Decleor Harmonie Gentle Soothing Cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Decleor Harmonie Gentle Soothing Cream

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glycol Palmitate, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Squalane, Panthenol, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Scrophularia Nodosa Extract, Hydrolyzed Viola Tricolor Extract, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract, Palmitoyl Pine Bark Extract, Lilium Candidum Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Arachidyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Cottonseed Oil/Palm Oil Aminopropanediol Esters, Arachidyl Glucoside, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Maltodextrin, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycolipids, Polysorbate 20, Sclerotium Gum, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First of all, this product is not called "Harmonie Gentle Soothing Cream" anymore. It's renamed to "Harmonie Calm Soothing Milky Cream". Why they changed the name beats me, but Declor is kind of known for this, so the dedicated users should be used to the name changing thing. I never tried the original, and I don't know how this used to be, but I can't say I miss anything from this products performance. It's smooth in texture, the smell is pleasant, and it definitely calms the skin. I used this while I was on a harsh roaccutane cure, and even if I needed more moisture during the night, this felt heavenly on my sore and dry skin. It was, and still is, the best part of my morning routine. It makes my skin feel very smooth, and does not leave a yucky "film" on my skin, so you can easily apply foundation a couple of minutes after. I am acne prone to the boot too, but this has never broken me out, so the ingredients are safe to use if you suffer from this.

BUT, the people complaining about this not being rich enough for very dry skin, are true to their words. This is not for skin in sore need of moisture; this is more for normal to semi-dry skin. If this is not rich enough for you, then you may consider something heavier, maybe a balm rather than a cream (or maybe try hydra floral, it's a tad more heavy). If this is too rich for you, but you still have sensitive skin, then try a gel based moisturizer from the same brand (Harmonie calm delicate milky cream fluid, maybe?).

And please ask for testers before you buy a huge jar of any Declor product. It's awfully expensive, especially in my country, and paying for something that's not good enough for your skin just SUCKS. And since Declor base their products on different essential oils, some people are bent to react to this (normal signs are red spots, rough skin, break outs, itching etc.). Declor, being a high end skin care brand, are not normally sold in places where the staff is clueless, so they should be able to give you different testers and determine what's best for YOUR skin. This may be perfect for me, but every skin is different, so test this cream a couple of days, maybe even a week, before you make up your mind and buy the whole thing.

on 9/19/2009 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i got a mini size jar of this with a Rose D'Orient introductory kit. i feel it's a basic moisturizer that smells really good. it doesn't irritate but it also doesn't smooth or reduce redness on my skin. i won't be repurchasing the full size because i don't think it's worth it for the price.