Earth Science Active Age Defense Whipped Cream Cleanser

Earth Science Active Age Defense Whipped Cream Cleanser

3.8

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sweet Almond Oil, Glycol Stearate, Ginseng Extract, Beta-Carotene, Micellized Beta-Carotene, Apricot Kernal Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Nut Oil, Kukui Nut Oil, Citric Acid, Laureth-4, Phenoxyenthanol, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethlyglucinate, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance

on 3/31/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My skin is dry and sensitive. The cleanser is a pearlized white lotion/cream packaged in a sanitary tube. I applied it, added water, and massaged lightly. It felt a little drying for my skin. I like the ingredients, so I was disappointed that this cleanser didn't work for me. My skin seems to do best with non-detergent lotion cleansers.

on 7/10/2014 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Dang. I really, REALLY wanted to like this product. It ordered it online because of the lovely ingredient list in this face wash: Ginseng infusion, Amino Acids, Bata-Carotene, Lactic Acid, Sugar Cane Extract, Almond and Macadamia Oil. Yup, I was really excited to try it...until I actually DID try it...

This dried out my face pretty much immediately, which is already dry anyhow. Or else it left a funky residue that was doing its best to imitate dry skin flaking. It was also sort of itchy, which really sucked. At first I thought it was my imagination until I put on a mask of grapeseed oil and then used this to wash it off - it totally removed the oil which no cleansers ever do. So I knew this was just way too drying of a formula for me. Total bummer.

I can only use this as a remover for thicker, very emollient type masks and cleansers (Ponds, Oils, etc). I don't recommend this for people with dry skin at all.

on 11/3/2013 1:21:00 AM

I have repurchased this creamy cleanser three times. Despite the creamy texture, it does a good job cleansing my skin and leaving it soft and fresh. For a little extra cleaning power in removing makeup, I just use it with my Clarisonic. I have to laugh, though, when they spell it "whipped crème" rather than "whipped cream." I guess the former sounds more French and elegant! The price is reasonable, and you only need to use a little bit.

on 4/5/2013 11:52:00 PM

Pros: Feels oh so gentle. Lovely, and helps my skin soak up moisturizer wonderfully. I like the scent and wish I could use it daily. 1/4 tsp is enough for my face, neck and chest.

Cons: “brightening” This gem is STRONG and I feel like it thins my skin. I may continue to use this once a week or so, but I don't need it daily (I prefer to use just water or honey and a facecloth).

My partner, OTOH, a 42 year old blessed with near-perfect skin, loves using this daily, for the extra moisturiser, and the luxe creaminess of the product. We're on our 2nd bottle, and she's also given this as a gift to her older sister and her best friend.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I admit I was drawn to this because it has "whipped cream" in the name, and was hoping it would be a creamy cleanser with sudsing properties. I've not had great experiences with most cream or foaming cleansers so I thought a cross between the two might do the trick.

It's not a cream cleanser, it's a foaming cleanser that happens to be white and thick. It does an okay but not great job of cleansing, leaves skin a little dry & taut, and takes a lot of effort to rinse off.

It's very, very similar to Clarins Gentle Foaming cleanser, so if you're a fan of that, this would be a cheaper alternative. I bought it at vitacost, where it's just under $10 for a 5.8 oz tube.

Incidentally, I had an allergic reaction to this (not sure which ingredient set it off, though.) However, my review is based on the actual efficacy of the product, and I would not repurchase or rate it highly regardless of this. It's just not a great product and I don't want to have to work that hard to rinse my cleanser off.

on 10/9/2012 8:44:00 PM

This is an interesting, effective cleanser. Coming out of the tube, it has a luxurious, thick texture almost like cream soap, and a little goes a long way because it creates lots of velvety lather. It is fragranced, but I have not experienced any irritation from using it, even around my eyes. I like to use it with my Clarisonic because it is the most sudsy cleanser I own. I got mine at Vitacost, and this line is also available at many whole-foods-type stores. The packaging varies. Mine says Active Age Defense Whipped Cream Cleanser with Beta Ginseng.

on 9/28/2012 9:46:00 PM

This is my HG cleanser. It's creamy, leathers a bit, super luxurious, and has a light scent that I enjoy. It cleans my combo sensitive skin well. I love it.

This is a beautiful cleanser for my normal, sometimes slightly dry, sometimes slightly oily skin. This has a fluffy and creamy texture, delightful, barely detectable aroma, rinses cleanly, and provides gentle, yet thorough cleansing. This rivals and surpasses the Clarins Gentle Cleanser with Shea that I have just finished up...and is less than half the price. The container has changed a bit..and mine says Active Age Defense Whipped Cream Cleanser with Beta Ginseng. Highly recommended!

on 9/18/2011 10:14:00 PM

Quite possibly the best darn cleanser I've ever used and I've used lots. Just a TINY bit does it and you get the cushioned feeling of thick whip cream on your face. While washing away, I just let it sink in for a bit. I can feel the richness. It's that good and there is NO reason to spend more on any other cleanser, if you desire a thicker one such as this. I loved it in the summer and I'm sure to love it during the winter ahead. Quite a find at Whole Foods. I'm thrilled Whole Foods supplies the consumer with such fine products, without all the gimmicks and unnecessary ingredients at high end retail stores. I believe the Whole Foods purchase is buying a product in a purer state that mass marketed products. Compare prices and you will pay a fraction of the price, with ingredients that do the job.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Perfect. No/very light smell. Takes off make up. Great packaging. Cheap. Non irritating. Ph Balanced. So moisturizing it leaves my skin plumped and soft. Have not used around eyes