Earth Science Active Age Defense Whipped Cream Cleanser

Earth Science Active Age Defense Whipped Cream Cleanser

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sweet Almond Oil, Glycol Stearate, Ginseng Extract, Beta-Carotene, Micellized Beta-Carotene, Apricot Kernal Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Nut Oil, Kukui Nut Oil, Citric Acid, Laureth-4, Phenoxyenthanol, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethlyglucinate, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance

on 4/5/2013 11:52:00 PM

Pros: Feels oh so gentle. Lovely, and helps my skin soak up moisturizer wonderfully. I like the scent and wish I could use it daily. 1/4 tsp is enough for my face, neck and chest.

Cons: brightening This gem is STRONG and I feel like it thins my skin. I may continue to use this once a week or so, but I don't need it daily (I prefer to use just water or honey and a facecloth).

My partner, OTOH, a 42 year old blessed with near-perfect skin, loves using this daily, for the extra moisturiser, and the luxe creaminess of the product. We're on our 2nd bottle, and she's also given this as a gift to her older sister and her best friend.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I admit I was drawn to this because it has "whipped cream" in the name, and was hoping it would be a creamy cleanser with sudsing properties. I've not had great experiences with most cream or foaming cleansers so I thought a cross between the two might do the trick.

It's not a cream cleanser, it's a foaming cleanser that happens to be white and thick. It does an okay but not great job of cleansing, leaves skin a little dry & taut, and takes a lot of effort to rinse off.

It's very, very similar to Clarins Gentle Foaming cleanser, so if you're a fan of that, this would be a cheaper alternative. I bought it at vitacost, where it's just under $10 for a 5.8 oz tube.

Incidentally, I had an allergic reaction to this (not sure which ingredient set it off, though.) However, my review is based on the actual efficacy of the product, and I would not repurchase or rate it highly regardless of this. It's just not a great product and I don't want to have to work that hard to rinse my cleanser off.