever! I'm NW15 in MAC and this is a beautiful color for me. A light, slightly shimmery coral (not orangey) rose. Slight shimmer/glow, but definitely not glittery. Applies beautifully and awesome staying power - lasts all day. Typical Chanel light rose fragrance. Packaging is a black Chanel plastic compact with a domed blush and a small applicator brush. Personally I never use the brushes and wish they wouldn't even include them, and save the packaging space, so I'm taking off 1 lippie for packaging. Overall, I adore this blush and will definitely repurchase.

on 11/7/2014 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I went to the Chanel counter today after seeing a video blog on YouTube about this blush, I needed a little change up from my Exhibit A Nars, which I love, anyway I had purchased two Tom Ford blushes, Love Lust being one of them. First off Love Lust is indeed a beautiful color but I did not think the payoff was worth $57 American, had it been fabulous then no problem. When I saw In Love on my cheeks and got a whiff of the heavenly rose scented Chanel, I knew I was in luxury heaven. Okay something else worth noting ALL my cosmetics are in black packaging, very uniform and I like it that way, so Ford was an interloper with the brown case ! That aside I adore Chanle blush and always have, it lasts a long time and is build able. So count me In Love.

This is my first Chanel blush. Everyone always talks about the scent of Chanel blushes, so I was a bit nervous that I might find it too strongly scented or that it might irritate my sensitive skin. No worries there. The blush is very lightly scented and once applied, you don't notice it at all. I really like the scent. It doesn't smell like anything else. Just a lovely, sophisticated this-is-probably-really-expensive smell. So far, it hasn't bothered my skin at all. "In Love" is a light, corally-peachy shade with slight shimmer. It is super pretty on fair skin.

on 2/23/2014 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The best thing about this blush, except for the great colour is it seems to last forever. I had to throw it away not because it ran out but because it lasted more than 5 years! Comparing to the Dior blush that I have used alternatively with this blush, that one I repurchased 3 times while this Chanel Joues Contraste was still more than half. The pigmentation is great, you need only a little and no need to pack on a lot.

But it is pricey...(as with other Chanel items). The other thing I don't like about the packaging is the brush which I find not very soft.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Chanel In Love JC Blush is one of my favorite blushes for every day. I'm not huge on coral-toned blushes, but I LOVE this blush on me. It's warm, natural and gives my cheeks the perfect warm glow. I range from the MAC NC20-NC40 coloring (light-medium to medium-tan with warm undertones). This blush is just pure awesomeness. Try it!

My very favorite blush ever! It's the perfect vibrant coral shade with some slight gold shimmer. It really awakens the face. The staying power is excellent for me, and can apple a little for subtle color or more for a pop of deep coral.

on 4/1/2012 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

OMG, I love this blush. I have weakness for anything with a peachy color. It's ironic that I love the color but not love the smell. It gives me a subtle glow from within-I am MAC NW45 for reference and happy I have this color.

on 1/22/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this blush for the summer time! I used it last summer and it looked really nice and glowy! Chanel blushes are one of my favorites including Nars. In Love is one of Chanel's most popular blushes and it is suppose to suit any skin tone! Also this was my first Chanel blush and I did not regret buying it!